Dominican Republic Brides~ POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayG View Post
That is the very same location I want to do my wedding! I think it is beautiful.

The boat reception sounds neat! I think our party might be a bit small though...the package I am probably going with includes a 1 hour cocktail/finger food reception followed by buffet dinner. I think they do it at one of the restaurants overlooking the beach, so I hope it turns out nice!

How did you find out that the Beach BBQ and Wine Party are on Wednesday and Thursdays? Is there a place to view a schedule of all events?

I'm so excited! I feel like I am finally getting somewhere with my planning...and I am so glad that we picked the Paradisus.
Someone on another forum sent me pics of the BBQ and Wine beach parties and others say they have them weekly on those nights. I'm going to double check with Laikin though just to be sure...

If I can find the pics I'll post for you.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thanks for sharing all of the great information about Paradisus Punta Cana.... it is one of the resorts that I'm really interested in for our November 2008 wedding - just waiting for pricing from my TA. Is there anyway you still have the 2008 pricing for resort? If you could email it to me when you get a chance that would be wonderful! Keep all the good info coming!

Kelly

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :-)

We have just booked our wedding at The Melia Caribe Tropical report in Punta Cana! We're flying out on 18th July 08 and i believe we have to be residant in the country for 5 daye before we can get married so i have no idea when we will actually be getting married and who we book this with!!! we're still awaiting our package booklet from our ainline with all the wedding details in so i'm hoping it will tell us everything in there!

Has anyone been to this report or got married there? id love to hear your story or any advise re photograph and video packages/flowers and so on!

:) xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cait View Post
Hello :-)

We have just booked our wedding at The Melia Caribe Tropical report in Punta Cana! We're flying out on 18th July 08 and i believe we have to be residant in the country for 5 daye before we can get married so i have no idea when we will actually be getting married and who we book this with!!! we're still awaiting our package booklet from our ainline with all the wedding details in so i'm hoping it will tell us everything in there!

Has anyone been to this report or got married there? id love to hear your story or any advise re photograph and video packages/flowers and so on!

:) xxx
Hey there! Congrats!

You do NOT have to be a resident for any certain number of days in DR. We are arriving WEd and marrying Saturday (BTW -- you're leaving for DR on my bday!!).

I've spoken to a TON of brides who have been married there ... and it sounds beautiful. I've even heard good things about the resort photograph, adn seen lots of his pictures. Of course not as creative and time-intensive as the photogs we bring from here at home, but a good option nonetheless.

Check out the forums on Debbie's Dominican Republic Travel Pages - 1,000's of Resort Reviews, Tour, Scuba and Wedding Information because there is a multi-page thread othat discusses Melia Caribe in detail, with TONS of pictures and some great advice for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
Hey there! Congrats!

(BTW -- you're leaving for DR on my bday!!).
You're leaving on my birthday too!! HAHA!! July 18th baby! WOO!

Congrats! Definately check out Debbie's forum, I'm on there too and there's TONS of info on DR.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
I would get in touch with the hotel wedding planner yourself as soon as you can and ask what dates they have available or even if you have been allocated a date.

My boyfriend's sister (who is getting married at the Bahia Principe Punta Cana) was also given information about having to be in the country for five days before the wedding (not including weekends as well!!!) by her travel agent and she didn't know the actual date of her wedding. As time was getting closer we booked the first week she is there and after getting in touch the the wedding planner myself to ask the date of her wedding, we have found out that we will miss it by one day. We have also let her know when when her wedding is. Her travel agent hasn't really given her any information.

Hope this helps.
Valerie