Confessions

ErinB

Quote:
Originally Posted by skadow View Post
Confession:

I know I am going to sound like the biggest b*tch, but I donâ€t want my FI niece and nephew to be my flower girl and ring bear. They are only 5 and I am afraid they are going to be running all around, and people are going to think it is cute because they are young. I really have no patients for that type of thing. I do not think it is cute.

I want the attention to be on me. Any other event I would be fine sharing, but not MY wedding.

My FI mother has already hinted to having them in the wedding. And how cute the girl would look in her little dress. …meh

I don't blame you at all - it's YOUR day and YOU should be the star and center of attention. You can choose not to have children in the wedding...tell your FMIL that you appreciate her input.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's my confession and I sound like a spoiled B**ch. I was mad at FI last weekend bc he "made" me get another car. We both have 2 seat vehicles: my sporty convertible and his little truck. We needed a car to carry around family and even grocery shopping, but I HATED the thought of a 4 door car. I finally gave in and picked a cute-ish 3 series, used. Two days later my dad was rushed to the hospital and I used it 3 days this week to transport family members to/from the hospital. So now I like my new car, but I still love my sports car and its been garaged over a week!!

I did tell FI how I felt about it and now I can laugh at it but last weekend I was fairly mad at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjd View Post
here's my confession and I sound like a spoiled B**ch. I was mad at FI last weekend bc he "made" me get another car. We both have 2 seat vehicles: my sporty convertible and his little truck. We needed a car to carry around family and even grocery shopping, but I HATED the thought of a 4 door car. I finally gave in and picked a cute-ish 3 series, used. Two days later my dad was rushed to the hospital and I used it 3 days this week to transport family members to/from the hospital. So now I like my new car, but I still love my sports car and its been garaged over a week!!

I did tell FI how I felt about it and now I can laugh at it but last weekend I was fairly mad at him.
I dont blaim you...I have a 3series - 323CI, thats a 2 Door. I think I would glare at it every day if it was 4 door. 2 doors just have cutter little butts on them lol. MY FI is always telling me I am going to need to get a family car too when we have kids....

Thats one battle I am preparied to fight for!

So dont feel bad! Everone has things that are importen to them that they dont wanna leave behind when they get older.

skadow, thanks, I appreciate it. i officially became old when I drove off the lot with a 4 door car. but it has been useful this week and it keeps me from putting miles on my boxster. its growing on me but I feel like I'm driving a boat its soo long.

I understand how you feel about kids in weddings too. I refused to have any in my first wedding (in laws not too happy but I didn't give in). This time, no bridal party just the 2 of us so no kids to cry/scream or throw down the petals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Hmmm, is there a way to change it or would you have to get a brand new one? I think if it's something you are going to wear for the rest of your life, you may want to have it be something you like. Just put it very gently.
I wish....I don't like princess cut stones (they remind me of my 2 carat from my first FI almost a decade ago when I was a kid) and the side stones are also another cut. Me no likey the mixed cuts. I wanted a cushion cut with possibly a pave band. He created something else that is not what I described. :-/ He is so "proud" of his "design" that I don't know that there is a gentle way to say, "Please return this custom ring and don't ever bring it back here again because it is not anything I would have ever selected." I'm thinking it may have to wait for an anniversary. I sound so spoiled right now. frown.gif It is what it is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
I wish....I don't like princess cut stones (they remind me of my 2 carat from my first FI almost a decade ago when I was a kid) and the side stones are also another cut. Me no likey the mixed cuts. I wanted a cushion cut with possibly a pave band. He created something else that is not what I described. :-/ He is so "proud" of his "design" that I don't know that there is a gentle way to say, "Please return this custom ring and don't ever bring it back here again because it is not anything I would have ever selected." I'm thinking it may have to wait for an anniversary. I sound so spoiled right now. frown.gif It is what it is.....
Awww, yeah you're probably right, there is no way to do it.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm such a control freak that when we discussed getting married I bugged him about going ring shopping until he finally told me one weekend that we would go and I picked out my ring to exactly what I wanted, essentially not making my engagement a total surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skadow View Post
Confession:

I know I am going to sound like the biggest b*tch, but I donâ€t want my FI niece and nephew to be my flower girl and ring bear. They are only 5 and I am afraid they are going to be running all around, and people are going to think it is cute because they are young. I really have no patients for that type of thing. I do not think it is cute.

I want the attention to be on me. Any other event I would be fine sharing, but not MY wedding.

