Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie22 View Post
We wanted to keep everything in the same general area, ASP is very big and I did not want to have my guests walking all over the resort for the different parts of our wedding.
We did everything on the cove side and by the way there was not one kid out during my wedding! I think I saw 3 kids on the cove side the whole time I was there.

We had our ceremony at the Coba gazebo. I like the surroundings better then the other gazebo, it was just beautiful.

I had planned to have my cocktail hour on the pandero terrace until the day before the wedding. I changed it to the maraca terrace because it was just too hot to stand outside without some shade. I didn't want my guests or the food to melt. The cove side was much more quite in general then the spa side so I was very happy to have chosen all my events on that side.

And then dinner at the cove terrace. I loved all the locations!
Jackie, were your guests able to see you arrive on the horse and carriage? Ive heard that one gazebo makes it difficult for them to see you because of where it stops. Also, did you choose a package, if so, did the table decorations come with the package? Thanks!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks so much for all the good information Jackie. Your pictures are amazing, I cant wait to see the Del Sol photos. I am so interested in everything you have to say about the resort. I am glad you liked the cove side. Its the side I picked because of my little niece ,but I wasn't sure if I would have picked it otherwise. I am glad i did!

I showed my FI the pictures of the Dinner. They did an amazing job with presentation. How did you like the 3person band? Would you do it again? Spend the extra money on it?

I also am interested if you did the package. I recall you saying in a past pictures that you did add ons with the complementary package....Also, did anyone say anything about Del Sol being their? Who all came.

Congrats again! If you don't have time to respond I understand. I am sure your a busy lil bride =) I cant wait for your review

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelov321 View Post
Jackie, were your guests able to see you arrive on the horse and carriage? Ive heard that one gazebo makes it difficult for them to see you because of where it stops. Also, did you choose a package, if so, did the table decorations come with the package? Thanks!
That was a concern of mine too but it worked out fine, all my guests stood in the gazebo and watched me arrive and when I got closer they sat down before I arrived. Also Matt from Del Sol got the photo of me arriving and the videographer captured me arrived so thats what was important to me. But yes everyone said they could see me just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristiandJamie View Post
Jackie, congratulations and I really like your pictures. You look beautiful and I love your hair and makeup!
Thanks Fernando and his partner were really great. The power went out in my room while I was getting my hair and make up done, a brides worst nightmare. I though I was going to have to walk down the aisle with a high ponytail, lol. But they were so much fun and kept me calm while ASP fixed the problem. Everything worked out great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skadow View Post
Thanks so much for all the good information Jackie. Your pictures are amazing, I cant wait to see the Del Sol photos. I am so interested in everything you have to say about the resort. I am glad you liked the cove side. Its the side I picked because of my little niece ,but I wasn't sure if I would have picked it otherwise. I am glad i did! Loved the cove side, wouldn't have done it any other way!

I showed my FI the pictures of the Dinner. They did an amazing job with presentation. How did you like the 3person band? Would you do it again? Spend the extra money on it? The mexican trio was great my guests enjoyed them, they really set the mood for the rest of the wedding, I would def hire them again. We only used them for 1 hour.

I also am interested if you did the package. I recall you saying in a past pictures that you did add ons with the complementary package....Also, did anyone say anything about Del Sol being their? Who all came.I did do the complimentary package and just added on what I wanted. No problems getting Del Sol in, I just made sure to ad dthem to my guest list and o purchase their day passes.

Congrats again! If you don't have time to respond I understand. I am sure your a busy lil bride =) I cant wait for your review

Thanks so much for all the good information Jackie. Your pictures are amazing, I cant wait to see the Del Sol photos. I am so interested in everything you have to say about the resort. I am glad you liked the cove side. Its the side I picked because of my little niece ,but I wasn't sure if I would have picked it otherwise. I am glad i did! Loved the cove side, wouldn't have done it any other way!

I showed my FI the pictures of the Dinner. They did an amazing job with presentation. How did you like the 3person band? Would you do it again? Spend the extra money on it? The mexican trio was great my guests enjoyed them, they really set the mood for the rest of the wedding, I would def hire them again. We only used them for 1 hour.

I also am interested if you did the package. I recall you saying in a past pictures that you did add ons with the complementary package....Also, did anyone say anything about Del Sol being their? Who all came.I did do the complimentary package and just added on what I wanted. No problems getting Del Sol in, I just made sure to ad dthem to my guest list and o purchase their day passes.

We also ended up using the Cove side for my daughters wedding May 20, 2010. We had the ceremony and the 1 hour cocktail/dancing in the Coba Gazebo. It was beautiful!

The resort did her hair and makeup for $86 dollars and she was so beautiful! Her hair was amazing!!

We also purchased the DVD and also video of ceremony and cocktail hour. Their first dance (a rhumba to

Michael Bubles EVERYTHING) was fantastic!

We did the sapphire package and added a harpest, cocktail hour, sound system for dancing, extra flowers for ceremony, extra hour of videogrher for cocktail/dancing hour. We also used the horsedrawn carraiage after the ceremony instead of before. They choose the 3 tier blue and white fondant cake with fruit filling and it was very pretty and very good. Dinner was at ElGreco, filet mignon and shrimp. Excellant!!

Like I said before the resort photographer we had was amazing. We asked Yazmin for the best and that is what we got.

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...1AZNGbNm5Zs3LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieswedding View Post
It was beautiful!
The resort did her hair and makeup for $86 dollars and she was so beautiful! Her hair was amazing!!
]
Thats really helpfull to hear your daughter had her hair done at the spa. I was a little worried about getting mine done their because of what other brides had said. Some comunication problems. However your daughters hair and makeup looks great! Did she bring the photos? Supply her own makeup?