Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi83 View Post

LOVE THE DRESS!! It looks BEAUTIFUL! Hey, it's your wedding, if you want plunging neckline DO PLUNGING NECKLINE! :) You'll look gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamphilia View Post
jannae, you look fantastic! i think the dress looks great. i can see the crease, but only because you mentioned it - otherwise i wouldn't have noticed. smashing! :)
Totally agree, I wouldn't have noticed it at all. I think it looks amazing!! There's no way you can tell is that it's $150, LOVE it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ballerina- View Post
christinak82, I am so sorry for such a late reply! I haven't been on the forum for quite a while.

My dress is white polyester satin. And that's the only thing I don't like about it. The dress is VERY heavy and I am pretty sure I will feel very hot wearing it in July.
If you want your dress to be flowy, I wouldn't suggest poly satin. This fabric is very stiff. But my gown is not supposed to be flowy, so I am pretty satisfied with the fabric I chose.

Here are the pictures of it on me.
Click the image to open in full size.

And this is the original dress I showed to gianinarbridal:
Your dress is gorgeous!!! It fits you so beautifully as well. This is similar to one that I have in mind but I'm still aprehensive to order online.

The original dress looks like it has a different bodice. Did you ask for the bodice changes & the additional ribbon? I think your dress is actually prettier, but I'm just curious if you asked for those changes specifically. Also did you have it taken in at all or did it fit off the hanger?

alright girls here is my dress after 2 months and two requests for alterations. i think it looks pretty good and am just going to have them ship it. anything in person i do not like i will take to a seamstress. the back they did not lace up for the picture. also, i told her to even out the top of the back in a straight line (it looks sloppy) before they shhip it. but finally after all this time and tries on their end it looks pretty close to the original.

the one thing that i am slightly worried about is the pin-marks that are totally apparent in the picture. anyone able to fix them or thoughts on that? is there a way to make them dissapear or should i not bother paying the reaminder and getting the dress?

original:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMinze View Post
alright girls here is my dress after 2 months and two requests for alterations. i think it looks pretty good and am just going to have them ship it. anything in person i do not like i will take to a seamstress. the back they did not lace up for the picture. also, i told her to even out the top of the back in a straight line (it looks sloppy) before they shhip it. but finally after all this time and tries on their end it looks pretty close to the original.
the one thing that i am slightly worried about is the pin-marks that are totally apparent in the picture. anyone able to fix them or thoughts on that? is there a way to make them dissapear or should i not bother paying the reaminder and getting the dress?
original:

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but I can't see any pin-markshuh.gif The dress does look VERY good but you should make sure you're happy with it. Did you ask them if there's anything they can do about the marks?

For all you ladies out there, how long did it take before they sent you the first pictures of your dress? I know 30-45 days but I'm just curious how accurate that is. I'm on day 22 and already VERY anxious!!!!

For all you ladies out there, how long did it take before they sent you the first pictures of your dress? I know 30-45 days but I'm just curious how accurate that is. I'm on day 22 and already VERY anxious!!!!

I ordered my dress from "gianinar" on May 18th, received pics on June 10th and received the dress on June 24th.. I LOVE the way mine came out!! I'll have to take pics and post..

Good morning everyone,

I am new here and so glad I found this post. The dress I want is a Maggie but I did not want to pay the $1000 price tag. I am thinking of using gianinarbridal and am curious if you guys think she can recreate this. I know alot of you have experience using her so just wanted to hear what you think.

Okay, I keep trying to upload photos but it is telling me that I have an invalid file so here is the link. Thanks for any input.

RSM1038 - by Sottero & Midgley

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarson View Post
Good morning everyone,

I am new here and so glad I found this post. The dress I want is a Maggie but I did not want to pay the $1000 price tag. I am thinking of using gianinarbridal and am curious if you guys think she can recreate this. I know alot of you have experience using her so just wanted to hear what you think.

Okay, I keep trying to upload photos but it is telling me that I have an invalid file so here is the link. Thanks for any input.

RSM1038 - by Sottero & Midgley
Im pretty sure it can be done exactly she did my Maggie dress and it came out looking just like the original. The only thing I would suggest is looking into some real touch flowers to add to the dress because Im not sure of the quality of the flowers they use.

My dress is:
Amara Royale - by Maggie Sottero

I saw that dress in an earlier post. It is beautiful. Are you doing the red? So, do you think I should have her make the dress with no flowers and then have them added here or do you think she can upgrade the flowers? I was also thinking of doing some or all of the flowers in a sky blue color to tie into my wedding color. We are getting married on the beach so I want to make it beach-y. What do you think about the color of the flowers?