Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
We planned on having 2 couples go with us, then my mom and brother wanted to come so DH invited his parents and sister and brother-in-law and then it expanded and I have 30+ people coming now... how crazy is that?
Oh wow. I dont think I could handle 30 people in Vegas. I can barely control myself! Just shows you how much all these people love you Amy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post
We're coming from all over and different prices for different locations but from Vancouver our price is $1540pp for 7 days (Wed. to Wed), 2 people to a room. We were originally looking at different dates and the price was WAY higher. But of course, we're booking through a Canadian company who arranges the price with AS (not directly with the resort) so not sure if that's any help for you.

Why would you get banned? what.gif I hope she's not.
I think thats a great price. $3100 for 2 people including airfare! Wow.

I know you can get banned for asking people to email you attachment b/c you dont have enough points to download them. There is a whole rules section in the introduction section of the forum. Usually you get banned for 1 or 2 weeks for most things. I think they can do an ultimate ban to - but you'd probably have to spam or push sales on to people to get the lifetime ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcferron View Post
Hi ladies!! So, I had my mind set on Azul Sensatori and was getting ready to book it, but then started looking at Dreams Riviera Cancun. Imagine that..... second guessing where to have my wedding!!!

Has anyone been to both resorts and have any commentshuh.gif
Helllooo! I second guessed even after I booked at Azul. I think its natural to second guess - especially if you have an issue with your WCs or prices go down at the other resort, etc!

What was your list of "needs" and "wants" in a resort? That might help you choose. I have not gone to a Dreams before, but love to research online! I would consider the reception and ceremony locations between the 2 places plus the extras you want and total cost if your budget if tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
5. Order banner - DONE We already have it and it looks sooooo good! Way better than on the website! Just Married Custom Banner - ShindigZ
1st of all - good job with all of your delegations!

2nd of all - I love the banner! I might get one for my AHR too. So cute!

Good luck with your new baker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerlover36 View Post
Haha, when I originally created I didn't realize that would be my name that everyone sees from some reason. But yeah Im in love with a ginger...my real name is Meghan by the way ;-)
HAHA Well nice to meet you Meghan!

Hi ladies! OMG I've missed so much on this thread sad.gif. How is everyone's planning going? I thought I'd post the list again as I'm sure there are some noobs that have joined us here! Anyone that needs to be added or taken off the list please PM me!

June 2010

July 2010

meghan - July 1, 2010

Meesh – July 10, 2009

momichele – July 24, 2010

Daniepps – July 31, 2010

August 2010

September 2010

Lecreatifbride - Sept 4, 2010

October 2010

amandamarieb – October 10, 2010

chong – October 10, 2010

November 2010

~Crista-Lee~ - November 10, 2010

dstinationdrmr – November 12, 2010 – 4pm

dirtymartini – November 13, 2010 – Azul Beach

December 2010

mzgillis316 - December 3, 2010

jaimeburns – December 10, 2010

rkf1046 – December 11, 2010

January 2011

cjb0arder13 – January 31, 2011 – Azul Beach

February 2011

Less is More – February 19, 2011

March 2011

gingerlover36 – March 26, 2011

April 2011

May 2011

JaimeTalis – May 7, 2011

Bigboponthebeach – May 28, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
1st of all - good job with all of your delegations!

2nd of all - I love the banner! I might get one for my AHR too. So cute!

Good luck with your new baker!
Thank you!!! The To Do list always makes me realize how much I get done and it's a great feeling.

About the banner, the website really does not do it justice. We were surprised at how great it looks in person. High quality, good graphics and huge. Not cheesy in any way. It's a steal too! I would send you a picture of ours but the one we currently have got crushed during the shipping so it's all crinkly. The company is sending us another one set to ship tomorrow. Really great customer service, btw.

Ladies - I just stumbled upon th emost amazing find. Too bad it's way out of my price range...but here's hoping you have seen something like this for far less than $500.

Essentially it's a wedding genelogy chart that goes up atthe reception. It links of all of your guests to you but this one does it on a vintage inspired map of constellations. How cool: Wedding Constellations Genealogy Chart NEW by melangerienyc

Hmm..anyone know an astronomer that could help me with this for less than $550? A girl can dream right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerlover36 View Post
Haha, when I originally created I didn't realize that would be my name that everyone sees from some reason. But yeah Im in love with a ginger...my real name is Meghan by the way ;-)
LOL! smile120.gif that's hysterical! It could have been a lot worse too if I didn't think anyone would see it wink.gif

Nice to meet you Meghan, lots of Meghan's and Amy's on this thread :)

Quote:
Oh wow. I dont think I could handle 30 people in Vegas. I can barely control myself! Just shows you how much all these people love you Amy!
I really only planned on having 4 people and it spirled out of control. I could hardly handle 35 at my wedding in Mexico... I just think that my friends love Vegas and it's a 3 hour drive and so it's a simple getaway. I've also pretty much convinced everyone that I really know how to have fun and go overboard for them.

