Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Wendy & Amy, you're right... I'm gonna suppress my control freak nature and show show up looking pretty and ready to party. I just got the invite in the mail today, it's so damn cute and it's a cocktail reception which is PERFECT, exactly what I would have done.

AHR - At home reception reception

Wendy - What's DH stand for.... something husband? Destination husband, LOL!

AmyB - 54 HOURS, OMG you must be tingling with adrenaline and exhausted at the same time... that's how I felt :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I had heard past brides rave about the Hazelnut flavored cake (which isn't a listed option) and so I just emailed my WC and told her what size cake I wanted and that I wanted hazelnut with fresh strawberries and she said ok and put it on my details sheet.

I found that asking if something is ok doesn't get you anywhere. So I just told her what I wanted and didn't really get turned down.

I second that!! I don't ask anymore for stuff I really want....I just tell her I want it!

Hi Ladies,

Gonna post for some inspiration/motivation....

I have not been doing anything lately. Kinda depressed actually because someone I know is in her last stages of life. crybaby2.gifHer health has declined quickly and it kinda caught me by surprise. She's not related to me or anything, but I highly respect and admire her. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but because of that I've kinda lost the pep in my step! Naturally I got on the to-do-list band wagon as soon as Amy F "graduated" from doing it, lol. But I can say it really helped. I actually completed every task on my list at the time besides buying his ring and that's because the jeweler says his finger should be measured in the summer to account for swelling.

Anyway, my next big decision is invites but I have no clue what to put on/in them! I am leaning toward doing a boarding pass type invite, but I'll need to include a lot of info and adding pages will of course increase the price. So, then there's a pocketfold invite with inserts but I'm not sure what to include. Do we really need an RSVP? I'm sure it would be helpful to include info about the resort, airport transfers, TA, cocktail party, ceremony and reception info...am I missing anything? Sad part is some of that may change because my WC says that if my party goes above 50, we'll have to move from Plaza Zavaz (which is booked for both the party and reception). And go where is my question?

Plus I have FI's cousin helping me with things and she says it's not proper etiquette to not send invites to those who we know aren't coming (esp since on the STD it said "formal invitation to follow"). Ok, I get this, but am I crazy to think that if people were interested in coming we would know about it? I mean who plans to come to a DW and not ask questions or express interest to the bride/groom or TA for that matter? Not to mention the fact that we are now @ 47 people coming (2 groomsmen still haven't booked not sure if they're bringing dates) and we only budgeted for 50! girl_werewolf.gif So basically I'll be buying 125 invites to send to people who have already made up their minds not to come or will change their minds and come at the last minute (which won't help matters much). I feel like I'm at a standstill because everytime I inquire about guest list with my TA it has changed. Last time I checked in with her it was 37. 10 people booked in less than a month and after the rsvp date mind you.

OMG! As I'm typing this I get the call that the lady I was talking about just died. I guess all I just typed seems unimportant now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
Hi Ladies,

I have not been doing anything lately. Kinda depressed actually because someone I know is in her last stages of life. crybaby2.gifHer health has declined quickly and it kinda caught me by surprise. She's not related to me or anything, but I highly respect and admire her. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but because of that I've kinda lost the pep in my step! Naturally I got on the to-do-list band wagon as soon as Amy F "graduated" from doing it, lol. But I can say it really helped. I actually completed every task on my list at the time besides buying his ring and that's because the jeweler says his finger should be measured in the summer to account for swelling.

Anyway, my next big decision is invites but I have no clue what to put on/in them! I am leaning toward doing a boarding pass type invite, but I'll need to include a lot of info and adding pages will of course increase the price. So, then there's a pocketfold invite with inserts but I'm not sure what to include. Do we really need an RSVP? I'm sure it would be helpful to include info about the resort, airport transfers, TA, cocktail party, ceremony and reception info...am I missing anything? Sad part is some of that may change because my WC says that if my party goes above 50, we'll have to move from Plaza Zavaz (which is booked for both the party and reception). And go where is my question?

Plus I have FI's cousin helping me with things and she says it's not proper etiquette to not send invites to those who we know aren't coming (esp since on the STD it said "formal invitation to follow"). Ok, I get this, but am I crazy to think that if people were interested in coming we would know about it? I mean who plans to come to a DW and not ask questions or express interest to the bride/groom or TA for that matter? Not to mention the fact that we are now @ 47 people coming (2 groomsmen still haven't booked not sure if they're bringing dates) and we only budgeted for 50! girl_werewolf.gif So basically I'll be buying 125 invites to send to people who have already made up their minds not to come or will change their minds and come at the last minute (which won't help matters much). I feel like I'm at a standstill because everytime I inquire about guest list with my TA it has changed. Last time I checked in with her it was 37. 10 people booked in less than a month and after the rsvp date mind you.

