Gran Caribe Real 2011 Brides

Thanks for breaking down the costs! This is very helpful indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbypoo View Post
Hey Everyone,

I am getting married at the Gran Caribe December 4th 2010. I saw that a lot of people were concerned about not hearing from their wedding coordinators. The same thing happened to me, but all has been resolved. If you haven't heard from your WC, try to contact them by phone or send them an email about how upset you are, chances are you will hear from someone soon. That's what I did and I haven't had a problem since. My new WC usually gets back to me within the same day or the next day.

Anyway, I will try to tell everyone a little bit about how my wedding planning is going because I know I had to search these forums high and low to get info on Gran Caribe brides.

The wedding planning begins by setting a date and time and giving them a $200 deposit. At that time you will also sign a wedding contract. We chose the Villas Terrace for the reception and the Gazebo for the ceremony. Also, we are having a "symbolic" ceremony so that we don't have to jump through the hoops of getting married in Mexico, and officially getting married here the week before.

So here's some helpful hints:

Go to the real website and "book your wedding." Make up fake names and dates so that you can get to the end to see all of the options (you'll see what I mean once you do it). Your WC will eventually send you all of this stuff, but this is the easiest way to see most of their options (flowers, cakes, prices etc..) before committing to this resort.

If anyone's interested in having a signature cocktail during their cocktail hour, it is an extra $5 per person (I'm having blue lagoons!)

Table linens can be rented in pretty much any color available (that was another question I had). Table linens are $12 each to rent and napkins are $1 each

Ok so I'm pretty much going to walk you through my wedding and tell you how much it is going to cost so you brides thinking about the Gran can get an idea. First of all, my guests are quoted at $355 per person (based on double occupancy) for 4 days... pretty dang good for all inclusive.

We're having the Luxury Wedding. Ceremony is at 4 with a guitarist and a few floral decorations (standard ceremony decorations are white tulle at the entrance, white chair covers and red carpet). Also we are purchasing 3 bridesmaid bouquets, bridal bouquet, and 3 boutonnières. We have also upgraded our photo package which will be about an additional cost of around $1250. (we're using the hotel b/c outside vendor fees are $350, plus the cost of the vender, of course) From 5-6 is cocktail hour w/ signature cocktails and a live mexican trio. From 6-10 is the ceremony with a DJ. There will also be 5 centerpieces.

The total cost of the wedding will be about $8200 for 40 guests. If you're wondering how the luxury wedding went from $3800 to $8200 I will try to add up the additional costs. $400 for a judge (or minister or priest, this is not included in the package) $1250 for photography, $850 for DJ, $400 for reception extra hour (wedding package comes with only 3 hours) $200 for signature cocktails, $250 for couture cake, $150 to feed extra guests, $500 for bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, table linens, and ceremony decorations. And also a $400 surcharge for all weddings Thur-Sun after 4pm.

I hope this post wasn't too long and that it helps future Gran brides. Feel free to ask me any questions.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbypoo View Post
Hey Everyone,

I am getting married at the Gran Caribe December 4th 2010. I saw that a lot of people were concerned about not hearing from their wedding coordinators. The same thing happened to me, but all has been resolved. If you haven't heard from your WC, try to contact them by phone or send them an email about how upset you are, chances are you will hear from someone soon. That's what I did and I haven't had a problem since. My new WC usually gets back to me within the same day or the next day.

Anyway, I will try to tell everyone a little bit about how my wedding planning is going because I know I had to search these forums high and low to get info on Gran Caribe brides.

The wedding planning begins by setting a date and time and giving them a $200 deposit. At that time you will also sign a wedding contract. We chose the Villas Terrace for the reception and the Gazebo for the ceremony. Also, we are having a "symbolic" ceremony so that we don't have to jump through the hoops of getting married in Mexico, and officially getting married here the week before.

So here's some helpful hints:

Go to the real website and "book your wedding." Make up fake names and dates so that you can get to the end to see all of the options (you'll see what I mean once you do it). Your WC will eventually send you all of this stuff, but this is the easiest way to see most of their options (flowers, cakes, prices etc..) before committing to this resort.

If anyone's interested in having a signature cocktail during their cocktail hour, it is an extra $5 per person (I'm having blue lagoons!)

Table linens can be rented in pretty much any color available (that was another question I had). Table linens are $12 each to rent and napkins are $1 each

Ok so I'm pretty much going to walk you through my wedding and tell you how much it is going to cost so you brides thinking about the Gran can get an idea. First of all, my guests are quoted at $355 per person (based on double occupancy) for 4 days... pretty dang good for all inclusive.

We're having the Luxury Wedding. Ceremony is at 4 with a guitarist and a few floral decorations (standard ceremony decorations are white tulle at the entrance, white chair covers and red carpet). Also we are purchasing 3 bridesmaid bouquets, bridal bouquet, and 3 boutonnières. We have also upgraded our photo package which will be about an additional cost of around $1250. (we're using the hotel b/c outside vendor fees are $350, plus the cost of the vender, of course) From 5-6 is cocktail hour w/ signature cocktails and a live mexican trio. From 6-10 is the ceremony with a DJ. There will also be 5 centerpieces.

