My Cancun wedding review - 07/07/07

Sorry it took me so long, setting up my home is driving me crazy, but here it is. If you have questions or need a review about something else please let me know..

Fiesta Americana Condesa: A

They actually surprised me, everything was great! they even gave us the room for free (we didn't had the number of rooms they asked for to qualify for a free room).

We had a meeting 3 days before the wedding with Pilar, the resort's wedding coordinator, Julieta, my WC/Florist, the band representatives, the hotel's chef, hotel's logistics operator and me and my husband.. we discussed pretty much everything, from how we wanted the tables orientation, where we wanted to sit special people, where we wanted the group, when we wanted food to be served, etc etc etc..

Pilar was great also the day of the wed, I had my room at 10 AM, she was calling me to ask me if everything was fine and stuff.

The food was EXCELLENT, the service was also great, except for just 1 waiter that some friends and family complained about..

My only complain is that I requested that they served margaritas and piña coladas (I provided the alcohol I paid an uncorkage fee per person) and the first drink I asked a waiter was a margarita and they told me they weren't serving them, I immediately called the logistics guy and he fixed that..

After the wedding was over they let us stay at the lounge and they gave us plastic cups and the remaining white wine and we stayed like 1 hour there.. we were like 30 people..

I don't give them a higher grade 'cause DH found out that a high range manager of the Fiesta Americana chain was there to make sure everything was fine 'cause a brother of the president (of Mexico) was at our wedding and

was staying at the FA Condesa.. so I'm almost sure that's what made Pilar change 'cause he had had troubles with her before..

Marriott Casamagna, JW and Gazebo: A+

I was just there for the ceremony and pictures after the ceremony.. Paolina was the one that took care of my wedding, everything was fine, they put a water station at the ceremomy for free, and the red and white umbrellas you see at the ceremony were borrowed by their concierge, we asked for umbrellas 'cause I didn't buy enough parasols and the sun was horrible! when I noticed they had red and white umbrellas I said perfect!

The ceremony was a huge hit, the gazebo is GORGEOUS and both the JW and the casamagna are a great location for pictures..

Julieta:

I'm going to break this in 2

Coordination: A

Julieta's work as a WC was not exactly what I thought it'd be. I thought she'd be there with me trough the day but I didn't see her at all until the ceremony. Anyway I think her job was perfect 'cause she made sure everything was here, except from the light under the tables I requested, which I began asking for at the reception and they told me they were going to start lighting the tables but the reality was that she didn't put the light under all the tables they only turned on 8 of them. She of course didn't charge me for the unlit tables but I was mad about that 'cause I requested that like 2 months before my wed, if she wasn't able to do that she should have told me.

Well besides that everything was perfect, everything was on time, I also hired 2 girls to be there 'cause we wanted our guests to make sure our guest were taken care of (and I didn't trust the hotel before) and they were also great, they identified our special guest, sat them where we told Julieta before.. etc..

Flowers: A++++++

Flowers were so important to me that I was scared I'd be disapointed about them.. the centerpiece I requested didn't look well with the flowers I wanted (she did a trial for me 3 weeks before the wedding and we didn't like it, though it was like the one I had requested). So we discussed some options and came to the decision to use 2 kind of centerpieces, one with anthuriums, and the other with red roses and orchids.

I loved everything she did, the ceremony, the reception, the lounge, my bouquets, everything was more beautiful than I expected!!! cheesy.gif

Photographer (CancunStudios CANCUN STUDIOS)

i can't rate them yet, I saw the pictures the photographer took but they're not edited yet.. some of them are very dark, I hope when they edit them they come out great..

I do have some complains about them..

1. We talked to Agustin (the owner of the studio and the guy who takes the best pictures of course) and he said HE was going to photograph our wedding.. well he didn't go..

2. Centerpieces and decoration was really important to me and I asked her to take pictures of it.. she didn't!!!! rant.gif

she took some, but it's not enough for me.. (at least I have video of it)

3. She didn't take the "we did it" pic, I asked her if she took it and she said yes, well she didn't

4. During dinner I asked her to take pictures of each table, she didn't, she just took pictures of the whole wedding but that's not what I wanted, I was pretty clear.

Those things aside I loved the pics..

I had her for 8 hours and paid extra to get all the pics on CD (they were only 200 on the package and she took more than 800) i paid $2,100

• 2 weeks later...

Anna after seeing your projects I am looking up everything Anna! Your flowers were gorgeous as were you. I am glad that overall you had a good experience. Now if that margarita hadn't arrived there wouldn've been a problem...fryingpan.gif.

I am sure your wedding will inspire other Cancun/ Riviera Maya brides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMO View Post
Anna after seeing your projects I am looking up everything Anna! Your flowers were gorgeous as were you. I am glad that overall you had a good experience. Now if that margarita hadn't arrived there wouldn've been a problem...fryingpan.gif.

I am sure your wedding will inspire other Cancun/ Riviera Maya brides.
Jenetta you're so sweet!!! thanx!!! monkey.gif