The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Hello Lite

Please dont let this get you down, people either will or wont. We gave ALL our guests TWO YEARS NOTICE!! There were still only 15 of us and my husbands brother and sister never came yet our photographer, an old friend of ours we hadnt seen in 9 years jumped at the chance!!!. It sounds awful but as much as we love our family and friends we didnt miss them!!

Due to all kinds of reasons, swine flu, hurricanes, etc we have had brides on here with tiny wedding party's who wouldnt change anything about their day. Like you said its all about the 2 of you, try to keep that in sight and things will work out.

Good luck with your plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lite View Post
And so it begins!! We sent out our invitations last week. Most got them last Friday and we are already having ppl say they can't afford it. HIS PARENTS!! I told myself i wasn't going to let that thing bother me, friends and extended family not coming, but his freaking parents. He has to deal with it.
Than our agent gave us a price of $2063 for one week, which i think is perfect. But than she says that that deal is over August 27th and the price jumps to $3033. I posted that on our wedding website and ppl are freaking. So i really don't know how many ppl will be at our wedding!! Oh well as long as it's me and him that's all that matters.......

I'm sorry to hear about the rain for our upcoming brides!! Best of luck having your perfect day. Stay positive :)
they dont have to stay an entire week! you are going to get tired of them. lol.
my guests are staying 4day/3nights. thats enough! the FI and I want to be alooooone. wink.gif

just advise them to save like $75-$100 a month. or pay monthly to their trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynreneewed View Post
Well, this is it! The waiting is over and now its my time! I'm leaving today at 4:30 am. Wish me luck, I'll post as soon as I get back. Thank you everyone for all your advice and for answering all my questions. I love this website, I'd be lost without it! xoxoxo
congrats and best of luck with everything during your trip! don't worry about anything, the stress is simply not worth it. Your wedding day will be magical!
cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynreneewed View Post
Well, this is it! The waiting is over and now its my time! I'm leaving today at 4:30 am. Wish me luck, I'll post as soon as I get back. Thank you everyone for all your advice and for answering all my questions. I love this website, I'd be lost without it! xoxoxo
YEY!!!! You will have the most magical day!! You are getting married in Paradise, just remember that and all the small things will just float away in the sweet breeze!!

I'm sooooooo happy right now!! I bought my dress today!!!! We went to the first salon, i had no idea what style would look good on me so we tried about five. I found one that was alright but it wasn't love. So off we went to the second store. I found the dress! It's trumpet style so it really shows off my figure and doesn't make me looks so short, as i'm 5'2"! It's ivory in colour, strapless, i'm getting the tie-up back, it comes with a zipper now. And i'll think i'll make it sweet heart, it's straight across now. But i thought, it's crazy to buy a dress so fast, i should keep looking. So off to the third store. I told the lady that i really liked the trumpet style and if she could get me a few while i started to look. Well while i was looking, all i wanted to look for was that dress! I knew it was the one. So she pulled a few for me and i went in and tried the first one on. It was the dress that i loved from store two!! It was a sign that that was the dress for me! I tried on about four more and myself,my mom and SIL all said that the other was the "one". Oh and the second store had it for $998 and this store was selling it for $1398, they said they would price match. I went with the third store as the staff were much more friendly and non pushy. YEY!!!!!!!

Hi All!

I have been a little MIA since the wedding- work picks up this time of year =) But I did submit my review...

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...21-10-a-61362/

And I just want to say- it was the best day of my life, and I am so sorry some of you are having problems with people telling you so far in advance that they cannot afford it. That would be like me telling someone I can't go to their party next month because I have a headache- it's a bunch of bologna. But seriously, the people who do come, are the only people you need there. My brother/sister didn't come, my whole family didn't come (with the exception of my parents), and now looking back, all of that heartache and stressing over those people- if they don't care enough about you to spend money on a vacation for themselves, then #$%^& them. Even some of my friends didn't come- but they had enough money to buy a prada bag for themselves... really... I wish I could stress to you enough that these things DO NOT MATTER because you have your husband and the day will be beautiful and perfect no matter what happens (even if it does rain!!!).

When we first got engaged, someone told me that I would never realize how cheap people are until I got married... and it's so true. So who cares, please don't stress and create heartache for yourself, it's really not worth it. ENJOY THIS TIME!!! I wish I could go back and enjoy that time more, and worry less. (easier said than done, but still wink.gif)

...and don't forget to look over your bill with a fine toothed comb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post
Hi All!
I have been a little MIA since the wedding- work picks up this time of year =) But I did submit my review...

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...21-10-a-61362/

And I just want to say- it was the best day of my life, and I am so sorry some of you are having problems with people telling you so far in advance that they cannot afford it. That would be like me telling someone I can't go to their party next month because I have a headache- it's a bunch of bologna. But seriously, the people who do come, are the only people you need there. My brother/sister didn't come, my whole family didn't come (with the exception of my parents), and now looking back, all of that heartache and stressing over those people- if they don't care enough about you to spend money on a vacation for themselves, then #$%^& them. Even some of my friends didn't come- but they had enough money to buy a prada bag for themselves... really... I wish I could stress to you enough that these things DO NOT MATTER because you have your husband and the day will be beautiful and perfect no matter what happens (even if it does rain!!!).

When we first got engaged, someone told me that I would never realize how cheap people are until I got married... and it's so true. So who cares, please don't stress and create heartache for yourself, it's really not worth it. ENJOY THIS TIME!!! I wish I could go back and enjoy that time more, and worry less. (easier said than done, but still wink.gif)

...and don't forget to look over your bill with a fine toothed comb!
thank you for that. it really helps me. not to stress too much. gonna read the review now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lite View Post
YEY!!!! You will have the most magical day!! You are getting married in Paradise, just remember that and all the small things will just float away in the sweet breeze!!

I'm sooooooo happy right now!! I bought my dress today!!!! We went to the first salon, i had no idea what style would look good on me so we tried about five. I found one that was alright but it wasn't love. So off we went to the second store. I found the dress! It's trumpet style so it really shows off my figure and doesn't make me looks so short, as i'm 5'2"! It's ivory in colour, strapless, i'm getting the tie-up back, it comes with a zipper now. And i'll think i'll make it sweet heart, it's straight across now. But i thought, it's crazy to buy a dress so fast, i should keep looking. So off to the third store. I told the lady that i really liked the trumpet style and if she could get me a few while i started to look. Well while i was looking, all i wanted to look for was that dress! I knew it was the one. So she pulled a few for me and i went in and tried the first one on. It was the dress that i loved from store two!! It was a sign that that was the dress for me! I tried on about four more and myself,my mom and SIL all said that the other was the "one". Oh and the second store had it for $998 and this store was selling it for $1398, they said they would price match. I went with the third store as the staff were much more friendly and non pushy. YEY!!!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats an awesome feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlynnw View Post
We just recently booked our trip! quick question - I want an ocean view room which we have booked but the deluxe ocean view is that in the new section or the old one?
I think that's the new section- but "ocean view" is what we had, and it was really the pool view with the ocean behind it. Beautiful though =)