November 2010 Brides - Riviera Maya

Hi! We are having our ceremony at 2:30 pm because it's inside of a chapel and it's a Catholic Mass so it will most likely take an hour. We were told it starts to get dark around 5 in November and we wanted to take pictures after the ceremony so we decided to do the ceremony a little earlier.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im getting married at 4:00. Im hoping Ill have enough time to take pics with my bm's before the ceremony and FH can take pics with his boys before also. That will save us a little time after the ceremony to take pics together. I hope we can get some good lighting after the ceremony. *fingers crossed*

Ya I know the lighting is a dilemma. We are taking pictures before hand and doing a first look as well as group shots with our wedding party. I think in the end I am going to line the aisle with candles in hurricanes from Ikea :) I think it will look nice as it gets darker.

My ceremony is at 3:30 pm, I too was worried about the sun setting so early. I wanted to make sure we could at least get an hour of light after the ceremony for pictures.

Jesmcan- I think the candles will look amazing along the aisle and create such a romantic mood!

angelove - I see that you are getting married at Aventura Spa Palace and are worried about the hair and makeup gut you hired, Fermamdo, double booking.

My daughter was recently married at Aventura Spa and had her hair and makeup done at the resort salon. It was amazingly beautiful and the total for hair and makeup was $68. She took a photo of the hairstyle she wanted and they did an amazing job! Check some of her my daughters photos out here:

Shutterfly | View share

Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffexx View Post
My ceremony is at 3:30 pm, I too was worried about the sun setting so early. I wanted to make sure we could at least get an hour of light after the ceremony for pictures.

Jesmcan- I think the candles will look amazing along the aisle and create such a romantic mood!
Thanks Girafexx! now to convince the FI to lug the hurricanes down will be another story ahahaha

hi girls! my ceremony is at 3pm and cocktail hour will be 4:30-5:30...sun sets at 5 in November in Mexico so i should have a good hour after ceremony for pics...I heard people mention that they were running around trying to get pics in before the sun set and i didnt want that...also ive decided to buy a cheap suitcase to lug all the wedding stuff down in and then ill just leave the suitcase there for the trip home :) 4 months ladies!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicdeb928 View Post
hi girls! my ceremony is at 3pm and cocktail hour will be 4:30-5:30...sun sets at 5 in November in Mexico so i should have a good hour after ceremony for pics...I heard people mention that they were running around trying to get pics in before the sun set and i didnt want that...also ive decided to buy a cheap suitcase to lug all the wedding stuff down in and then ill just leave the suitcase there for the trip home :) 4 months ladies!!!!
That's exactly the schedule I'm following!

What time does everyone expect their reception to end?? We dont have a time limit but I'm wondering when guests would start to knock out. We're serving late night food too, so I'm guessing maybe 2 or 3 AM? hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by artistique View Post
I would highly recommend Catamaya for your sailing trip! :::::::::: CATAMAYA :::::::::: We went in January and it was so awesome! The boat is beautiful and the crew couldn't have been more fun. Everyone who wanted to went snorkeling (all gear provided of course) and others just swam off the back of the boat. It was a sunset cruise so they went under power to the snorkeling place, then sailed back towards the sunset. It was gorgeous! I will post some pics later as I am off to an appt now. Oh, and they sail out of Puerto Aventuras, just south of Playa.

:) Michelle
Thank you SO much! It looks AWESOME! We're totally going to check that out and hopefully it will work out! You do not know how much I appreciate the recommendation!