The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post
Hi everyone,
So I´m down at dreams right now... I´m online because it´s raining out... it´s been raining for the past 4 days and it doesn´t look like it´s going to let up. Just so sad, the only thing I didn´t want to happen was RAIN and it´s like a hurricane out, it´s so depressing.
Our room is great, the resort is great, the food is great, the drinks are cold. Aurora is so nice. Natalia is too busy for us, was late to our first meeting and never showed up to our "payment" meeting. There are too many weddings going on here at the same time, brides are crying because of the weather, it´s so gross out, I hope to dear gosh it doesn´t rain come Friday, but it most likely will.
I didn´t realize they make you pay $150 fee for set up PLUS $3 per person ($134 total for 35 people) for set up as well when you are still paying a lot for the ultimate package, so the bill is just racking up when it´s not a "dream destination wedding", it´s more like having a wedding in a convention center in New York State while it´s raining out.
Eh, sorry to complaing... just a bit depressed about this.... I will write a review upon my return in a couple of days. Cross your fingers the weather clears up pleease!!! sad.gif
Achica, I'm so so sorry to hear about the rain. It rained on our wedding day and I can empathize with the feelings you have right now. You are right that they are just not prepared to cover all of the weddings when it's raining. There were three weddings on our day and they were not adequately prepared to relocate them all with the rain. That being said, everything did end up working out and we had a wonderful wedding day - despite the rain. I believe you will, too! Your wedding may take a different shape than you envisioned, but you absolutely can love the shape it will take - stay positive and focused on being surrounded by the people you love!

Now, when it comes to the WC, my advice to you is to complain. If they are not taking care of you, be the squeaky wheel. We had a lot of trouble and aggravation with the resort and finally, at one point, I just had to kind of turn into bridezilla. I definitely didn't get everything I wanted, but we did escape some of the nickel and diming they are prone to these days.

Good luck! And try to stay positive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_tx View Post
I have never heard of anyone using extension chords for their paper laterns. most bride on here have used battery powered lights or made L.E.D. throwies... which i still haven't made for mine yet...seems a bit confusing... i'll let you know how they turn out. i know there is a thread on here somewhere that teaches you exactly how to do it.

We had our reception by the relax pool and had paper lanterns. We lit them by assembling LED throwies, so we did not need extension cords. The link to instructions on how to create them can be found in my planning thread. I think there is a link to it in my signature.

The resort supplied the string/cords that hung them above our reception. Those cords are heavy duty and worked really well. If you want to see pics, there are some in my review and planning thread links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccrary View Post
Are there any brides here who had rain on their wedding day?

And if you did how did this change your plans? Did you opt for the chapel? I just have a concern if there are multiple weddings the same day and it rains does everyone use the chapel and have their times changed around?
It rained on and off all day for our wedding day. Thankfully, it was not raining during our ceremony time, so we did not opt for the chapel. (There were 44 of us, so we wouldn't have fit, anyway). I'm not sure what other brides did.

They were going to set us up in the convention center for the reception b/c they refused to close the Seaside Grill from the rest of the resort guests even though the resort was not booked at capacity. I couldn't bear to have it indoors, so we decided to chance it outside. It ended up raining on our reception (by the adult pool) right after dinner, and we just moved to the disco. There is more about rain in my review (link in my signature).

Quote:
i have a question, that i haven't read in one of these 376 pages... do any of the past brides know if a party of 30 could use a long table for their reception? instead of three round ones...

Thanks!
Hi. I think that 30 is tops with regard to long tables vs round. I asked the same question a while ago...I'll check my aurora responses tomorrow at work and repost them.

Tt

Quote:
Hi everyone,
So I´m down at dreams right now... I´m online because it´s raining out... it´s been raining for the past 4 days and...

I am so sorry to hear about the rain and frustration with additional charges....you in no way sound like you're complaining.

Sending good vibes your way hoping for clear skies on Friday.

Regarding th charges...I think you can fight this additional cost. I know how many times you went back and forth with them, and they didn't say a word. My feeling is that if it's not in the planning guide, then it's not happening or it's negotiable. ...and I'm talking about the planning guide that was in effect at the time you put down a deposit/signed papers. Do you have a copy with you? Let me know and I can pm it to you.

I know that regardless of the weather, that you and your friends and family are going to have a great time on Friday celebrating you and your fi and your marriage.

Xoxo
tt

Oh thanks Tara, i would appreciate that. so you think 30 is the max number of people they can do the long table for? i hope so! they look better and seem a bit easier to decorate.

i saw your other response about the wedding guide prices, do you know if you have to go by the guide she sent with your confirmation (for me it was 2010) or the guide for which you put down your deposit (i put mine down in Aug. 2009) i did noticed after looking online and then booking and then getting the new guide that there was quite a few changes. i hope maybe i can print that 2009 guide out and bring it with me and see if i can work with that instead. can you pm me that guide if you have the 2009? thank you.

Quote:
Oh thanks Tara, i would appreciate that. so you think 30 is the max number of people they can do the long table for? i hope so! they look better and seem a bit easier to decorate.

i saw your other response about the wedding guide prices, do you know if you have to go by the guide she sent with your confirmation (for me it was 2010) or the guide for which you put down your deposit (i put mine down in Aug. 2009) i did noticed after looking online and then booking and then getting the new guide that there was quite a few changes. i hope maybe i can print that 2009 guide out and bring it with me and see if i can work with that instead. can you pm me that guide if you have the 2009? thank you.
Hi Angie... I booked in 2009 for 2010. There were a few emails sent to me with 2010 prices. I sent an email (ok, emails...) to the wedding cordinator confirming my 2009 prices. I then sent an email where I listed every line item of all my extras, added the 11% sales tax at the end and sent it to them to ok. When I got their response that my list was accurate, I printed and brought it with me in case.
When it came time to go over the final invoice and pay for everything... their invoice somehow came up $200 less than what I emailed them. Obviously I didn't complain!! I think that by listing every item, in simple, short English and the price, it leaves a lot less room for misunderstanding.
Good luck!!!

Quote:
Hi everyone,
So I´m down at dreams right now... I´m online because it´s raining out... it´s been raining for the past 4 days and it doesn´t look like it´s going to let up. Just so sad, the only thing I didn´t want to happen was RAIN and it´s like a hurricane out, it´s so depressing. sad.gif
AchiCA I am so sorry to hear about the rain. Don't lose hope for your big day though. Another DT bride went through the same thing as you for her wedding week and then had sun and a perfect day for her wedding. Look for Wahmsuzanne review for a little rain turned sun inspiration. I'll cross my fingers that the weather clears up pronto.

Great idea! thank you. i'm going to have my FI do that, he's super math savy. i'll just send it with all 2009 prices and see what she says. i don't have the 2009 guide just yet, but as i soon as i get it i'll be sure to shoot Aurora an email. i think i've emailed her four maybe five times since last August and every time i get a response within a day or two, and usually with an answer i like. thanks again! :)