ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexibride View Post

Also for all the brides who are worried about getting family from The Gran to The Royal for the wedding - DONT worry at all. All of our guests came over with no issue and we had 4 kids with us too. In addition to that, I stayed at The Gran for the first part of our trip and when we walked over to The Royal, nobody even stopped us once. Apparently if you're a guest of The Gran, you can go eat at Royal restaurants, but you have to pay 50%. So, some of our guests w/out kids who stayed at The Gran wanted to check out The Royal and just walked around freely with no issue at all!
it's true. we stayed at both places and went back and forth all the time (the beach is nicer in front of the royal).

all of the beaches in mexico are technically public. you could walk the shore from playa to cancun if you wanted to! so they can't have any say over who is on their beach or when they show up...

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
it's true. we stayed at both places and went back and forth all the time (the beach is nicer in front of the royal).

all of the beaches in mexico are technically public. you could walk the shore from playa to cancun if you wanted to! so they can't have any say over who is on their beach or when they show up...
Our guests only got stopped at the Royal front entrance because 2 of them were not wearing pants, they had shorts on. If they are eating at the royal I guess they need to wear pants (almost all of the restaurants are like that). We just had to get special permission or have them change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexibride View Post
I'm back!!!! We had a wonderful wedding and a great day too! Yay for no rain on the 15th! Sorry to anyone else who did have rain - we saw many brides who got rained out boo! I finally got on here - I've had to catch up at work before I could do anything remotely fun. Our wedding was great - some bumps in the road but I'll do a review hopefully later on tonight (American Idol finale is tonight, so we'll see how far I get).

Bridetobe1515 - I think that you were in the chair right next to me getting your hair done for the wedding!! I was a bit too shy to ask embarrest.gif in fact I think your wedding was right before mine in the gazebo (right?) my wedding coordinator was saying how they had to get all the blue petals up before we got there, LOL!!

Also I don't know which one of you guys it was, but I could swear that there was someone waving and yelling during our ceremonyhuh.gif Was one of you in a balcony room near the gazebo?? I told my husband (lol...I love typing that) that maybe it was one of my online buddies!

Here's a montage that my photographer made so you guys can get a sneak peak at our welcome dinner (at Alux), wedding and trash the dress.

animoto - Jessica & Brian's Wedding
OMG, that was you!!! I was so angry because they totally did not do my hair how I wanted it. I told her I didn't like it and she looked at me like I had one eye. She did the makeup well, but I was so sad about my hair. Once I got out of the chair I decided to not care or else it would ruin my day. Not to mention I didn't figure out until the middle of the reception that I forgot to put my veil on!!! How does that even happen huh.gif I was in such a rush and worried about everyone else that I totally forgot.
Yes, sorry about the blue petals frown.gif I didn't even think about the wedding after ours! Oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post

SO another question, I heard today that you now have to be a high room catagory to eat at chefs plate... wtf?! This wasn't the case when I made my reservation! Are they going to honor that?!
AH, yes I forgot to mention this in the review!!! So you need to be a beachfront walkout or higher. The reason everyone booked oceanview was for that chef's plate!! Unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridetobe1515 View Post
OMG, that was you!!! I was so angry because they totally did not do my hair how I wanted it. I told her I didn't like it and she looked at me like I had one eye. She did the makeup well, but I was so sad about my hair. Once I got out of the chair I decided to not care or else it would ruin my day. Not to mention I didn't figure out until the middle of the reception that I forgot to put my veil on!!! How does that even happen huh.gif I was in such a rush and worried about everyone else that I totally forgot.
Yes, sorry about the blue petals frown.gif I didn't even think about the wedding after ours! Oops.

Ahhhh I'm sorry you didn't like your hair. sad.gif Did you take her a picture to go off of? At least you composed yourself and decided to have a good attitude about it. I'm going to use you as my motivation if something doesn't go as planned on my wedding day. I loved the quote though "she looked at me like I had one eye."

Question for anyone who had the tres leches cake....how did it go when you were feeding each other? I just want that for pictures, but I imagine it might be messier (not that that matters) than the normal cake? I just want to be sure I'll be able to grab a piece b/c he's totally getting a mouthful.

Just have to vent.. my fiance's company just got the call they have to go out with BP for oil clean up.. the oil has definitely made it to the coast where I live.. the depressing part... he can't come home until the two days before we leave for Mexico!! Guess I have to do the rest all on my own sad.gif But it is for a good cause so I guess I can suck it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duprk452 View Post
Just have to vent.. my fiance's company just got the call they have to go out with BP for oil clean up.. the oil has definitely made it to the coast where I live.. the depressing part... he can't come home until the two days before we leave for Mexico!! Guess I have to do the rest all on my own sad.gif But it is for a good cause so I guess I can suck it up.
Yes, definitely for a good cause and thank him for us for doing so. I hate when FI is out of town (i even made a thread about it the last time because i turn into a sap when he's gone)

Wow I missed so much I feel like in a day lol

By the way we tried the tres leches cake in our tasting and it was amazing

Can't wait to see all the pics and hear from everyone who just got back :)

YAY tomorrow is Diane's day :)

it seems to me that with everything in regards to the upgraded room, guests coming over from the gran to the royal and the chef's plate depend on how busy the resort is and who you get

It just seems like none of us ever get the same answer so I think that you just have to try and see when you get down there. Maybe guests wo call to reserve the chef's plate won't get asked anything and they will just allow it if they are not booked that night. If they are booked they probably save it for the higher rooms.

Its unfortunate that none of us cn ever get a straight answer sad.gif but at least we all know no matter what everyone has a wonderful wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
Yes, definitely for a good cause and thank him for us for doing so. I hate when FI is out of town (i even made a thread about it the last time because i turn into a sap when he's gone)
Me too. He's gone a lot for work, but it just sucks that he'll be gone for three weeks this time AND right before we leave. Clean up efforts here will be going on for a long time. It is a huge mess. I will definitely tell him, I know he'll appreciate it.
On another note.. those of you who were married there and have NOT been married before, did y'all need a certified copy of your birth certificate? I'm worried that he won't be home in time to get one. sad.gif

Ok sorry to be a pain... former Royal brides and peeps who have stayed there....

How strict are they on the pants at dinner? Can they be jeans? Or do they have to be dress pants?

Also, it says no sandals... I bought all these cute sandals to wear with my dresses, so can you wear sandals if they aren't "flip flops"? Also, could a guy get away with like leather slides? Where just the tips of the toes show? I don't want FI to have to wear dress shoes everynight...

K thanks!