Bikini Wax?

Spazz

Lizz,

It is not as bad as it sounds, at least the brazillian. The first time really does hurt more. But as your hairs get thinner they hurt less. I love it and personally would never ever shave again. oh and the butt region doesnt hurt at all! Hope this help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalsu View Post
Okay I got my first wax (and a Brazilian at that!) right before I left for my wedding. I also did the armpits. I got it on a Saturday and left on Sunday for Mexico, the wedding was the following Saturday. It did the blue wax. It was horrible. It basically left bloody holes that stayed for several days down there. The armpits weren't too irritated. Then it started growing back within about 5 days. I had to shave under my arms by Thursday and down there by Wednesday. I had more than 10 days growth under the arms and WAAAAY more down there.

When it started growing back in I had terrible ingrown hairs. I am very prone to these anyway but having them in your bikini line and having them EVERYWHERE is very different. I did everything they told me, exfoliate, use a calming lotion...... I used pumice cleanser, glycolic acid, hydrocortisone cream, neosporin, bikini zone. Basically everything I could find. I was so embarassed by the mess below I didn't even want to consumate the marriage on the honeymoon! A good friend of mine said she always had problems with ingrown hairs when waxing so now she gets laser hair removal. Way more painful process but no irritation after.

Moral of the story, don't try it right before your wedding and if you are prone to irritation and ingrown hairs, waxing is not going to improve that. And if you are a hairy sascquach like me, don't expect it to last weeks or even one week.
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. :) I hope you still got some action on the honeymoon. But I agree with the other poster who also cracked up. "Hairy sascquach". That so made me laugh! I'm totally right there with you. I'm getting a test wax everything in a few weeks (when I regain Sascquachness from my most recent shave job) and will inform everyone how it goes.......

My appointment is next Saturday. I'm doing a modified brazilian haha -- basically just the whole front. I'm a wimp, and as long as the majority is taken care of I will do the rest.

I am actually getting excited to try somethign new -- I'm a wax version, and usually prefer to shave (mostly beacuse I've been to scared lol)

BUT...since my appointment is next Saturday, when do you suggest I stop shaving and let it go? (I am dreading this...but I know I need to). I've heard not TOO long because it can be more painful, but I've also heard it needs to be long enough so that it doesn't grow back fast?

wow. so sorry you had such a bad experience. My first experience was terrible because the lady used regular wax and not the special wax used for brazillian. It hurst soo much and the lady left a lot of hairs all over the place. then I went to a different place where they used the blue hard wax and it was much better. I also have a loootttt of hair down there and it usually takes 3 weeks to start showing. by the fourth week i already have to go back. the lady im going to now uses sugar wax which is the bestt for me. it hurts less and leave less ingrown hair. If you ladies have the chance, get a brazillian in a threading salon. they use the wax and then if you have ingrown hairs they make sure they remove it by using thread. my lady is great! i have been waxing non stop for over a year and i have to say that it hurts soo much less then the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess_08 View Post
My appointment is next Saturday. I'm doing a modified brazilian haha -- basically just the whole front. I'm a wimp, and as long as the majority is taken care of I will do the rest.
I am actually getting excited to try somethign new -- I'm a wax version, and usually prefer to shave (mostly beacuse I've been to scared lol)

BUT...since my appointment is next Saturday, when do you suggest I stop shaving and let it go? (I am dreading this...but I know I need to). I've heard not TOO long because it can be more painful, but I've also heard it needs to be long enough so that it doesn't grow back fast?
You have to let it grow at least 1-2 weeks.. That's the part that stinks!! Just keep talking during your session and don't think about what she's doing and you'll be fine!! it's SO worth the small amount of pain.. hee hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess_08 View Post

You may want to wait. I was told 3-4 weeks. Here is the place I go, they have an informative video that explains things: http:// www.bikiniwaxing.com that may be helpful. It has to be long enough so they can pull all of the hair. I guess it all grows in separately and if you don't "grow it out" enough you run the risk of only getting some of the hairs but others won't be waxed.
GOOD LUCK!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

SO! I just got back from my first brazilian wax -- well it was a modified one (only the front) and it was just as brutal as I imagined. haha, I'm a baby though -- but I give you girls major credit who get that done all the time. I took tylenol before I went, but it was still SO painful during. Afterwards I was fine, no pain, no redness no bumps -- but the during was it for me!

I'm sure the benefits will be worth it - but I won't be doing it again! lol

Sungoddess I think if you were to ever try it again it won't hurt as much. I've been doing it for about 4 years now and it usually doesn't hurt anymore. I'm usually talking and laughing with the lady who does mine. At times it may hurt on an off day if my skin is sensitive but for the most part over time the pain fades.

Three months ago I got my first Brazilian so that I could be used to it and it not be terrible when I did it a couple days before my wedding and honeymoon. I will never go back to shaving after that. They definitely made a believer out of me.

I'm not usually too comfortable having people down in that region and I'm a huge baby with pain but it really wasn't as bad as I expected. Sure the pain was terrible(the first time, each time is easier and easier) but that was only because I was tense and it was pretty bad down there. I didn't see what the big deal was, FI(now hubby) tried to explain why guys like it to me once but I think that ended up becoming some sort of feminist rant at some point. Oops. But now I get it, I am so much more comfortable not to mention how much he likes it and bikini season is so much easier haha.

Just make sure you find a good place to do it. Regular wax is not a good idea. The place I go to is GREAT, they use these black/purple wax beads that don't stick to the skin(I've heard of that happening a lot at other places, ouch) plus they have an amazing skin care line for relatively cheap that have kept the ingrown hairs at bay. And the person waxing you should take as much time as YOU need. Let them know if you need a break. Also, my rule is to take two Excedrin before I go in, it helps a ton not only with the pain but but it also helps you to not be expecting it to hurt. Being tense makes it hurt more.

pw.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina24 View Post
thanks for the info, definately sounds better than waxing!! the lady i got to uses the hard wax, which i thought would be the same as sugaring, but it's not at all. do they use the paste or gel on you?

Its like taffy. Its the easiest way to explain it. She constantly keeps the "taffy" (sugar mixture) moving in her hand. They reuse until it becomes dull and then start a new "taffy". No strips. just the mixture.

Does that make sense?