Quote:
Originally Posted by MObride09 View Post
Michelle,
That is correct. You do not have to put down a deposit. You can pay for the whole package when you meet with your wedding coordinator at the resort. There are certain things that have to be paid in cash, for example, the minister, but it also depends on what kind of ceremony you choose (legal vs. symbolic) as to what items need to be in cash. The only items they need to confirm the date is the travel manifest which it appears Victoria has if she has confirmed your day! Congratulations, March will be here before you know it!
Aww thanks so much for answering my question. This site is so helpful. It's so hard getting a response from the WC so you guys set my mind at rest :o)

does anyone know what food options come with the strawberry passion package??

I cant believe how fast time passes when you have a date- how freaky! Also, is there anyone who brought their own table decorations? What did you bring and was it easy to pack? were trying to find something creative but not too expensive...

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashfrylund View Post
I cant believe how fast time passes when you have a date- how freaky! Also, is there anyone who brought their own table decorations? What did you bring and was it easy to pack? were trying to find something creative but not too expensive...

Thanks!
I have the menu for the strawberry passion package! You can choose 1 salad, 1 soup, 1 main dish, and 1 dessert. Everyone gets the same meal. (unless there is a vegetarian then they can have that option)

SALADS
Tomato*Salad*with*Goat*Cheese*Pesto*Dressing
Sea*Scallop*and*Mango*Ceviche,*Key*Lime*Essence
Thai*Roast*Beef*and*Cucumber*Salad,*Onion*ringd
Curried*Marinated*Chicken*and*Tomato*Salad
Shrimp*Cocktail*with*Avocado*Slices*and*Cilantro
Proscciuto*Ham*in*Crispy*Grissini

SOUPS
Genovese*Minestrone*Soup*with*Garlic*Croutons
Asparagus*Soup
Chicken*and*Lemon*Soup*from*Merida
Onion*Soup,*with*Gruyere*Cheese*Crostini
Lobster*Bisquet

MAIN DISH
Grilled*Portobellos*and*Chicken*Breast
Pan*Seared*Fish*Medallion,*Parmesan*Cheese*
Risotto,*Asparagus*and*Red*Bell*Pepper*Coulis
Terriyaki*Beef*Tips*and*Vegetables,*Chorizo*and*
Potatoes*Sofrito
Beef*tenderloin*Wellington
Surf*&*Turf*(*Beef*tenderloin**with*Lobster*tail)
Grilled*Lamb*Chops,*soft*Polenta,*Red*Onion*
Marmalade,*Balsamic*Vinager*Sauce

DESSERTS
Sweet*Creme*Brulee*Caramelized*Apple*Fruit*
Cocktail
Luke*Warm*Half*Baked*Dark*Chocolate*Fondant
Three*Chocolate*Mousse
Strawberry*Cheese*Cake
White*Chocolate*and*Raspberry*Tiramisu

VEGETARIAN MENU
Green*Salad*with*dressings**Selection
Asparagus*Soup
Grilled*Mediterranean*Vegetables*with*Balsamic*Dre ssing
(*Red*Bell*Pepper,*Yellow*Pepper,*Mushrooms,*Zucch ini*and*Eggplant)

The package also includes a wedding cake for 10 people in one of these flavors: vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, coconut, pineapple

I haven't decided what we are having yet but I am thinking we will get the surf & turf. Hope this helps!

Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashfrylund View Post

Thanks!
Hey Ashley! :) Allison brought polished glass in her colors which was really compact, inexpensive, but really filled the tables. It looked really awesome and was unbreakable unlike trying to get vases down there. Here is a pic:

Click the image to open in full size.

:) Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico_2011 View Post
SOUPS
Genovese*Minestrone*Soup*with*Garlic*Croutons
Asparagus*Soup
Chicken*and*Lemon*Soup*from*Merida
Onion*Soup,*with*Gruyere*Cheese*Crostini
Lobster*Bisquet

Melanie
So the Asparagus Soup is AMAZING!! Honestly, one of the best soups I have ever had and was probably the part of the meal that the guests were raving about most.

Michelle

Thanks so much! I was really curious what we had to choose from- i hope that surf and turf isnt a seasonal thing cause that looks great! And i hear the pineapple cake is reeealy good too! Thanks for the picture of the table michelle- does anyone know, do they give you the candles on the table or do you have to rent them...should i bring my own? Do i need to bring candle holders?

• VIP Member

I had the surf and turf at the wedding I photographed there. It was in February, so you shouldn't have a problem (it was delicious by the way!).

Can any one help me out with a silly question?

We are able to have a nonlegal Interactive Blessing Ceremony?? Am I getting this lingo correct?

If so, do we have to option between a JOP or a minister?

Anyone who had this type of ceremony, do you have any suggestions at to which one to choose. We wrote our own vows.

17 days until the big day:)

Thank you so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MObride09 View Post
Michelle,
That is correct. You do not have to put down a deposit. You can pay for the whole package when you meet with your wedding coordinator at the resort. There are certain things that have to be paid in cash, for example, the minister, but it also depends on what kind of ceremony you choose (legal vs. symbolic) as to what items need to be in cash. The only items they need to confirm the date is the travel manifest which it appears Victoria has if she has confirmed your day! Congratulations, March will be here before you know it!
Can i ask something else? Did you ladies have to sign a contract? I have the date confirmed and now know i dont have to pay a deposit but i see alot of ppl taking about signing contracts etc... and i haven't had anything like that. Should i worry? Thanx