Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

So we have a new wedding date...July 1st....could I have my date changed on the list Nicole, please :)

Our travel agent has been working on getting everything sorted out for us. We can't use Claudia as our photographer anymore, but they got someone else from her team...still not pleased, but can't do much and at least we like her team.

We still don't know if we can have the same location for our ceremony and reception...when I talked to my TA yesterday her response was...."we are working on it and will let you know monday". Now I'm having to deal with many of my guests calling and asking what is going on and complaining about all of this. People are telling me to demand a full refund and cancel the whole thing! They don't understand that we have planned this wedding for 2 years and we will be out money if we cancel and book somewhere else...some people are even saying to cancel and do a wedding in toronto!! I really don't want to listen to other people's complaints about this right now. I think I'm gonna have Matt call our TA today and tell them that they need to give us some more info and they need to start contacting our guests to let them know what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
Thanks for the advice!!! I am a very organized person but I am having a log of trouble with the wedding. What I can't see...hard to make the decisions.

I started to make some moves... I am struggling with the location too. I am set on the beach wedding and beach reception... but I also saw some wedding receptions done on the terrace and looks very nice. I am not sure what I want to do... Did you pick a photographer yet? I see many suggestions but I am not sure what to do.

I decided to downgrade my Silver Package to Pearl Package. We really wanted Silver package for the non-private dinner reservation but I decided to have a private cocktail party instead of dinner reservation for "rehearsal dinner". Just an opportunity to mingle and meet everyone...

I see that you are in New Orleans. I am in Houston. I do travel to New Orleans often for my work. Thanks for the help and keep in touch!

Chong
If you are confused about the locations, you should do the ceremony on the beach and the reception somewhere else, or vice versa! What about the Sky Wedding and the reception on the beach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
So we have a new wedding date...July 1st....could I have my date changed on the list Nicole, please :)

Our travel agent has been working on getting everything sorted out for us. We can't use Claudia as our photographer anymore, but they got someone else from her team...still not pleased, but can't do much and at least we like her team.

We still don't know if we can have the same location for our ceremony and reception...when I talked to my TA yesterday her response was...."we are working on it and will let you know monday". Now I'm having to deal with many of my guests calling and asking what is going on and complaining about all of this. People are telling me to demand a full refund and cancel the whole thing! They don't understand that we have planned this wedding for 2 years and we will be out money if we cancel and book somewhere else...some people are even saying to cancel and do a wedding in toronto!! I really don't want to listen to other people's complaints about this right now. I think I'm gonna have Matt call our TA today and tell them that they need to give us some more info and they need to start contacting our guests to let them know what's going on.
You are always gonna have those people that are so inconsiderate and don't understand! UGH! Don't let them get to you. You have worked so hard up to this point, so don't worry about what they say. Just stay focus on getting the answers you need. I think having Matt call will definitely help. I would give them a "target date" to give you this info, i.e. "we need this info by Tuesday, so we can email our guests or we will require a refund." Something like that. I think you just need to be really specific, firm, and to the point. So sorry you are dealing with this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
Suzanne, Fabio is definitely the way to go. Do you need his email?
Just curious.. Who is Fabio? By any chance...a photographer? If so, would you please share his info with me? I am looking for recommendation on photographers... anyone used Caribe?

Thank you!!!

Oh Meghan people can be so frustrating!!! Why can't they understand that the last thing the couple needs at times like this is to hear a bunch of complaints from their wedding guests?! They should be smart enough to know that you have too much on your plate, that of course you're doing your very best to fix the situation (I mean, come on, it's YOUR wedding!), and that you need space to fix it. I can't believe they think you canceling the whole thing is appropriate! Crazy talk.

I agree that your TA needs to be fielding all questions and getting the info out, not you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
Thanks for checking in on me!! We had SO SO much fun!!!!! We didn't really see much rain...it was crazy cause it looked as if the sky was going to fall out every second of the day. I got there Thursday, which of course was gorgeous weather...of course it would happen that way...beautiful the day BEFORE our engagement pics. ha But i went and got my hair and makeup done and all that. The had my BD pictures for 3 hours!!! She took over 500 pics, so hopefully, I can find 10 or so that I like. We did them at The Roosevelt hotel. I had maybe 5 outfits I think. If you have never been to that hotel, you need to go!! What a cool hotel! That night we just ate dinner at his brother's house and got up bright and early for our engagement pics. We went all up and down Bourbon, throughout the French Quarter, and up to Uptown. They went from about 9 to 2! SO MUCH FUN!! However, it was SUPER SUPER SUPER humid, so my hair was a DISASTER!! oh well, it will just have to look bad in the pics. It sprinkled for about 15 minutes and that was the only rain we encountered. whew! That night we ate at Martinique. Then Saturday, we went to Jazz Fest allllll day. The weather was actually great that day because it was cloudy, so not too hot, but we didn't see a single rain drop. We ate at Dominica that night and went out. Then we left Sunday morning...so glad cause I heard it was a torrential downpour all day.

If anyone is looking for a fun weekend getaway, I highly recommend New Orleans. We go about 10 times a year. Super cheap flights on Southwest and sooooo much to do!!! My photographer was in heaven taking pictures with all the cool buildings and lights and colors and all.

I will keep you guys posted on when I get to see the pictures!! My photographer is Lauren Harris Photography.

Sorry for the novel!

Ok, glad to hear you didn't get the rain the entire time. We went to Jazz Fest Sunday and it rained almost the entire time. You're right it did help the fact that otherwise it would have been hot as hell but I didn't really need to be walking thru all that mud! Definitely going to invest in some rain boots! Lol. I'm glad ya'll had such a good time too. Funny how I've never been all of the places you've mentioned but I've lived here all my life. Weird. I guess I just kinda get stuck in my ways I guess. My cousin actually just started working @ The Roosevelt but I haven't been there since it was The Fairmont. I'm trying to venture out tho in my old age. Lol. Were those restaurants any good?

Oh, and I'm sure you'll fins plenty of pics you want to use. Let us know how they turn out!