OMG! As I'm typing this I get the call that the lady I was talking about just died. I guess all I just typed seems unimportant now.
I am sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you find some comfort that you got to know her (you still have her) and was able to inspire you and got a chance to be a good friend.

Now.. about the wedding. If it makes you feel any better, I am all over the place with my wedding plan. I thought I will be more organized and follow the check list but honestly I do things that comes to my mind at that time. So you are in MUCH better shape than I am :)

Wow.. 50 guests! That is really impressive. You should be happy about having an AWESOME wedding with so many close friends and family at the beautiful location. Something will work out for you. Just talk to your WC and TA and put pressure on both of them. I found my TA to be amazing at pushing buttons and working stuff in the background with the resort. I have made few complaints and my TA took care of it. Use the people who suppose to work out the details for you.

For invitations... I think you have to decide what's important. Amy's passport stuff is awesome. I wish I had the money to actually do it. But I am OK with not doing it. I don't think you need RSVP for people who already made the reservation. I refuse to spend money on something it's already taken care of.

I just read something on the BDT about the invitations... if you already know who is coming and who is not coming.. maybe you can consider sending out "announcements" rather than invitations. Saying.. we are getting married here... look for updates at our website or something like that. Or you can send it out after the wedding. I am still debating on what's to do with my invitation or announcement too. You are way ahead of me!!!

We are going this weekend to look at my FI's clothes and groomsmen clothes. We haven't even start looking at the ring yet. We might have to do that this weekend too.

I hope this helps! Hope you feel better. happy thoughts :)
Chong

Hey Meredith...sorry to hear about your friend. I actually just went to see a family friend yesterday in the hospital who is dying from pancreatic cancer, and it totally puts things into perspective.

About the invitations....I sent out save the dates almost 2 years in advance, and sent out my formal invites in February of this year. I did not send invites to people who had already told me they were not coming. I thought they might actually be a bit annoyed if I sent them a formal invite after they had already said no. I sent invites to people who had said yes or who had not responded/decided yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybermuda View Post

Thank you so much for all the info!!! You're the best!!!

Madlen

Has anyone put a menu on the table at the reception? I am having a family style dinner so I thought maybe one menu on the table for everyone to see rather than individual menu on the plate. Is this necessary?

Chong

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
Hi Ladies,

Sorry to hear about your friend. I know people always say this but at least she is not suffering or in pain anymore.

I'm having over 50 people at my wedding (54 to be exact) and the reception is in the Plaza Zavaz and no one has ever mentioned the group number being a problem.

I say DO NOT waste your money sending invitations to people who you know aren't coming. I've never heard any etiquette rules that say you have to send someone an invitation. Maybe instead of sending all the information in the invitation you can send a newsletter to everyone who booked with all information they need in it.

BTW I'm in New Orleans now! I love this place!!!!!

Girls - I am so excited I can barely breathe! ahhhhh!!!

Meredith, I am sorry to hear about your friend. Its nice that you have had someone in your life that you admire; I am sure she will follow you in spirit throughout your life.

RE your invites, I really think its bad to send invites to people who are not coming. Maybe ask a couple of the people who are not coming what they thinkhuh.gif Could you do that? Everyone is different so maybe your family & friends agree with your cousin and think its bad form? Also, I did not include any information regarding wedding locations except to say Azul Beach & beachfront wedding. Thats it. I have a welcome letter and a schedule for everyone when they arrive that have the locations on them. You dont need to tell people beofre they arrive where your reception is held.

Chong - I printed menu cards and am having them places at the settings. I got the idea from a bride on here - I have the 4 courses listed as "first date" "courtship" "marriage" and "honeymoon" - How freaking cute is that!!!!

Lastly, I got on the scale this morning, and yes I did have a couple bottles of wine between friends last night so I probably was a bit dehydrated but it said I hit my target wedding weight and lost 25 pounds!!!!! I am so excited!!!!! Probably will not step on the scale before I leave now and just keep this high note.

OK, going to the beach to work on my tan now. Tomorrow is a spa day and finish packing, leave Monday at 6am!!!! woo hooooooooooooooooo