Any 2011 Brides out there?

Hello ladies!

Well, everything worked out with the dress last week. The seamstress said she can make it fit me perfectly, so that's a relief!

Last week I went to stay with my sister who lives in Door County, WI (about 5 hours away) for the week and spend some time with her and my 5 month old godson! It was so great to spend some time with the little guy, but I must say I have a new respect for you mom's out there. It is HARD work!

I babysat all day Thurs & Fri while my sister was at work, and poor little Jack had just started teething . . . so I was giving him cold rags, frozen teethers, putting him in his swing, reading him books, watching Baby Einstein, standing on my head -- ANYTHING to pacify him!!

As a sidenote, I also watched a marathon session of My Fair Wedding, Bridezillas and Rich Bride Poor Bride while I was there. Thank god I'm cheap and don't have those channels at home!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2011 View Post
Hey Nicola,

We are planning a summer 2011 wedding and it does seem so far away! But we are excited on the planning process. We want a small venue and have been looking into a few of the places. We are planning a scouting trip sometime in August. Any recommendations?
Im sure you will get a lot of recommendations from the girls on here, im not sure on small places to be honest... but What kind of places have you been looking at? :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post
Omg girls i have just ordered some more gorgeous shoes, well they are sandals..... I have ordered the silver for my BM's and the hot pink for me. What do you think?

Click the image to open in full size.

OMG, you and you bloody shoes :-) Haha... i like those where are they from? I could do with then in aqua/turquoise... similar to some i have seen!! VERY VERY nice.... :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post
I have now found this dress also from Ebony Rose, i think this one is stunning

Yes, i see why you like this i like the shimmer effect it has... I must say i LOVE the turquoise one in the 1st set of pix :-) But both all are beautiful x

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondpooch View Post
Soon to be McRae, I really like that new dress. I love one shoulder dresses with flowers on the strap.

Nicy, I didn't order them last night sad.gif I am having second thoughts about the design I picked out. I'm thinking of just going with something more simple as to not spend so much money. I'm also thinking of finding a STD template on here I like and just making them myself to save money. This being the third time we've ordered them, I don't want to spend a lot of money, you know?
Personally i would make them, i didnt do STD's but i did make my own invites and rsvp's :-) I love making them, getting a template from here is a great idea as im sure there will be loads and loads :-) Let us know what you decide xo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post
Hello ladies!

Well, everything worked out with the dress last week. The seamstress said she can make it fit me perfectly, so that's a relief!

Last week I went to stay with my sister who lives in Door County, WI (about 5 hours away) for the week and spend some time with her and my 5 month old godson! It was so great to spend some time with the little guy, but I must say I have a new respect for you mom's out there. It is HARD work!

I babysat all day Thurs & Fri while my sister was at work, and poor little Jack had just started teething . . . so I was giving him cold rags, frozen teethers, putting him in his swing, reading him books, watching Baby Einstein, standing on my head -- ANYTHING to pacify him!!

As a sidenote, I also watched a marathon session of My Fair Wedding, Bridezillas and Rich Bride Poor Bride while I was there. Thank god I'm cheap and don't have those channels at home!
Fantastic news about your dress, what a relief :-) Im so pleased for you x
Awww, bet it was lovely to see ya sister and ya nephew/godson, i miss my sis and nephew/godson like crazy i live miles away form mine like you do :-(
But i know what you mean when yopu say about the respect for the mums out there!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the Baby Einstein stuff, we bought Cole (nephew) and Amélie (niece) a set each... they are brilliant and will last for years.... :-)
I dont have those channels either... im so glad as i would never leave the couch... haha.... :-) x

xoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post
Michelle....Those shoes are stunning i love the hot pink ones they are stunning where did you get those from hun?

Roxmysockz.....the dress is from this website you can get the style in a variety of colours Kelsey Rose

I have now found this dress also from Ebony Rose, i think this one is stunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post
Michelle- Love your shoes! Are they available in the States? That's just what I'm looking for for my bridesmaids :)
Thanks Girls the sandals are from...........EBAY!!!!!! Bargain..I got them on the co.uk ebay but try i'm sure if you message the seller she will ship to the states...

That one shoulder dress is stunning i love it. I love the one shoulder look. My BM's look gorg in theirs...

Nicy ha ha i know i'm a nightmare. You know i'm gonna end up with about 7 pairs to take hee hee, they do the sandals in aqua/turquiose. Search diamonte wedding sandals on Ebay. I'll try and post the link later. They do them in blue, red, silver, gold, black. And not expensive either. I can't wait for them to arrive...

Hi All,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, as I'm another 2011 bride. I've been hanging around the Azul Sensatori thread only so far, as that's where we're having our wedding. But thought this might be a good group of ladies to join too and share ideas and experiences with as I go.

Not sure if I'll be able to fully catch up on all 200+ pages of this thread but I've skimmed through them a bit and I'm sure I'll jump in to the swing of things around here with you ladies quickly enough.

so... Hi! Oh, real name is Kelsey by the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 View Post
Oooh welcome and congrats! You are the first other Washingtonian I've seen on here....where in WA do you live? I'm in Marysville!
Hi Im from Vancouver WA woo!!! woo!!! I forget where Marysville is? Im actually from Portland but moved across the river so now Im in Vancouver :) So fun to find another bride in close proximity :)