Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsylou View Post
hey girls, some of you have seen it, but it's done now! link in my sig!

i bought my sand ceremony stuff yesterday! MEGA excited and MUCH MUCH cheaper than the sets that you can only seem to get from the US and cost a fortune in delivery! i'll try and update my planning thread with them at some point. my bosses are making me 'do' work today. how rude wink.gif
Definatly very very rude!!!! LOL :-) Love your planning thread its brillant... Great job x

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post
Have any of you girlies seen the personalized shot glasses anywhere? I'm thinking of getting them as one of the favours. Then get the mini tequila bottles when we're out there....
Im looking for personalised shot glasses to, will only need around 8 i think... im on the hunt :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxmysockz View Post
Oh oh oh I would have been married 42 minutes this time in 9 months hahaha!

love the idea of shot glasses! altho I wonder about weight tho! its hard to think of favours for people... wonder if any would get broken too.. x
How exciting :-) ARGH!!! Its going to be here ladies before we know it!!! Congrtas on your 9 months to go anniversary :-) xo

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whoo cheer2.gif Our wedding date has been confirmed today, Its the date we requested May 6th, BUT we couldnt get the 4pm time we wanted so we are now getting married at 1PM... Im not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing?!?

1.) Wanted to sunbathe AM.... (gana have to master getting ready pronto)

2.) Ages to wait for reception diner.... (always stay at the bar before hand for longer)

3.) Will it be too hot.... (have now got fans... THANKS KERRY)

Ooooooooo look @ that, The good outweighs the bad.... smile120.gif

I think it will be ALL good :-) Argh it feels even more real now :-) Wedding pack should be through in a week or so (not holding breath though) xox

Nicy it's such good news!! really happy for ya... xx

let me know if you find any nice shot glasses!!

CW emailed today with the new 2011 wedding package price for our hotel and it's a little higher than we want to pay. Only around £250 but i'm gonna email the WC at the hotel direct and see if she can do it any cheaper.. Worth a try a suppose. Every little helps doesn't it? Then hopefully we will confirm and get a contract signed! So exciting!!

Quote:

CW emailed today with the new 2011 wedding package price for our hotel and it's a little higher than we want to pay. Only around £250 but i'm gonna email the WC at the hotel direct and see if she can do it any cheaper.. Worth a try a suppose. Every little helps doesn't it? Then hopefully we will confirm and get a contract signed! So exciting!!
Oh that sucks!! Maybe try and play it that you "booked" in 2010 so therefore you budgeted based on those prices n that it was never mentioned before?

I found out today that my resort wants $5 PER CHAIR to put a bow on! So thats $100 just to decorate some chairs u gotta be kidding me!!

Kerry.....The chair and bow decoration is the same as our hotel the cost is quite high, they are also charging me for napkins etc as well!!!!

Nicyx......Congrats on the date confirmation it's fantastic that you got the date you wanted.

Michelle & Nicyx.....I am wanting personalised shot glasses to but not yet managed to find them, many places are asking for a high minimum order number and i only want about 20, if you find any let us know, i will do the same.

Vicki x

Quote:
Oh that sucks!! Maybe try and play it that you "booked" in 2010 so therefore you budgeted based on those prices n that it was never mentioned before?

I found out today that my resort wants $5 PER CHAIR to put a bow on! So thats $100 just to decorate some chairs u gotta be kidding me!!
wow $5 a chair... you'd be better off buying them here and taking them with you!!

Louise i have ordered some of those starfish necklaces you have! Couldn't resist such a bargain!

x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
Whoo cheer2.gif Our wedding date has been confirmed today, Its the date we requested May 6th, BUT we couldnt get the 4pm time we wanted so we are now getting married at 1PM... Im not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing?!?

1.) Wanted to sunbathe AM.... (gana have to master getting ready pronto)

2.) Ages to wait for reception diner.... (always stay at the bar before hand for longer)

3.) Will it be too hot.... (have now got fans... THANKS KERRY)

Ooooooooo look @ that, The good outweighs the bad.... smile120.gif

I think it will be ALL good :-) Argh it feels even more real now :-) Wedding pack should be through in a week or so (not holding breath though) xox
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! how exciting! you must be over the moon! 1pm will be lovely. my friend got married at noon in St Lucia and they had the wedding, then she changed our of her dress and into a bikini for the afternoon, then got re-glammed in the evening for dinner! mega cool! whatever you do you'll have a wonderful day :)

Quote:

that sucks, but deffo worth trying to barter! or even say you'll pay that price if they throw in your flowers/cake/dj or something? try and get something for the cost

Quote:

i find the cost of chair bows absolutely awful! how can they justify that?! my hotel are charging me $55 for 'set up costs' so she said i can bring anything i want on chairs/tables etc. so i bought the chiffon/taffata from ebay and they're going to put some on chairs (but not every chair, just down the aisle chairs etc)

Quote:
Louise i have ordered some of those starfish necklaces you have! Couldn't resist such a bargain!

x
YAY! Glad i could help! such a bargain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post
Woodsylou.....Your planning thread is fab, and your invites are stunning how did you manage those (thinking of pinching ;-) if you don't mind of course.

thanks hon! course i don't mind! basically i bought some 220gsm paper. I designed the invites on powerpoint (I can email you them if you want?) and just printed them onto the paper. then i bought some of that acetate (I think that's what it's called) paper and cut each A4 page into three (long ways) and folded it round the invites and secured it with a tab (all of this from hobbycraft). then i attached the ribbon around the acetate the same way and added the starfish last (again with those sticky tab things) and they looked great!

Quote:

$5 bloody hell, yeah i would defo look into getting them and taking them yourself :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH, got the fans through today... Your a huge star, i love them love.gif just perfect x

Quote:
wow $5 a chair... you'd be better off buying them here and taking them with you!!

x
Oooo, im off to (big) Tesco on my way home from work 2moz as the small one near my work dosent have them but hopefully the one near mine does... If not i will have to see if i can get online :-) x