Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
I feel your pain so much! The last 2 weeks I have cried so many times over being constantly told by my family that I need to be aware of the price for everyone and make it affordable. The weirdest part is that it is my FMIL that has been the most supportive. She is like you go and whoever comes is who somes. Sometimes I think in an attempt to make sure it's fabulous it is easy to get lost in everyone else's happiness. I have a little mantra now that I repeat over and over when I worry about how much people are paying or not paying. It's is about Jay and I and even if we are the only 2 there it will be the most WONDERFUL day ever.

I feel you pain on this one. Last week my Grandmother called me to annouce she will not be coming to our wedding due to a news story she saw where 6 people got their hearts cut out in Cancun. I googled it. It was a drug gang killing a rival drug gang. So I called my grandmother back and asked her if she had recently joined a Mexican Drug Cartel and if she did then she might be right and not want to come. AHHH I was really upset at the time but it makes me giggle now!
hahahaha....I know it is not funny that she is not coming, but her reasoning his hilarious. I love your response to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
I love your positive attitude! You're absolutely right, it will all be perfect and wonderful no matter which resort you're at.

Oooooh very elegant dresses!! Love your colors!!
I love those dresses too! I love your colours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artistique View Post
Just don't let you grandma down there and see the military with the huge machine guns hanging out on the side of the road. That will REALLY confirm her opinion!! LOL!

:) Michelle

Haha totally! Too bad it's that way almost everywhere other than US/Canada. I remember going to Europe and seeing dudes walking around on the catwalks at the airport with MONSTER guns and kinda freaking out about it. We're sort of sheltered here in the good ol' US of A!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Thank you beaz and kittenheart!!! I'm just confused at the nerve of people. We KNEW going into this that travel for no one, ourselves included, would be free. I guess I'm just starting to see people's true colors late in life. Kittenheart, you put it in perspective when you said even your Mom didn't show up. I'm sorry to hear this and it makes me sad. :-( In the end, you both are right....those who were meant to be there and want to be, WILL. I'm not really stressed, just more irritated than anything. But I'm moving past it right now!

And beaz....I've wanted to tell more people to stfu.gif in the past 48 hours than I have in my whole three decades on this earth! I LOVE that sign...I feel empowered using it! I'm letting off agression through smilies....how passive/agressive is thathuh.gif LOL smile120.gif
You're welcome! I learned a tough lesson on who my friends were and weren't. Better now than never right? I can now invest my time and love into those who I know are truly there for me. Don't be sad though, my mom and I aren't really close and the family that did come was MORE than amazing and supportive through the whole process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
We're having about 50 people if the stragglers finally go ahead and book (hopefully no extra people decide to come). So, I'm assuming 7-8 tables. My mom feels like we need a table for just the 2 of us like AmyKH did and I didn't even take into consideration the DJ (which we still haven't decided if we're getting) and the cigar roller. Would he need a centerpiece? How big is that area he works on? I bought vases for the cake and guest book tables. Are there any other tables I'm forgetting?

My BM's are wearing vintage bronze and my MOH's are wearing purple. We decided to use lime accents for the bouquets and our moms/aunts will be wearing a praline color. I know this can be confusing so these are the dresses...Bridesmaid Dresses - the source for bridesmaid dresses fashion at Mori Lee Style 266
The DJ, Cigar roller and the cake table I would say don't need a centerpiece. My cake table wasn't that big and it would have been in the way, especially since they pulled it out into the center of the dancefloor for me to cut and everyone circled around us. I had candles on the cigar & cake table and that was fine for me.

I love your colors! Nice and warm and rich :) White goes with everything so a combo of the two would be nice I think! Do you know what kind and color of flowers you are getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
Amy, it has come full circle for you!! Now you get to reassure all of these brides with me :)

Ditto to what Amy said. I wasted so many tears on people that I honestly wish I hadn't... one of those being my mom as well. I had 7 people show for my wedding..... 2 of those were family members - one brother and my sister. And you know what, it turned out perfectly! The attendance numbers were definitely lower than we had expected, but I can tell you that I honestly don't care to this day about that!
I know right! You should be so proud, your totally my mentor Nicole and I your protege :)

I didn't realize your mom didn't come either. I had zero parents, FI had both and seriously I was perfectly fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Amy is absolutely right!! It's hard to imagine this now since you're in the throws of planning and have incoming negativity, but on your wedding day NONE of this will matter. I promise you! You'll realize that the people who are there to share it with you are the ones who needed to be there and wanted to be there. Having a DW really does show people's true colors, shockingly so sometimes. hug2.gif

During our planning DH's family could not stop talking about what a financial hardship coming to our wedding was. I wanted to scream "SO DON'T COME!" In fact, they still talk about "financial recovery" from it. But I'm waaaaaaay beyond caring about statements like this. People can make their own choices and need to take responsibility for them. They also need to realize that this is a WEDDING, i.e. not about them but about YOU!

Just to throw in some brevity here: one of DHs good friends from way back (more like a sister to him) just called yesterday to say she won't be coming to our AHR--because she's not comfortable in a bathing suit!!! Okay, now hear me out. I know a lot of us women have body image issues (though she has no reason to, she's maybe a size 6 and tall), but the reason this makes me smile120.gif at the stupidity of the situation is because of how mad she was that she wasn't "chosen" to go to Mexico. She actually hung up the phone on DH when she found out she couldn't come to the wedding. To a wedding in Mexico. At a resort. On the beach. Where bathing suits are pretty much mandatory. wtf.gif
smile120.gif THIS KILLS ME!!! People are so odd sometimes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post

I didn't realize your mom didn't come either. I had zero parents, FI had both and seriously I was perfectly fine!
Nope, we had no parents period!! Just 5 friends, one of my brothers and my sister. I am very close with my mom, so I was nervous of how I would be on the wedding day, but like I've told you a million times, I never even thought of anyone that wasn't there! All that worrying for nothing!

Before I headed to bed, I just had to say how much I LOVE this freakin' thread! We all seemed to come together, drop a few F-Bomb smilies, encourage one another, and log out of here with our pep back in our step about our DW planning or experiences.

I appreciate all of you and your support! All of you had the most honest and genuine advice and it helped me get out of my temporary DW pity funk. Upwards and Onward!

So I haven't been good at the whole to-do's list thingy, so I'm going to ask you more senior or advanced brides what I should be doing with my time as far as planning and preparation right now. I've done the following and I keep feeling like I have all the time in the world, but I know 11 months will sneak up on me and I'll wish I completed more tasks.

1- Sent out STD email and ordered STD magnets from ETSY.

2- Booked photog and paid deposit.

What's nexthuh.gifhuh.gif Does anyone have a DW checklist or know of where I can find one on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post

1- Sent out STD email and ordered STD magnets from ETSY.
2- Booked photog and paid deposit.

What's nexthuh.gifhuh.gif Does anyone have a DW checklist or know of where I can find one on here?
Who'd you end up going with for your photog?

For a checklist, I used the ones in the book The Knot's Guide to Destination Weddings. There are pages of checklists starting from a year or so out taking you to your wedding day. This was my lifesaver, especially when I was just starting out and had no idea what I should be doing. It kept me focused on things that needed doing instead of jumping the gun. The checklists in this book do assume you have to find all your own vendors (which we don't :), but it's easy to skip past those.

Hm, 11 months out... You have your website done, as I recall. Have you registered? Do you have your dress? I'd be thinking about things that don't involve the resort since it's too early to really do any details with them.

Overall, just enjoy that you're 11 months out and you can relax a bit!