Hacienda Tres Rios Brides Post Here!

Ana, that's terrible and I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this stress. They should have never told you that the chapel would be open if it wasn't for sure! I do have very positive feedback from my site visit though and FI and I put a deposit down for our wedding.

We got to the resort around 9am and they had our room ready for us. The front desk also called Allibe and she came down to meet us and to walk us around the resort/describe the wedding areas. The resort is gorgeous and has a very relaxed/upscale feel. I loved that it's not the type of place where chairs are reserved with towels by 9am. I definitely felt that it's a place where our friends and family can spend time together.

The waiter service by the pool was great. There's a little make-shift bar set up down there and they didn't have the type of beer we asked for so one of the guys went to the main bar to get it for us. We gave him a nice tip and for the next two days, he made sure to keep some for us by the pool and would bring over 'dos cervezas' whenver we asked! The food was also spectacular. Allibe had the chefs put together a tasting for us while we were there and it was beyond expectation in taste and presentation. They did a great job, even suggesting wine pairings for each dish!!

While we were there, Luis was doing a 500 person wedding! Apparently the bride was the daughter of a prominent Mexican politician. The party went all night long and we saw the bridal party still up with a DJ by the pool at 8am! Luis was up with them the whole time to make sure things were running smoothly. I feel like, if they can pull that off, my 60 person affair should be easy!!!!

The beach...the sand is nice but the water is def brownish in front of the resort because of the mangroves. The rivers are gorgeous though and if you walk to the right of the resort for 5min you can swim in clear water so I don't think it's a deal breaker at all. We also went kayaking and it was really fun...just don't forget the mosquito repellent!

Allibe also had the florist come and she showed us rental options. I had arranged meetings with Ivan from DJ Doremixx and Fernando Fuentes from the Makeup Pros. They were both great as well.

SO...I'm obviously super excited about H3R. I can't believe there's a Riviera Maya resort that still has this kind of flexibility and only does 1 wedding per day.

I'll post my pictures when I get a few minutes. Please ask any questions you have.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eadon216 View Post
Yay! Glad you loved it. And I'm glad Allibe was so helpful. She's working on our contract right now. LOL your 60 person affair is massive compared to our 16!
LOL...Well, 60 is what we're hoping for. We're about to send out 65 Save the Dates so out of 130 guests we figure about half will actually come. People seem to be really excited about it but I'm sure some things will change when it's time to put down the credit card!!

Speaking of putting down the credit card, are you guys booking your block via H3R or are you using a TA? We were quoted pretty good rates from the resort with what seems to be a super cancellation policy but have previously been working with one of the BDW TAs. I'm still trying to figure out which method will be easier/cheaper for us and our guests.

That is awesome that your site visit went so well.. I am glad that Allibe was very helpful as well. She is the one working with me, and she seems to respond super quick, etc.. I am getting pretty excited too, as our guests are starting to book rooms! My future mother-in-law actually pays into H3R so, we are renting the condos thru her instead of thru H3R or TA. It ends up saving our guests tons of money, plus the time of year we are getting married in- is blacked out and only members can book then. So, it works out for all of us! wink.gif

What kind of food did you test? I am wondering what would be a good meal for our sit down supper after the wedding?

I have heard about the mosquitos and am looking into getting eco-friendly repellant and placing in our guests bags.

Did you find out what the symbolic ceremony fee all included?

Wings--how lucky that your FMIL has a share in H3R! We're still figuring out the best way to book but either way, the save the dates are going out by Monday :-)

We tasted 3 appetizers, 3 entrees and 3 desserts. I attached the menu. It was seriously delicious!!

As far as the ceremony goes, it seems like most of that is sort of sourced out to the vendors...the rental company for the chuppah, the florist, someone for speakers, etc.

I'm not sure if the officiant is included because we plan to bring our own.

The resort only provides white folding chairs for the ceremony and the chairs and round (108cm) tables for the reception. I think that the folding chairs look nice so unless you want something special, you can probably avoid having to pay extra for those.

As for cost, Allibe said that our fee for the ceremony would be whatever Luis told us so I'm definitely holding on to my email with the $350 quote!

I took pics of the food at the tasting and I promise to get some of the photos up by the end of the week.

Plate Menu.doc

I"m headed for a site visit for Mermorial Day weekend to figure out the chapel situation and hopefully do a food tasting also. Who did you set that up with?

We blocked a group of rooms for our guests. For the rest of the travel needs and when the group block is up we are using TA Dina who has been completely amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks1581 View Post
Wings--how lucky that your FMIL has a share in H3R! We're still figuring out the best way to book but either way, the save the dates are going out by Monday :-)

We tasted 3 appetizers, 3 entrees and 3 desserts. I attached the menu. It was seriously delicious!!

As far as the ceremony goes, it seems like most of that is sort of sourced out to the vendors...the rental company for the chuppah, the florist, someone for speakers, etc.
I'm not sure if the officiant is included because we plan to bring our own.
The resort only provides white folding chairs for the ceremony and the chairs and round (108cm) tables for the reception. I think that the folding chairs look nice so unless you want something special, you can probably avoid having to pay extra for those.
As for cost, Allibe said that our fee for the ceremony would be whatever Luis told us so I'm definitely holding on to my email with the $350 quote!

I took pics of the food at the tasting and I promise to get some of the photos up by the end of the week.
Ya, we are really lucky that she has shares.. That is why I am just trusting her opinion, as a site visit would cost way too much for us to go to..
That is kinda what I thought with the vendors, guess I have to think about what I want, and how badly I want it..
My FMIL said the chairs were nice as well, so for me paying extra money for chair covers, bows, etc, is a waste.. (my opinion)
That is awesome if you get it for your $350! I would definately hold on to that email too! That would help out lots!
Unfortunately I do not have enough points yet to view your attachment. But I am glad that the food was good!! I am excited for all the food, anytime deal.. ha ha
I am glad you had a good timein Mexico!
I finally found and ordered a dress! WOO!

How were the dishes with meat in them? My FI and I are vegetarians so we can create our own meals, but if I have to choose for everyone else I want to make sure I pick something good! What did you select?

Also, I wondering what everyone else was quoted for hair & makeup? I think $350-$400 is ridiculous. But maybe I'm wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacj13 View Post
I"m headed for a site visit for Mermorial Day weekend to figure out the chapel situation and hopefully do a food tasting also. Who did you set that up with?

We blocked a group of rooms for our guests. For the rest of the travel needs and when the group block is up we are using TA Dina who has been completely amazing.
When we got to the resort we just asked if we could do a tasting...Allibe gave us the menu and had us pick 3 selections from each course. They prepared the meals for a tasting the next afternoon. It was really easy!

Your travel/booking set up seems ideal! We have been wondering if it would work to reserve a block through the resort and still use TA Jill.

I'm still a little unsure about guest deposits and cancellation policies b/c what Allibe has been telling us and what the contract says seem a little different.
Do you know when guests have to pay a one night deposit, when they have to cancel by to avoid penalty and when we have to release unused rooms from our block? It would be so helpful to know your take on that info!!!