Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
Let me clarify this, after reading what Amy & Wendy mentioned. I never tried to order a glass or wine or champagne. I tried ordering a mixed drink so maybe there's a difference? I also tried this the first day I got there and once I got rejected I never tried it again. smile35.gif
Ha. Thanks ladies. Now I know how to order drinks :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
Ok ladies I am one step closer! My TA is in chats with Tiffany and the resort to book my date in stone and get my group rate/block done!
In the meantime, I typed out my ENTIRE budget last night and was A TON over so started making cuts only to get super depressed then cried to MY FI to which he reminded me that it really doesn't matter because we are going to have the best time no matter what. The funniest part is while making cuts with both decided we CANNOT cut the Mexican Donkey Cocktail Party. The Donkey seems to be the one keeping us sane when stress kicks in. I think of getting a beer from the donkey and suddenly everything is ok!
Good News is budget is now back under a mangeable amount and next stop get this resort BOOKED!!! YAH!
In GOOD NEWS I got an email confirmation for my appt at J. Crew Wedding Boutique in NYC. I will be up there for business in July so I am going to MY FIRST offical Dress outing to see what they have. Up till now it's been all on the internet!
We went over our budget... Not bc we have everything but it's bc everything is a lot more expensive than we thought. We made some hard choices but never compromise what is important to us. These ladies really help me making some great choices. cheer2.gif

You might want to check the donkey part for your donkey cocktail party. I was told that the donkey is no longer allow in the resort... I know some people had the donkey present but now sure if they have changed the rule since then.

How exciting about the 1st dress fitting. Hope you find what you are looking for!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Oooooh fun!!! I would love to have gone dress shopping in NYC!

I have a friend who just got her dress from Kleinfeld's. She went in expecting the appointment to go horribly awry and was more going b/c the place is so famous. She never dreamed she'd get a dress that day. I'm so jealous she got to go there! I just want the experience of it.
I LOVE SAY YES TO THE DRESS!!! My FI can't stop watching it with me. The show is addictive :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 View Post
That's the million dollar question...I'll have to e-mail the company and find out. They also sell it in 100 yard rolls...I'm hoping that since it's such a light fabric, it won't be too heavy or bulky.

I just don't understand the cost they charge ($300? Really?!) for such a relatively small amount of fabric. You'd think it was lined in gold or something!
I have to ask my WC about the exact size of gazebo. I might have to make a trip to Ikea. I know.. the price of the fabric is ridiculous. I even got more upset when I found out that some brides got it for $75 per sheet and then LOMAS changed the price to $150 per sheet.

Chong

Quote:
I love how the donkey is there but you guys are busy doing other things...LOL I love the one with donkey and I am going to guess is the handler or the donkey had too much to drink and is getting arrested by authorities
LOL! Donkey handler indeed and his Mexican Cowboy wrangler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
I'm glad to hear this! I was avoiding getting a signature drink because of the cost, but I will wait till I get there and ask for it then.

They told me that there are some ingredients in the drinks that aren't included in the open bar. I haven't responded to ask what ingredients in a lemon drop aren't included since it's only vodka and lemonade! I printed the list of things that are included so I may come up with a drink from that list or I may just wait until we get there. I don't think it's that big a deal to argue with the WC about it but I do think it's really stupid that they would even say you would have to pay for drinks at an open bar that's at an all inclusive resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniepps View Post
They told me that there are some ingredients in the drinks that aren't included in the open bar. I haven't responded to ask what ingredients in a lemon drop aren't included since it's only vodka and lemonade! I printed the list of things that are included so I may come up with a drink from that list or I may just wait until we get there. I don't think it's that big a deal to argue with the WC about it but I do think it's really stupid that they would even say you would have to pay for drinks at an open bar that's at an all inclusive resort!
I wouldn't worry about this at all. Just bring the recipe with you and ask the coordinators to arrange a signature drink tasting onsite and they will more than accommodate you, I'm positive of this :)

Just checking in - too many questions to try to answer!

We did the same thing re: champagne at Azul Beach - my sister is awesome and frugal and was like, well, I could pay to order a bottle of champange or I could just order 6 separate glasses for free - so we had that and some fruit when I was getting ready.

RE: the veil. I actually rolled on into David's Bridal about a week before we left and got the veil - I just wanted an ivory, chapel length veil with a small finished edge (and refused to pay $250+ for it). You normally buy off the rack if they are in stock - so that was something I left for the very end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post
Good news - JUST found out we officially have our ceremony and reception. I sent in our deposit and we are officially getting married at AS!!!!smile72.gif
so excited!

We put down the 10 deposits this week to hold a group rate with our TA and then people only have about a month to join the group at the held rate. I better get on STDs real fast. We're planning to do email STDs and then traditional invitations (for the time factor mainly).
Congratulations!!! Official :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
2nd dress fitting?!?! Really? Am I like so behind? I've had my dress since January but havent done a fitting yet. Can someone advise me on timeline?

Also, I guess I should find my shoes pretty soon so I can be sure that when i do get fitted that my dress isn't too short.

Any of you ladies wearng a veil? What's my timeline on ordering one of those? My dress is lace and I might have enough fabric removed after my firts fitting to get one made...hmm...wonder how much that will cost.
My dress is being made from the scratch :) I was fortunate enough to find a designer who was willing to work with my budget. I will have multiple fittings...

Quote:
Here is our sweetheart table... I know it's blurry but it's the only one I have that's a non-pro pic. I don't have the images on a disk yet
Click the image to open in full size.

