Moon Palace Reception Location

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnic2005 go_quote.gif
I too will be having the fire dancers for our welcome dinner and they are charging me $450.00/15 minutes, 3 dancers w/DJ. My WC recommended that we have the dinner with the performers at the Terraza Mar, a new terrace on the Grand side. I have attached pictures of Terraza Mar, since you can't find this terrace anywhere else. I wanted to have Salsa Dancers for the Reception but she told me it was going to cost almost $1400 for 45 minutes. GEESH!! So I said no thank you. I might ask if they can come in for 15 minutes and find out what that cost is.

We are also working with Zuniga on flower arrangements, plates, chairs, dance floor and decorations. And PSAV for LED lights, Audio and DJ. Let me know if you need what I was priced for. Our reception will be in the Jupiter Ballroom on the sunrise side.

In regards to transportation, I just looked at my sheet and I was quoted $150.00 on transportation as well and the taxes are 11%. My GOODNESS that is a little high!

Indy Chic, I can not open your attachment for reception locations. Can you send it again? Also for those brides that want to see reception rooms inside

Do you know if you see the beach from terraza mar?

• 1 month later...

In regards to the fire dancers, I think 450 is the lowest DecoCancun will go. I was originally quoted 500 for 3 fire dancers for 15 minutes but when I mentioned that some people got theirs for 450, Lily gave me the 450 for 2 fire dancers for 15 minutes. With tax, that comes to about 500 for 2 firedancers for 15 minutes or 550 for 3 firedancers for 15 minutes.

I am also using DecoCancun to help me with my reception decorations. She just sent me a catalog with some of their arrangements. I'm going to give her my budget for decorations and hopefully, we can arrange something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGirl99 View Post
In regards to the fire dancers, I think 450 is the lowest DecoCancun will go. I was originally quoted 500 for 3 fire dancers for 15 minutes but when I mentioned that some people got theirs for 450, Lily gave me the 450 for 2 fire dancers for 15 minutes. With tax, that comes to about 500 for 2 firedancers for 15 minutes or 550 for 3 firedancers for 15 minutes.
I am also using DecoCancun to help me with my reception decorations. She just sent me a catalog with some of their arrangements. I'm going to give her my budget for decorations and hopefully, we can arrange something.
Is DecoCancun consider an outside vendor or not? Are there extra fees that apply?

ashnic2005: I have a quick off topic question for you...i noticed that you have some people in your party using their timeshare...my parents are planning to do the same. So I was wondering if you knew what the price of the all-inclusive food and drink package is for those people? And also, do the timeshares count towards the number of rooms booked in order to receive free private functions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaleen View Post
ashnic2005: I have a quick off topic question for you...i noticed that you have some people in your party using their timeshare...my parents are planning to do the same. So I was wondering if you knew what the price of the all-inclusive food and drink package is for those people? And also, do the timeshares count towards the number of rooms booked in order to receive free private functions?
I now have 4 people offsite and 2 that are staying in a timeshare at another resort and they have to pay for a guest pass to get on MP property which is running $86.00 for 2010 a person, but they can stay at MP from 7-11pm and it includes use of facilities, food and beverage for one day. I can not use their stay counted toward the private functions.

My grand parent in-laws are using their timeshare at the MP resort. I believe it is all inclusive for them as well (I think). However, I could not use their stay to count towards the private functions. Which was too bad because they are staying an entire week.

oh wow, so your grand parents in-laws don't actually have to pay for an extra all-inclusive food and drink package? thats awesome...because I was thinking we were going to come out of pocket to pay for that! Thanks...I'll look into it more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alison15 View Post
Is DecoCancun consider an outside vendor or not? Are there extra fees that apply?
DecoCancun is actually an outside vendor but I think they are contracted with Moon Palace or something. They have a 150$ set-up fee or something plus 10% tax. I think that only goes if you get them for decorations. For entertainment such as the fire dancers, it's just tax.