The total cost of the wedding will be about $8200 for 40 guests. If you're wondering how the luxury wedding went from $3800 to $8200 I will try to add up the additional costs. $400 for a judge (or minister or priest, this is not included in the package) $1250 for photography, $850 for DJ, $400 for reception extra hour (wedding package comes with only 3 hours) $200 for signature cocktails, $250 for couture cake, $150 to feed extra guests, $500 for bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, table linens, and ceremony decorations. And also a $400 surcharge for all weddings Thur-Sun after 4pm.

I hope this post wasn't too long and that it helps future Gran brides. Feel free to ask me any questions.
Although I'm a 2012 bride, this thread is very helpful! Thanks for posting :)

Abbypoo - Did you go through a TA to get the group rate or how did you go about it? I'm curious to know if the $355 your quests were quoted is only for the hotel or does that also include flights? If it doesn't include flights, how are you figuring out that piece?

Of course, 2012 rates haven't even come out yet, but it would be great to know how you guys are doing it so I know what to look for when it is time for us to start booking!

Does anyone know if both the bride and groom have to be catholic to get married at Gran Caribe's chapel. My daughter's future husband is catholic but my daughter is not. Anyone have any pictures of the Villa terrace or the Gazebo?

Thanks.

If one person isn't Catholic, they will need to get a waiver from their local Bishop. When they sign up for Catholic pre-Cana preparation, they will be able to learn about that. It's really mostly just a formality....

Then, once they have met the requirements of their local diocese, they have their priest send the info to the Cancun bishop, and he okays it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen181 View Post
Thanks for breaking down the costs! This is very helpful indeed.
Thanks for the details. I am getting married at the Chapel in February at 4 p.m., even though I would prefer earlier but 10 a.m. is too early. Anyways, I was wondering about the $400 surcharge. Since I am only using the chapel, I was wondering if I have to pay that surcharge too. It seems pretty ridiculous to me and I really hope I don't have to pay it because I'm not having a "sunset wedding/reception" which is what they call it. I emailed them about it and we'll see.

If you have any info, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi Ladies!! My fiance & I are fortunate that we leave for Mexico in two weeks and we are going to do a site inspection at Gran Caribe while we are there. This will be my 8th time to Cancun bc we go every summer but we always stay at the same resort (Barcelo Tucancun) because we love it so much and it is resonably priced. SO! Time to venture out and after hours of online research I think Gran Caribe looks like a beautiful resort and reasonably priced compared to others. I am just trying to decide if I should use a TA or not?? I am wondering if it would make it easier for my guest to book? But I also want to get the absolute cheapest prices as well so I am wondering if there is a fee the ends up being built in to the final price when using a TA? Any suggestions?? I am so glad to finally find posts about Gran Caribe and Congrats to everyone!!

Abbypoo-Thanks so much for the detailed price information! That help a lot! Since you are having your reception on the terrace, are you having the colored dance floor set up?

LChavez, I don't know about whether the Chapel works differently, but we're having ours in the gazebo at 3 pm. We just asked for a different time from the ones they listed, and they said yes. And we don't have to pay the $400 charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karielk View Post
LChavez, I don't know about whether the Chapel works differently, but we're having ours in the gazebo at 3 pm. We just asked for a different time from the ones they listed, and they said yes. And we don't have to pay the $400 charge.
Thank you.

BTW, I did a cite visit last month and the gazebo is beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetthang247 View Post
Hi Ladies!! My fiance & I are fortunate that we leave for Mexico in two weeks and we are going to do a site inspection at Gran Caribe while we are there. This will be my 8th time to Cancun bc we go every summer but we always stay at the same resort (Barcelo Tucancun) because we love it so much and it is resonably priced. SO! Time to venture out and after hours of online research I think Gran Caribe looks like a beautiful resort and reasonably priced compared to others. I am just trying to decide if I should use a TA or not?? I am wondering if it would make it easier for my guest to book? But I also want to get the absolute cheapest prices as well so I am wondering if there is a fee the ends up being built in to the final price when using a TA? Any suggestions?? I am so glad to finally find posts about Gran Caribe and Congrats to everyone!!

Abbypoo-Thanks so much for the detailed price information! That help a lot! Since you are having your reception on the terrace, are you having the colored dance floor set up?
Hi Sweetthang
I am having the same dilemma as you at the minute deciding weather to book direct or with a TA. It seems that the TA here are more expensive than doing it direct with the hotel but not by too much which makes me wonder if it is best to book with the TA just incase we have any problems along the way, at the minute i am struggling to choose a wedding package and carnt seem to make a decision.

Which package have all you other brides to be chosen? and which upgrades have you chose, if any?

Vicki

Vanessa C,

Are you using the precorded music or a musician? I'm also getting married at the chapel and can't decide if I want to pay the extra $400 for the musician. I do like that he would know when to play and when to stop, whereas the recorded music would just play.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks.