Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post
Hi All,
I'm a newbie around here. I've actually been lurking on this and a couple other threads for a few weeks now since we got engaged as we try and select a resort for our wedding in the Mayan in May/June 2011. I have read this thread I believe from start to finish (it took a looong time). :-)

I think we've narrowed it down to the Azul Sensatori with a back up option in case the prices are out of our range of possibilities. We're just waiting for the pricing confirmation and confirmation of a wedding date. I'm so excited I can't stand it.

One question for you AS brides. Does anyone know if their is any kind of separate pricing for the Private Reception for children? I know that lots of resorts offer a 2 for 1 or children under 12 are free but I haven't been able to find any details about that for the AS yet.

Thanks in advance, and here's hoping I officially become an AS bride soon!
Congrats on becoming engaged and welcome4.gif to the forum/thread regardless of what you choose!!

I don't have an answer to your question, I'm sure one of us does!

Quote:
Hi
One question for you AS brides. Does anyone know if their is any kind of separate pricing for the Private Reception for children? I know that lots of resorts offer a 2 for 1 or children under 12 are free but I haven't been able to
welcome4.gif !!!!

For Private Receptions, children are free if they eat off the kids menu. If they eat what you're getting for the adults, you pay half price.

Thanks for the welcomes (and in info re: kids) I'm looking forward to getting to "know" all of you. Having read your threads it seems like this is a really great group of women who are so helpful to one another and have had some GORGEOUS weddings.

Quote:
Thanks for the welcomes (and in info re: kids) I'm looking forward to getting to "know" all of you. Having read your threads it seems like this is a really great group of women who are so helpful to one another and have had some GORGEOUS weddings.
WELCOME!!!! I am about to confirm my date with AS as well! I have been research for 3 months. These ladies are the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post

I wonder if you had the same lady we did. DH said she was really nice before the ceremony and calming. She read our ceremony perfectly and even edited some parts wher I had grammatical errors. I'll post my ceremony script later for anyone who is interested.

Welcome back! Sorry I have been MIA. Life's been crazy but so glad to hear that everything worked out for you! I can't wait to hear more and see your pics! I can't believe that you have to wait so long for them. I would go crazy!!!

I would love it if you post your script. That's one of my next big to-do's and I am at a total loss on where to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach View Post
Quote:

We were offered that same incentive for booking by using destinationsweddings.com by December 2010. Just FYI.............
Interesting...I booked through DW.com but my WC said it is not offered to me. I am getting 20% off the private reception, cocktail hour and cake. In addition to the "bride and groom stay free package" I put that in quotes bc we arent really staying for free. We basically get a refund after the fact from DW.com for the lowest level room and the minimum number of nights stayed...so about $900 back. Not free but I guess I will take what I can get.

I am gonnna go back and ask my TA about the free cocktail party though. Maybe she can work something out. :) Fingers crossed.

Amy (B) forgot to ask you...how did you like your DJ? Did you use the one offered by Lomas? Was it worth it?

We def are big dancers as are our friends but as we are trying to cut a little from everywhere on budget, we haven't decided about the DJ.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post
Amy (B) forgot to ask you...how did you like your DJ? Did you use the one offered by Lomas? Was it worth it?

We def are big dancers as are our friends but as we are trying to cut a little from everywhere on budget, we haven't decided about the DJ.

Thanks in advance!
My DJ was awesome. Everyone raved about him. Here is the list of songs I sent them ahead of time. They added some others here and there. I wish I would have given some sample songs for the dinner too. There was some cheesey-ish music that I didn't like - but then he brought out "Thats Amore" and the tables were singing during the main courses! The DJ helped b/c he had a smoke machine, lights, baloons, and glow sticks. So if you do it yourself, I would maybe bring some props with you.

Here is where I would have saved if I did it over again: removed the cocktail party (could have just gone to the pool bar - no one ate the food), gone with house/free wine, limited flowers, plus I used their white tablecloths/napkins for free and add runners on tables ($5-$7 per runner). I personally would not like to remove the DJ unless I had someone who would watch the music for me. The wedding on Thurs before mine they did their own music and they all had a blast - so its good either way I think!

Here are the songs for our reception. I have burned a CD in case the DJ needs them. Note they are in iTunes' file format, not mp3. Just want to make sure
the DJ can play that file type.

Bride and Groom Entrance: Best Friend by Weezer - start at 0:34
First Dance: This Kind of Love by Sister Hazel
Father Daughter: Wild World by Cat Stevens
Mother Son: Forever Young by Alphaville

For music choices, during dinner we like slower music, but upbeat. For dancing music, we like newer stuff like Lady Gaga and The Black Eye Peas. Here are some songs we like below.
I've added some oldies type music at the bottom. Thanks!

Some song choices are:
I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas
No One by Alicia Keys
Fire Burning by Sean Kingston
Dangerous by Akon
Single Ladies by Beyonce
Evacuate the Dance Floor by Cascada
Disturbia by Rhianna
So What by Pink
Good Girls Go Bad by Cobra Starship
Whatever you Like by TI
I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry
Come Away With Me by Norah Jones
Down Under by Men at Work
Your Song by Elton John
Make you Feel My Love by ADELE
Breathless by Corrine Bailey Rae
Sail Away by David Gray
Low by Flo Rida
Right Round by Flo Rida
Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus

And oldies like:
Take a Chance on Me
Give It Up
I Got you Babe
Build me Up Buttercup
Life is Rollercoaster
(I cant Get No) Satisfaction
Brown Eyed Girl

That should be enough for the DJ to get an idea of what we like.

Quote:
I think we've narrowed it down to the Azul Sensatori with a back up option in case the prices are out of our range of possibilities. We're just waiting for the pricing confirmation and confirmation of a wedding date. I'm so excited I can't stand it.

One question for you AS brides. Does anyone know if their is any kind of separate pricing for the Private Reception for children? I know that lots of resorts offer a 2 for 1 or children under 12 are free but I haven't been able to find any details about that for the AS yet.

Thanks in advance, and here's hoping I officially become an AS bride soon!
Welcome and congrats on narrowing it all down - very exciting time indeed!

You know, I ordered our kids nuggets and fries, but I think they might have given her the surf & turf. I remember her eating it but maybe it was her mom's plate! Haha, anyways, yes kids menu is free like Wendy said!

Good luck in your beginnings phase :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post
My DJ was awesome. Everyone raved about him. Here is the list of songs I sent them ahead of time. They added some others here and there. I wish I would have given some sample songs for the dinner too. There was some cheesey-ish music that I didn't like - but then he brought out "Thats Amore" and the tables were singing during the main courses! The DJ helped b/c he had a smoke machine, lights, baloons, and glow sticks. So if you do it yourself, I would maybe bring some props with you.

Here is where I would have saved if I did it over again: removed the cocktail party (could have just gone to the pool bar - no one ate the food), gone with house/free wine, limited flowers, plus I used their white tablecloths/napkins for free and add runners on tables ($5-$7 per runner). I personally would not like to remove the DJ unless I had someone who would watch the music for me. The wedding on Thurs before mine they did their own music and they all had a blast - so its good either way I think!

Here are the songs for our reception. I have burned a CD in case the DJ needs them. Note they are in iTunes' file format, not mp3. Just want to make sure
the DJ can play that file type.

Bride and Groom Entrance: Best Friend by Weezer - start at 0:34
First Dance: This Kind of Love by Sister Hazel
Father Daughter: Wild World by Cat Stevens
Mother Son: Forever Young by Alphaville

For music choices, during dinner we like slower music, but upbeat. For dancing music, we like newer stuff like Lady Gaga and The Black Eye Peas. Here are some songs we like below.
I've added some oldies type music at the bottom. Thanks!

Some song choices are:
I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas
No One by Alicia Keys
Fire Burning by Sean Kingston
Dangerous by Akon
Single Ladies by Beyonce
Evacuate the Dance Floor by Cascada
Disturbia by Rhianna
So What by Pink
Good Girls Go Bad by Cobra Starship
Whatever you Like by TI
I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry
Come Away With Me by Norah Jones
Down Under by Men at Work
Your Song by Elton John
Make you Feel My Love by ADELE
Breathless by Corrine Bailey Rae
Sail Away by David Gray
Low by Flo Rida
Right Round by Flo Rida
Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus

And oldies like:
Take a Chance on Me
Give It Up
I Got you Babe
Build me Up Buttercup
Life is Rollercoaster
(I cant Get No) Satisfaction
Brown Eyed Girl

That should be enough for the DJ to get an idea of what we like.
This is amazing! Thank you for sharing!

I think we will prob go with the DJ so we don't have to burden anyone with the music responsibilty and I also really want some announcing to be done.

Please don't take this the wrong way but...the smoke machine and glo sticks, they didn't come off cheesy? I guess I just picture a rave in my head. :)

As far as the cocktail reception goes, I also thought that we could do away with it but mom and fiance are pretty adament. My mom is scared that if we don't have one some guests will linger by the bar too long or make a pit stop at thier rooms and miss our "entrance" as Mr & Mrs into the reception. (Wow, Mr and Mrs...i got the chills just typing that. That's the first time that happened to me.)

Plus I think we are leaning towards the set menu of surf and turf so we wanted to do a cocktail party so guests would have some food variety. We orginally were going to go with the italian family style but with a cocktail reception and cake that makes 7 courses and no way guests are going to eat all that. Seems crazy to me to have that much food (and pay for that much food) at an all-inclusive where food is already included. You know?

I think you may have mentioned this before...did you add a salad to your meals? Do you know how much that was per person?

Alright enough about me! I also wanted to tell you that I love your song choices! I didn't even think of Cta Stevens but what a good choice. Funny story, that song plays A LOT on the oldies station here in LA and everytime I've heard it for the past 5 or so years I got really choked up but didn't know why. Somehow or another I was talking to my mom about that and she said that she used to sing me that song to put me to sleep when I was a baby. Now that I have a little one ofmy own...makes it mean even more.