Here's my veil which is a tulle cage veil. I had it made and my hair dresser pinned it to my head perfectly: (Excuse these pictures and my face, they just showed my veil)

Here's my fascinator custom made with a vintage brooch. My photog has the best picture of it:

Oh hey found some pictures of DH and I with the donkey wink.gif
I LOVE your veil & the brooch. I am looking for a veil & a hair piece to go with it. Where did you get it? From Etsy?

Ohhh... donkey is so cute. My FI is totally not excited about the donkey. Hence no donkey cocktail hr sad.gif

Chong

For those of you going back and forth about the signature drink, I am doing my ceremony on the Sky Deck and it the service includes one signature drink.

Also, I have qualified for the free cocktail hour (so says my TA anyway). Tiffany originally told me that I didn't but apparently my TA worked it out. We'll see when I get my detail sheet though. Anyway, the cocktail reception includes wine, beer, soft drinks and a signature cocktail. Looks like we'll behaving two!

Hopefully that helps some of you. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
I would do it for that price savings! And if your Mom volunteered, let her work her magic! Just bring a couple spares and some tape & scissors in case you need to do any fixes. I cant wait to see this! You should defo post a thread in DIY for other brides too. Such a great cost savings.

Good point Amy, thanks. I will do that. I wanted to post the pics for you guys to see what you think, but Sprint is doing some kind of maintenance with picture mail I guess. I'll have to go to her house and take pics myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
Thanks Renee. I was very happy with that decision too!

It was this one I bought later:
B/c I decided I did not like this one anymore:

Always trust your gut - my friends loved this dress on me but 6 months later I still had doubts and bought the new one. Which I loved!!

No offense Amy, but I definitely think you made a good choice. I do like the 2nd one better. What did you do with the 1st dress? I'm kinda having the same delimma but it's not because I don't like my dress or the way it looks on me. I just fell in love with 2 dresses.

Casa Blanca Bridal :: Collections
(the one I didn't get)

Eugenia Couture
(couldn't just paste the pic, but it's the one all the way @ the bottom right)

Quote:
Thank you so much! :)

Can't wait to see your boxes! Once I see a picture I'll have a better idea of suggestions on packing. I say it can absolutelly be figured it so it works cheer2.gif

Man, FI would NOT let me book Zoetry but 50% off?! DO it girl! I'm positive it will be an unbelievable experience!

LOVED my cigar bar! I originally got it for FI as a part of the wedding I knew he'd love. Everyone got down on the cigars and people were still looking for them after they left and asking me if I had any leftover after the wedding. I honestly only knew a few of us would smoke them but people really got into it. The experience was really cool and you get to pick $200 worth of cigars from the cataloge they have that FI picked once at the resort. I bought cigar togo bags not realizing they come individually packaged in a hard plastic case inside a cigar box. I didn't even use the to go baggies.

I think it was well worth it, great photos, great experience, everyone was really impressed and people smoked cigars who don't even smoke anything in general.
We'll have to see about Zoetry. That's all wishful thinking. I'm still getting flack about why our wedding budget keeps increasing! Thanks for the info about the cigar bar. I guess the budget just increased $600!! smile41.gif

Quote:
Ok ladies I am one step closer! My TA is in chats with Tiffany and the resort to book my date in stone and get my group rate/block done!
In the meantime, I typed out my ENTIRE budget last night and was A TON over so started making cuts only to get super depressed then cried to MY FI to which he reminded me that it really doesn't matter because we are going to have the best time no matter what. The funniest part is while making cuts with both decided we CANNOT cut the Mexican Donkey Cocktail Party. The Donkey seems to be the one keeping us sane when stress kicks in. I think of getting a beer from the donkey and suddenly everything is ok!
Good News is budget is now back under a mangeable amount and next stop get this resort BOOKED!!! YAH!
In GOOD NEWS I got an email confirmation for my appt at J. Crew Wedding Boutique in NYC. I will be up there for business in July so I am going to MY FIRST offical Dress outing to see what they have. Up till now it's been all on the internet!
Budget is a concern of FI's too. I say, if you do it right you'll only do it once so....

J. Crew, that's exciting! I wanted to do the whole NYC thing too but knew that I would have to pay for people to come with me. So, I just went to Atlanta. I'm sure it's not as exciting as NYC. Hope you find what you're looking for!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post
Celina, would love to know how this works out for you, with cost; fitting in suitcase etc. as I'll probably consider the same.

Thanks so much amyb. Slowly but surely, I'll figure out this forum. smile35.gif

Good news - JUST found out we officially have our ceremony and reception. I sent in our deposit and we are officially getting married at AS!!!!smile72.gif
so excited!

We put down the 10 deposits this week to hold a group rate with our TA and then people only have about a month to join the group at the held rate. I better get on STDs real fast. We're planning to do email STDs and then traditional invitations (for the time factor mainly).
Congrats!! cheer2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
No offense Amy, but I definitely think you made a good choice. I do like the 2nd one better. What did you do with the 1st dress? I'm kinda having the same delimma but it's not because I don't like my dress or the way it looks on me. I just fell in love with 2 dresses.

Casa Blanca Bridal :: Collections
(the one I didn't get)

Eugenia Couture
(couldn't just paste the pic, but it's the one all the way @ the bottom right)
Ooooh both very pretty!!! I can see why you had trouble deciding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
I LOVE SAY YES TO THE DRESS!!! My FI can't stop watching it with me. The show is addictive :)

Chong
Yeah, it's really addictive. I can't believe your FI watches it with you! Mine would have nothing to do with it. He still tolerates it though. Even though I'm married I just can't seem to stop watching certain shows!

Quote:

Oh hey found some pictures of DH and I with the donkey wink.gif
Now see, you got your donkey pictures wink.gif He really is a cutie! He was a major selling point for us, but once we realized we wouldn't get to enjoy b/c we'd be taking pictures, we scrapped him.