Quote:
Originally Posted by skadow View Post
Is it true they only do two weddings a day or is there more? I am not sure where I want to have my receiption. I would prefer to wait and decide once I am down there. But if it fills up I dont want to be stuck in a indoor conferance room or something =)
I'm not sure, I know I didn't run into any other brides on my day but that doesn't mean anything (I also had mine on a Friday). Now, on Saturday I do recall seeing 3 different bridal parties.

I would have your WC put you down for a specific location and then change it once you get there if you don't like it. Honestly, all the set-ups were nice.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Did you see any mugs in Playa? I dont want to travel with them =)
No I didn't, that's why I opted not to do the mugs. I didn't want to have to tote all the goods to Tulum. I had a friend in Playa buy my things for me and had him deliver it to the resort once I arrived. They do have a wal-mart in Playa that you can buy goods from but if they are american products they are expensive.

Quote:
Is it true they only do two weddings a day or is there more? I am not sure where I want to have my receiption. I would prefer to wait and decide once I am down there. But if it fills up I dont want to be stuck in a indoor conferance room or something =)
they do more, just depending. On my wedding day we were the 3rd wedding. There are enough outdoor locations that you wouldn't be stuck inside but if you have your heart on a location I would go ahead and reserve it with the WC.

It would actually be possible, if they had enough brides, for them to do 16 weddings in 1 day. One every hour from 11:00 to 6:00 on the Spa side and the same on the Cove side and once they get the new one up and running on the Spa side (by the Concierge Beach) you can have 8 more weddings that day for a total of 24.

No changes of that happening are very, very slim, but if they had that many brides wanting to marry the same day, then they could. Moon Palace has days like that.

That being said there was only one other one the day my daughter got married, 2 hours before. We saw a few days with 3 or 4 weddings at the same time (Spa gazebo, cove gazebo, beach on spa side and one in the Temezcal area).

I am glad I asked this.

I will probably reserve something on Monday now. For some reason I was under the assumption that they only booked 2 weddings a day. One for the cove side and one for the Spa. I have to be on the Cove because of my niece.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I might get a little more aggressive with my planning now. I was going to do most of the stuff when I got down there.

I want purple tablecloths too. They can only be purple! lol...(eggplant purple would be ideal) I might reserve those too. If i recall right, another bride was using the color Nam wanted?

Quote:
I am glad I asked this.

I will probably reserve something on Monday now. For some reason I was under the assumption that they only booked 2 weddings a day. One for the cove side and one for the Spa. I have to be on the Cove because of my niece.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I might get a little more aggressive with my planning now. I was going to do most of the stuff when I got down there.

I want purple tablecloths too. They can only be purple! lol...(eggplant purple would be ideal) I might reserve those too. If i recall right, another bride was using the color Nam wanted?
Correct. We wanted blue and I reserved them on the day of our meeting after I saw all the samples. Come to find out (the day of the wedding)...all the linens get delivered daily from Moon Palace and they were being used for an event there during the same time. So we had to come up with a back up and used green, which worked out great but I'm sure you see the dilema. If you are dead set on one color, style, texture, etc in particular..might be best to bring them yourself.

Def suggest being more aggressive. Like I mentioned before, there were two additional weddings on the same day as mine and all on the Cove Side. In hindsight though no other locations were available for a wedding except cove or spa side gazebo last November.

For the wind issue that was brought up earlier...depends on the night. Our rehearsal dinner was windy as anything. Everyones hair was flying, dresses, things getting knocked over....but the next night (night of the wedding) there wasn't so much as a breeze. We had candels in hurrican vases and they were fine. Don't think we could've had them in open air but I think luminar bags would've been fine. Best to be prepared for anything though cause you never can predict what the weather will be like even from day to day.

Hmmm Chris got married this week, I cant wait wait wait for reviews and pictures.

On a side note. I emailed the cordinator about booking privite events. I think I am going for the: Pandero Terrance and the Mundaca Inlet for dinner/cocktails

I am still undecided if the Conciege level is worth the money. Thoughts?