DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

Have any of you recent brides gotten upgraded to the new tower once you arrived? We're just booking now and can upgrade on the second night, but it will be $800 MORE per person for 9 nights.

Just wondering if I should take my chances and hope to get a free upgrade since we've booked 13 rooms already......

Not one person in our group was upgraded. I even gave them my preferred card (you sign up for it online) and they are supposed to upgrade you if they have space. Several of my guests did this as well and out of the 50 of us, no one was upgraded for free.

That being said there is always the possibility for an upgrade, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen. My opinion is that it's your wedding and the preferred tower and rooms are totally worth the extra money. You only get married once at Dreams PV :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilmay View Post
Have any of you recent brides gotten upgraded to the new tower once you arrived? We're just booking now and can upgrade on the second night, but it will be $800 MORE per person for 9 nights.

Just wondering if I should take my chances and hope to get a free upgrade since we've booked 13 rooms already......

If possible I don't think I would chance getting an upgrade when you get there.

I am not sure if this is an option..but this is what we did.....since the upgrades are due to availability, we assigned the upgrades within our reserved block of rooms. So once we had an enough rooms booked to qualify we just used one of those rooms we originally put a deposit on for the upgrade. When it's time to give up the unbooked rooms the TA will just credit the deposit back to you or on your credit card. (Hope that made senses- kinda confusing how the upgrades and free nights work) Run it by your TA.

Hi guys,

I just emailed Dreams today to see if they would have an opening for my wedding at the Dreams Puerto Vallarta. We have a quote that expires in a week. In the mean time, I have given my guests a heads up that if all goes well, that we will need a $200 deposit to secure the rate. The package is from Calgary, Alberta from May 13-20, 2011 for a total of $1589 all inclusive. Is this price reasonable. I thought it was but our guests are complaining and I cannot tell if its because theyre used to last minute deals or if it really is higher. Should we wait, or secure the rate. I apologize if this is a repeat question (I know the wait vs book question is, but Im hoping to get comparison of quotes from any Calgary brides that went at that season).

Thank you all so much for any feedback. I really appreciate it. After being so excited about finally (almost!) setting a place and time only to have people complain about the price is a real downer...

Hi,

We had the same quote for staying for 1 week in the Preferred Tower and we thought it was a fantastic deal for our guests. We stayed in the Pr. Tower last year and we ended paying way more than that but it was well worth it. We strongly advised our guests to book asap so they can secure the rate and in doing so, if there are 10 rooms booked (double occpcy), then all 20 people would get that rate. The 200 deposit was required for this. If one person did not pay their 200 then the group deal would not hold.

A couple friends of ours just booked yesterday and I am not sure if they got a room in the regular tower or the PT but it cost them an addition 300 dollars more than the going rate, which in itself was probably more than the 1600 group quote.

Our TA gave us this:

We have some excellent group rates with WestJet Vacations. These rates are based on double

occupancy. If you are a single you may want to check with Jason & Jenn about sharing with another

single to avoid paying a single supplement.

If you were to stay in a deluxe room for one week departing from Vancouver on Nov 14th

the per person price inclusive of tax is currently: $1176.90.

If you choose to stay in a Preferred Junior Suite with Ocean view and jacuzzi the total cost

per person is $1592.22.

I hope this helps.

Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1984 View Post
Hi guys,

I just emailed Dreams today to see if they would have an opening for my wedding at the Dreams Puerto Vallarta. We have a quote that expires in a week. In the mean time, I have given my guests a heads up that if all goes well, that we will need a $200 deposit to secure the rate. The package is from Calgary, Alberta from May 13-20, 2011 for a total of $1589 all inclusive. Is this price reasonable. I thought it was but our guests are complaining and I cannot tell if its because theyre used to last minute deals or if it really is higher. Should we wait, or secure the rate. I apologize if this is a repeat question (I know the wait vs book question is, but Im hoping to get comparison of quotes from any Calgary brides that went at that season).

Thank you all so much for any feedback. I really appreciate it. After being so excited about finally (almost!) setting a place and time only to have people complain about the price is a real downer...

Don't count on upgrades girls as Aut said...Dreams is HORRIBLE about upgrades. They will probably randomly upgrade people but it is always in the same tower...and it is definitely really random.

IMO Preferred tower is worth the extra price