Quote:
About the banner, the website really does not do it justice. We were surprised at how great it looks in person. High quality, good graphics and huge. Not cheesy in any way. It's a steal too! I would send you a picture of ours but the one we currently have got crushed during the shipping so it's all crinkly. The company is sending us another one set to ship tomorrow. Really great customer service, btw.
LOVE THE BANNER! I totally want a banner now :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
Hey girls!! I hope everyone had a nice weekend!!! How is everyone doing on their to do's? I will update mine and start a new list...

STARTING Monday, June 14, 2010 ENDING Sunday, June 27, 2010
We will check in with what is done either as itâ€s done or every other Friday and start a new list!

The futuremrslutz's (Lindsey) To Do's:
1) Book flights to Cancun (they keep going up and down...guess we just need to book and take the risk)
2) Assemble and mail invites (these will go out by Wednesday)
3) Order OOT stuff
4) Book Vegas Wedding (Ryan is handling the entire weekend, except the actual wedding part...I will handle this.)
5) Bachelorette Party Favors
6) Order linens, candles, chair ties (already ordered samples), etc
7) Book DJ
8 ) Finalize Thursday night party
9) Create Mock table set up with pics for the reception
10) Update website
11) Decide on vowels
12) Order rose petals for the isle
13) Order garter, hair accessory, jewelry, etc
14) Bridesmaids/groomsmen gifts

Ok, here's mine...man am I behind:

AmandaMarieBâ€s To Doâ€s:

- Register (hopefully today and yes I realize we are very behind on this)- DONE!!!
- Order fiance's wedding band
- Recieve and sign photog contract- DONE
- Request rates for a BD shoot (Chris Schmidt?)
- Work-out
- Begin Qt Extreme Cleanse
-Order gold bags for rose petals
- Follow up on quote for real touch flowers and possibly order blume boxes -DECIDED ON REAL FLOWERS
- Make sure photo booth stand will work
- Find images and begin mock-up of post-cards using for guest book
- Send mom guest list so she can keep track of RSVP cards -DONE
-Begin searching for table card holders that will fit the polaroid-type photos from the photo booth
-Receieve suit swatch samples and email groomsmen to order (assuming we like the swatches) - FI WANTS TO HANDLE
-Start thinking baout hair and make-up
-Start writing ceremony
-Figure out DJ

UGGH! Here are my additions to that list:
-Revise flower choices and figure out centerpeices
-Order postcards from VistaPrint while they have the 100 free promotion
-Email FI's dad about helping with cake topper
-Send revisions/additions to the cocktail menu

Thanks!

Kittenheart (Amy)â€s To Doâ€s:

Book party bus for transport to and from the hotel to the chapel - DONE!!

Get final list of who's coming to Vegas - Kinda have!

Book hair and makeup appointment with MGM - DONE, may use someone else

Find shoes for dress - I think this has been decided

Make invites for Vegas wedding - DONE!

Figure out if anything else should be done for this... - DONE

NEW to do's:

Kittenheart (Amy)â€s To Doâ€s:

Book room for someone

Go get fun stuff @ Party City

Receive invites and stamps, mail out ASAP

Decide on flowers, purch or not

Receive cupcake papers & toppers & buy cupcake stand

Receive DH's bowtie & suspenders wink.gif

Order cupcakes

Order things on sticks

Go food shopping at Costco for snacks and booze for MOH to bring

Pull out cash for transportation

Create guest list to give to Skyloft peeps

Have MOH email boys to get tacky suits

Decide on hair and makeup and get photos for hair/makeup chick artist

Get jars for flowers

Buy sunglasses, necklaces etc for peeps

Have DH get cigars

Have twin make iPod playlist

Quote:

There are a few ways to get banned. Here's the thread:
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...-banned-32834/

Quote:
O

I think thats a great price. $3100 for 2 people including airfare! Wow.

I know you can get banned for asking people to email you attachment b/c you dont have enough points to download them. There is a whole rules section in the introduction section of the forum. Usually you get banned for 1 or 2 weeks for most things. I think they can do an ultimate ban to - but you'd probably have to spam or push sales on to people to get the lifetime ban.

Helllooo! I second guessed even after I booked at Azul. I think its natural to second guess - especially if you have an issue with your WCs or prices go down at the other resort, etc!

What was your list of "needs" and "wants" in a resort? That might help you choose. I have not gone to a Dreams before, but love to research online! I would consider the reception and ceremony locations between the 2 places plus the extras you want and total cost if your budget if tight.

Thanks both for the info re: banning. I had no idea. (Especially re asking people to email attachments).

AmyB about our price I think it is great too - we're lucky! Of course, it's a lot more than that from different gateways so not ALL our guests get such a great deal - but most of them. It's amazing though how quickly people will complain about how expensive it is. It's frustrating when I've work sooo hard with my TA to try and get such an amazing resort at such a REASONABLE rate. Still, people will always complain about something right?!

Quote:
Taylorwd's To Do's

5. Order banner - DONE We already have it and it looks sooooo good! Way better than on the website! Just Married Custom Banner - ShindigZ
LOVE LOVE the banner! cheer2.gif