Confessions

ErinB

I confess I used to be so sad that most of my family/friends couldn't make my wedding. It used to break my heart and I felt "unloved"

HOWEVER

reading all your posts makes me realize "Man I had a fantastic week!" I'm imagining certain people bitching about this and that and now I can finally say "I wouldn't have changed a thing"

Love you all! Thanks for going through all the crap and headaches for me :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I confess I used to be so sad that most of my family/friends couldn't make my wedding. It used to break my heart and I felt "unloved"

HOWEVER

reading all your posts makes me realize "Man I had a fantastic week!" I'm imagining certain people bitching about this and that and now I can finally say "I wouldn't have changed a thing"

Love you all! Thanks for going through all the crap and headaches for me :)

Cindx - I know exactly what you mean!! There was more cleavage at my wedding then I would care to see!!! My mom, MIL, & step-mother...not to mention some of my guests!! But whatever...everyone will be looking at you anyway! And it will give you something to laugh at when you look at your pics!!! wink.gif

Ladies, I've been missing out on this thread!

Confession - I sincerely hope that my "friend" who not only took my wedding date, but refused the request to be IN my wedding after I agreed to be in hers AND keeps saying that since she's getting married the month before me she has "to see if they have enough money left over" to come to my wedding decides to just STAY HOME! Frankly, I have been cordial about the situation, but if she comes at the last minute I CANNOT guarantee her a chair at the ceremony or the reception ($12 per chair) or a welcome bag!! Better bring comfortable shoes and your own sunblock!! smile36.gif I feel better already!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
Ladies, I've been missing out on this thread!

Confession - I sincerely hope that my "friend" who not only took my wedding date, but refused the request to be IN my wedding after I agreed to be in hers AND keeps saying that since she's getting married the month before me she has "to see if they have enough money left over" to come to my wedding decides to just STAY HOME! Frankly, I have been cordial about the situation, but if she comes at the last minute I CANNOT guarantee her a chair at the ceremony or the reception ($12 per chair) or a welcome bag!! Better bring comfortable shoes and your own sunblock!! smile36.gif I feel better already!!
cheer2.gif
thumbs up for you!
she sucks.

What a great thread! Here's mine:

My sister and her FI have been living in my ex-FI's basement, because he offered them cheap rent, for the last two years. Needless to say, it has caused great strain on mine and her's relationship (it wasn't a "good" break-up between me and him) - my sister and I didn't speak for an entire year. So here's the confession part...even though I act like it doesn't bother me, and tell everyone it doesn't matter to me - it absolutely breaks my heart that she isn't going to be in my wedding party. (We were best friends growing up!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_delerium View Post
My sister and her FI have been living in my ex-FI's basement, because he offered them cheap rent, for the last two years. Needless to say, it has caused great strain on mine and her's relationship (it wasn't a "good" break-up between me and him) - my sister and I didn't speak for an entire year. So here's the confession part...even though I act like it doesn't bother me, and tell everyone it doesn't matter to me - it absolutely breaks my heart that she isn't going to be in my wedding party. (We were best friends growing up!)
Honestly, its time to forgive and forget.
you are SO gonna regret not having her there with you.
Its sad and unfortunate that the whole break up with you and her happened,
but seriously, extend an olive branch and make peace with your sibling.
Blood is thicker than water. Enough tears have been shed I'm sure.
You will feel better having her there with you.
GL! I hope it all works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_delerium View Post
I agee with bsf&jpg and I think you should let the past stay in the past. I know that's easier said than done and I don't know the whole story but if you and your sister make up 2 yrs from now you will still have to live with the fact that she wasn't in your wedding. It may not matter now or even 2 yrs from now but 20 yrs from now you could possibly look at your wedding photos and regret that she wasn't in them. I think you should ask her out to lunch and put all of your cards on the table. You may even find that she's upset that you didn't ask her and she really wants to be in it. I would at least say that you should make the effort to try to mend things and IF that doesn't work, then you have to be at peace with your decision to not have her in your wedding and remember that it's truly you and your FH that matter, especially on that day. Good luck and keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsf&jpg View Post
cheer2.gif
thumbs up for you!
she sucks.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
You may even find that she's upset that you didn't ask her and she really wants to be in it. I would at least say that you should make the effort to try to mend things and IF that doesn't work, then you have to be at peace with your decision to not have her in your wedding and remember that it's truly you and your FH that matter, especially on that day. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks for the advice and comments.

I am also saddened by the fact that she is getting married this November and didn't ask me to be in her wedding party frown.gif She's having a DW as well, and invited me to come, but not to participate, which sucks. I always imagined us being in each other's weddings when we were growing up. But I suppose I should extend the olive branch, so to speak and make the first move towards reconciliation