Requirements for legal wedding in Riviera Maya: Confused!!

Hi everyone!

I'm confused... do you need to be in Mexico 3 or 4 business-days prior to your wedding?

I browsed through the threads and some people say 3 days, orthers say 4. What is right?

I am getting married at the Grand Palladium and the WC sent me a document that says we need to be there 3 days in advance. We are planning to arrive on a Sunday and get married on a Thursday. But my Travel Agent is telling me we need to be there 4 days prior to our wedding day.

HELP!

I'd go by what the WC at the resort says. They usually have more current/update info. When I was going to get married in Punta Cana, the TA was telling me I had to be there 3 days before, but they had eliminated their waiting period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyD View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm confused... do you need to be in Mexico 3 or 4 business-days prior to your wedding?

I browsed through the threads and some people say 3 days, orthers say 4. What is right?

I am getting married at the Grand Palladium and the WC sent me a document that says we need to be there 3 days in advance. We are planning to arrive on a Sunday and get married on a Thursday. But my Travel Agent is telling me we need to be there 4 days prior to our wedding day.

HELP!

Also,

My resort offers the option to arrive 48hrs in advance if you get the most expensive package, lol! So, what's the "real" waiting period? I think you'll be fine if you go with what the WC at the resort says.

Quote:
Hi everyone!

HELP!

My daughter was married last evening at the Fairmont Mayakoba. They opted for a legal civil ceremony before they left home, and had a very moving oceanfront ceremony here. Too many things can go wrong when you try to navigate legal requirements outside the US, and there are too many opportunities for people to take advantage of an emotional couple.

The stateside legal ceremony did not take away from the meaning of the ceremony in front of friends and family, and they know everything is in order back home. They did not consider themselves "married" until they exchanged vows and rings in front of their guests, and we'd all do it this way again .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smidge View Post
My daughter was married last evening at the Fairmont Mayakoba. They opted for a legal civil ceremony before they left home, and had a very moving oceanfront ceremony here. Too many things can go wrong when you try to navigate legal requirements outside the US, and there are too many opportunities for people to take advantage of an emotional couple.

The stateside legal ceremony did not take away from the meaning of the ceremony in front of friends and family, and they know everything is in order back home. They did not consider themselves "married" until they exchanged vows and rings in front of their guests, and we'd all do it this way again .
This is what my husband and I did, as well. We had a legal ceremony at his parents' house in Alberta 1 month before our symbolic wedding in Mexico. It didn't take away from our Mexican wedding at all, and in fact, I know I was more relaxed knowing all the legal stuff was taken care of. When we finished our ceremony in Mexico, we could truly say we were married! I've heard some unfortunate stories about couples not receiving their marriage certificates from the country in which they wed...

StephyD, don't worry, honestly the legal stuff was NOT that bad and I would totally do it all over again. I'm not sure where your TA is getting that info from. Even the Mexican consulate website says 3 business day. I arrived on a Sat and got married on the Thurs. I would ask your TA where they're getting that info from and let them know that the WC states only 3 days are required. I see you're from Montreal. If you need any help from a fellow Canadian just PM me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
Hello, any UK brides here?

You may be able to help me?

Ok so does anyone know if you are legally married when you arrive back to the UK even if you DONT get your marriage cert translated to English?

xox
Hey Nicy - you will be legally married when you return to the UK and you dont have to get your cert translated into english. Its not a legal requirement.

If you get it translated and then post it to the GOR they will have a record of your marriage should anyone request it and also can provided a copy of the certificate; because if you ever needed another copy you would need to contact the authourities in Mexico - which i would imagine would be a nightmare!

Quote:
Hi everyone!

HELP!
Hi there!
I'm going with 3 days...both my TA and WC have told us that and we are getting married in the Mayan. We are arriving on a Saturday and getting married on the Wednesday!

Hope that helps!