My FI mother has already hinted to having them in the wedding. And how cute the girl would look in her little dress. …meh
i really think you need to put your foot down asap!! our ring girl is 12 and the flower girl is 7 and they are walking down together....and they are the ONLY children invited to our wedding. other people got kinda upset over this because they don't want to leave their kids behind since its a vacation, but i reminded them that it's actually MY wedding and there's a babysitting service at the hotel that they are more than welcome to use (and pay for). bring the kids for the week, but i don't want to see them, or hear them or ANYTHING from 4pm to 12 am!!! bitchy?? NO! :)

Confession:

Im getting annoyed with my MOH. All she does is complain about my DW. When I first told her about my DW she was upset bc she couldnt take off of work (which she could have but she was making an excuse). When I changed the date, her new excuse was and still is $$. Her daughter was supposed to be flowergirl and now shes not bc "she cant afford to pay for her." Now, her new complaint is shes coming alone bc she cant afford to bring her fiance. She called me all sad bc she didnt want to stay in a hotel room alone the whole time. I have probably offered to help her pay for flights atleast 100times. If you choose not to take my help, why are you still complaining?! Suck it up!! This isnt about you, this is MY wedding! Plus, I have family members who are living on a fixed income and are not complaining and are still coming to the wedding. I just want to ask her why cant she just be happy for me instead of stressing me out? Oh, and for someone who is sooo broke, how is it you should purchased a new SUVhuh.gif??

WOW! That felt soo good to get out! I know it might sound rude of me, but Im just fed up. I have so many other wedding issues Im dealing with. I just feel like, either take the help Im offering you or shut up!!

Thanks for listening girls....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Awww, yeah you're probably right, there is no way to do it.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm such a control freak that when we discussed getting married I bugged him about going ring shopping until he finally told me one weekend that we would go and I picked out my ring to exactly what I wanted, essentially not making my engagement a total surprise.
Thanks Amy.....at this point that sounds like a better option than what I did. :-) Leaving a man to his own creativity can sometimes lead him to his demise. hit.gif Which I'm glad to be learning sooner than later! I will hit him up for our anniversary. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelov321 View Post
Confession:

Im getting annoyed with my MOH. All she does is complain about my DW. When I first told her about my DW she was upset bc she couldnt take off of work (which she could have but she was making an excuse). When I changed the date, her new excuse was and still is $$. Her daughter was supposed to be flowergirl and now shes not bc "she cant afford to pay for her." Now, her new complaint is shes coming alone bc she cant afford to bring her fiance. She called me all sad bc she didnt want to stay in a hotel room alone the whole time. I have probably offered to help her pay for flights atleast 100times. If you choose not to take my help, why are you still complaining?! Suck it up!! This isnt about you, this is MY wedding! Plus, I have family members who are living on a fixed income and are not complaining and are still coming to the wedding. I just want to ask her why cant she just be happy for me instead of stressing me out? Oh, and for someone who is sooo broke, how is it you should purchased a new SUVhuh.gif??

WOW! That felt soo good to get out! I know it might sound rude of me, but Im just fed up. I have so many other wedding issues Im dealing with. I just feel like, either take the help Im offering you or shut up!!

Thanks for listening girls....
I understand exactly where you are coming from. We had friends and fmaily bugging us and nagging us for more than a month leading up to our contract being signed for the rooms. Once it was booked and our TA rolled out the pricing, not one person has booked yet. One of my BM's bought a new car and another has taken a massive vacation. I don't expect their life to change for our wedding.....but I understand what you are saying about all the blah, blah, blah from people and then NO action on their part. I've just taken the relaxed approach (after much stressing) that those that want to be there and are meant to be there, will be. Everyone else will just have to resume home life with us when we return and get over themselves. Those you love, can cause you the most stress......don't let 'em do it to you!!!! This should be one of the happiest planning phases of your life and you shouldn't have to be overly accomodating for others. Engage your inner zilla and focus on you and FI! grouphug.gif

To the girl with the flower girl worry...what about asking one of your friends to do be your grown up flower girl and then you don't have to worry about it at all! hehehe my Flower Girl was 33! and i was sooooo glad that i had asked her because shortly after on of the GM decided they would bring their 15 months beauuutiful daughter, but i didn't want a baby in my wedding, so i was sooo relieved to have a good excuse, I already had a flower girl!

Confession: I bought a 4 pack of McCann's mini pizza's the other day and went home and ate the whole box before my DH got home from work!! lol When he came home I wasn't hungry for dinner but couldn't tell him why! oooh the cravings you get when you're preg.

...Mmmm...i want some mini pizza's please!