Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda Brides post here

Hey Ladies,

I was married there in September! It was the perfect wedding!

I purchased the smallest package as I really wasnt concerned with all the details, since its already beautiful there! I would not have done it any different. We did not do any of the private parties etc... We still had to pay per person at the restaurant, which was the only extra cost. The flowers were amazing, Candy was amazing, even though she seems to be not that great in the begining, she knows what she is doing. I would be happy to share pics and answer and questions from my opinion... I'm going to try and share pics, but if I cant figure it out, feel free to email me at bclandrovergirl2@hotmail.com

Cheers

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bclrgrl,

i was looking at doing a cocktail hour after the ceremony & before the dinner. is it worth it to pay the extra $ (i think it was another $15/person/hour) to have this? or is the ceremony already beside a bar that my guests can just go to?

also, i was looking to have a private dinner on the beach with the tiki tourches etc. did you see any receptions like this while you were there or know where they would put our party for something like that?

i would LOVE to see any pictures that you have! especially of the cake, reception & flowers. if you cant post them, can you please send me some via email?

drewboy-420@hotmail.com

thanks soo much. also, would like to hear any recomendations that you have

thanks!!

o ya, almost forgot. did you get someone from the resort spa to do your hair? if so, did you like it?

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluckie View Post
maybe this pictures may help on your selection, the weddings were done in BBGE

Kris&Roman Photo Gallery by Ivan Luckie at pbase.com
Victoria & Anton Photo Gallery by Ivan Luckie at pbase.com

CHeers!
Your pictures look great, I loved all the shots of the ceremony it gave me such a better idea on what it will look like....

how many guests did you have?

Guest iluckie
Quote:
Originally Posted by staciw View Post
Your pictures look great, I loved all the shots of the ceremony it gave me such a better idea on what it will look like....

how many guests did you have?
Around 40 in each wedding, average peol is 35 forweddings in the Riviera Maya.

Best Regards!
Ivan

• 2 weeks later...

Question for past brides at this hotel - have any of you had a problem getting your marriage license back or had to wait a very long time? I have a girlfriend who was married at this hotel in March and is still waiting for the documentation. Her WC - Nadia is also not responding to any of her emails.

Any suggestions??

Hi Ladies!

I originally planned (and booked) my wedding at the Dreams Puerto Aventuras but after our group rate went up too high we had to change. After MUCH stress, stress, and more stress we have now chosen to have our wedding at the BBGE, and I am SOOO glad I did!!!! I'm so excited to now be having our wedding at The BlueBay Grand and to have found you all on this site!

I can't wait to hear some of your stories and share some of the ideas that I have for our special day!

I am soo happy with the wedding co ordinator so far! Her replies to my MANY emails have been soo quick and she has consistantly answered my questions to my satisfaction!

Quick question.... did anyone use the resort photographer? I am planning to get the second highest package and was wondering if anyone had feedback on whether I should out source or use the one provided!

Thanks!!!

Natasha

• 1 month later...

Did you ever get a reply from someone regarding the resort photographer?

What are the costs?

I am getting married there in December and haven't really gotten around to really booking anything.  If I e-mailed the co-ordinator would she send me all the info so early?

When are you getting married there?

i asked the wedding co-ordinator for a list of the add-ons that are available & she sent me a list of stuff that you can get for weddings at BBGE (not included in the packages) with the prices.

All ive done is booked the wedding date (jan 26, 2011)...so far havent booked or planned anything else.

let me know what you decide with the photographer...

Sorry for the delay in responding, I did not know this thread was still active!

We did not use the resort photographer - we used De Sol Photography.  They were excellent, but very expensive.  We are super happy with the results but it really was no frills- no prints were included and all you get is a couple of dvd's with the pictures.  They did send "thank you" cards which were BEAUTIFUL as a surprise along with the dvd's, but we had already sent thank you cards to all of our guests by the time the dvd's arrived (about 3-4 months) so they were kind of useless.

If you'd like to see our professional photo's they're up at http://picasaweb.google.ca/jkurtz/20100129ProfessionalWeddingPhotos#

Candy was excellent once we got closer to the date and when we were down there- I'd say things went largely without a hitch.

Our guests loved the mariachi band during the cocktail reception in between the ceremony and dinner- but to be honest we didn't get to enjoy them all that much because we were off getting photos taken.  I hardly remember what they sounded like but it was quite memorable for the guests to have them playing.

Happy to answer any other questions, I've "subscribed" to the thread now!