April 2010 Brides

Our AHR is not formal but not casual - it's a lunch - but in a restaurant in a hotel/wedding place. We are wearing our wedding clothes but i think men would wear button down shirts and pants and girls cute dresses or pants...This was all my mom's idea - not ours. It's May 22. If we were going to do it ourselves we would have done it in our yard - very casual.

Jenna, I think you have to join shutterfly to see them - I got a membership request from Tracy.

The guy I work with is fine today - he's just one of those who acts first and thinks later.

I love making the money here - I need to pay off my credit card from the wedding stuff but really, I kind of wish I had the summer off again!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Ours is "swimsuit required" casual! We rented a party boat and are taking everyone out on the lake to go swimming.
I love love that idea!!!! What a great way to re celebrate a beach wedding by going on a boat...is it costing a lot to do this?
Will you be wearing your dress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
Our AHR is not formal but not casual - it's a lunch - but in a restaurant in a hotel/wedding place. We are wearing our wedding clothes but i think men would wear button down shirts and pants and girls cute dresses or pants...This was all my mom's idea - not ours. It's May 22. If we were going to do it ourselves we would have done it in our yard - very casual.

Jenna, I think you have to join shutterfly to see them - I got a membership request from Tracy.

The guy I work with is fine today - he's just one of those who acts first and thinks later.
I love making the money here - I need to pay off my credit card from the wedding stuff but really, I kind of wish I had the summer off again!
That's be nice for your AHR, ooohhh May 22 is just right around the corner (that's how quick it'll be done and over with)

At least the guy you work with is over it now. What men doesn't re act first and think later huh!! lol

I feel you with wanting another summer off, I was suppose to look for a job when got back for the wedding, but it looks like I'll be going threw surgery and said to hold off on a new job. A little part of me is happy about it, but I guess not under these condition
Sometimes I wish we were all kids again just to have summers off!! lol

it's my first day back at work today too, and i gave 2 weeks notice on friday so i'm struggling to get through even more! nothing like getting married, changing jobs and also selling a house and building a house, all within a few months!

i am dying to get my pro pics back too, but i know that my photog is working super hard to get everything looking perfect and color corrected. she took damn near 2000 pictures, so i have to be patient! next will come the waiting for our wedding "film" which should be pretty cool too!

i love the boating AHR! our is super casual.. more like an "open house" where people can come and go as they please. BBQ style with some music playing, pictures from the wedding and tons of food! after all that wedding planning, we needed something super easy to plan!

i finally did write my review.. it's up in the wedding reviews section on the forum. i keep emphasizing to the other girls getting married at Dreams that once you get down there you really stop caring about the details, but if someone had told me that before, i wouldn't have believed them. you have to live it to believe it!

Oh wow,those are some huge changes in your life and all months apart!!!

You already have a new job lined up? Must be hard working knowing you wont be there long.

Ohhh and reno's? Is the house up for sell now?

You all must be getting some amazing photo's, because I got mine back before we even left punta Cana. Sooo excited to see them all!!!

I tried to look for your review, couldn't find it... mind posting the link?!

I seriously have to get on my review!! it's such a good review too. Kind of still in Lazy mode, not having to do a single thing, nothing wedding related anymore. Still trying to find my bounce to go in my steps (if that makes since at all)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post
Ours is "swimsuit required" casual! We rented a party boat and are taking everyone out on the lake to go swimming.
A party barge on Lake Travis would be sooooo FUN! SUPER jealous! We're having our AHR at a micro brewery in Fort Worth, but a party boat sounds like much more fun!

Michele - I'm not a big fan of signing up for things sad.gif I know it sounds stupid, but I'm always afraid that it's a bogus site or a virus or something else weird.

Erin - I hope you like your new job! And I know how you feel about the whole house thing. As soon as we got back we started remodeling again. It's def crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
I love love that idea!!!! What a great way to re celebrate a beach wedding by going on a boat...is it costing a lot to do this?
Will you be wearing your dress?
We figured that if we're having people come to Texas in the summer, we may as well let them get wet and cool off! I really, really want to wear my dress to show it off again! We have people coming in from out of town, and I think it'd be nice to give them as close to a wedding experience as possible. Wearing our wedding attire is the least we could do, but I don't want to get my dress dirty again since I've decided I'm going to sell it. Dilemma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt75 View Post
A party barge on Lake Travis would be sooooo FUN! SUPER jealous! We're having our AHR at a micro brewery in Fort Worth, but a party boat sounds like much more fun!
LOL, I love it that you knew I was talking about a party barge on Lake Travis! Most people have no idea what a party barge is (including a lot of our guests) so I've gotten used to saying boat, and of course no one would know Lake Travis. Love it!

Hey, a microbrewery sounds pretty cool, too!

None of my family is coming to our AHR so I don't have to worry about entertaining out-of-towners.

I love my dress to, but I don't want to wear it to our AHR. It would get so nasty in this brewery. We decided that if people wanted to be with us on our wedding day, and get to see how beautiful I was in my dress, & blah blah blah, they would have been there.

We originally wanted to rent a condo and float the river! LOL that would fun! His mom wouldn't allow it though, sad.gif she's anti-party/fun.

Have you been in Austin long?

Oooooh, we thought about floating the river, too, as our AHR! We always go to the Comal and there are great condos along there. We always see large groups out BBQing and having a good time as we float along.

I've been in Austin 7 years, so for a while now.

Hi all, just popping in to say I'm back and it was just fantastic. Perfect weather, great group, gorgeous resort and an amazing wedding. I'm still on cloud nine. I'll post some more once I get caught up with the thread and I'll get some pictures up soon, too. I'm still recovering from our late flight back last night so I'll be back when I'm more coherent. I can't believe we're all married now!