Married or going to be married at Grand Palladium Punta Cana?

Thanks Dawn!

I am planning on just bringing a cd down for the ceremony and first dances - I suppose I will just put them in order and have them play them.

I'm still deciding on my songs, I keep going back and forth between a bunch. It's such a tough decision.

Tracy - I know you had your photographer take pics of the dances, were you happy with them? They are ones that I would really like to have, I just wasn't sure if I should have them instead of group photos. We customized a package with HDC so I don't get him for as long as the silver package (we split the time between wedding day and TTD) - so I'm trying to figure out how long everything will take.

Were the before/getting ready shots worth it? I would like them, but again just trying to get the timeline down in my head and how long I need/will have for pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess_08 View Post
you all should come back in June for someeeeonee's wedding!!

I am so excited - I hit under the 2 month mark yesterday! and even less until we leave (we leave the 22 and our wedding is on our guests last day - the 28th). So really my countdown goes until the 22nd. Once I'm there I'm happy! I'm nervous about the flight, I went to see this person to give me tips about flying (never been worried before, but really anxious about it this time)
Can anyone tell me their happy flight stories - was it great having everyone with you on the flight? smooth? I'm terrified - but I plan on taking some anti-anxiety meds on the way! lol...or some drinks!

How was check in at the hotel - what time did you all get there? We get to the resort around 9:30-10 at night now so we won't get to see anything until the next day!
Ah that's perfect, so you get lots of 'honeymoon' time. We didn't at all especially since our last guest was stuck there for an entire extra week due to the volcano, but we made the best of it. Still on our honeymoon lol.
Don't be nervous, I'm a horrible flyer (not afraid) but my ears kill and so does my stomach, I pop a gravol, and sudafed usually good to go.
I'm warning you now, wear something light going down. I stept off the plan, started walking on the tar mat, and passed right out. Because you get all the fumes from the plans, plus the heat just smacks you in the face, especially if your wearing pants like I did. You'll be fine though!!! If your taking something... don't drink, if your anything like me, the alcohol just makes it worse. We flew alone, and we were so happy we did, as a lot of them were first time flyers, and we are not. We didn't want to babysit anyone, the whole process is enough as it is. but if your a nervous flying having friends just may help keep your mind off of it!

We landed a 11:30am, got to the resort b y 12:30-12:45. We were on the royal side. Check in was pretty fast. Our room wasn't ready so they put our luggage on the side and my dress in their office. We went back much later as we were on the Punta Cana side waiting for everyone to come in. Everyone was checked in real fast, no wait. And most of them got their room right away. Pallace was also a fast check in and got their room right away too.
You will as well since the time you land, and I'm sure it'll go fast unless a lot of people are checking in at the same time. But you'll get a drink, just enjoy it.
You can still walk aroumd at that time, lights are on everyone. You can even jump on the train to help you get to know the place. of course it'll be easier during the day, but still plenty to do and see at night. You can even walk on the beach, it's all light up.

Quote:
Thanks Dawn!

I am planning on just bringing a cd down for the ceremony and first dances - I suppose I will just put them in order and have them play them.
I'm still deciding on my songs, I keep going back and forth between a bunch. It's such a tough decision.

Tracy - I know you had your photographer take pics of the dances, were you happy with them? They are ones that I would really like to have, I just wasn't sure if I should have them instead of group photos. We customized a package with HDC so I don't get him for as long as the silver package (we split the time between wedding day and TTD) - so I'm trying to figure out how long everything will take.

Were the before/getting ready shots worth it? I would like them, but again just trying to get the timeline down in my head and how long I need/will have for pictures.
We did our first dance right after our ceremony (when we walked back down) but I didn't get a prof pic of my dad and I dancing or Mike and his mom dancing, we got that on video camera, and a few pics by our guest. What I did was gave ever 3 people a disposable camera , once they were done I they gave it to the MOH, at dinner i gave everyone a scavenger hunt list to give them an idea of what I wanted. Worked out great, but the pics are crappy because of the cheap cameras. I suggest paying the $10 a camera to assure you get pretty photos.

I found it worth it, having the before and after pictures take (especially the after the ceremony ones) But again it's all about what YOU want and feel like you'd like to have as a memory. I hardly remember the day as it flew by so fast, so to hav the pictures reminds me how I felt and all that mushy stuff lol.

Okay thanks! I will talk to him about a timeline to make sure we get all the shots I want!

Did you guys find that there was enough to do there when it was raining? I've been at resorts that had nothing -- but I would thikn that at the Grand Palladium there is the sports bar to go to or other places. Did you go there a lot? I've heard the food is amazing!!! (wings and beer!! )

Hi ladies!

I'm wondering if someone can answer a few questions for me. I'm sure it's already been asked and answered in detail throughout all of the threads but it's hard going through them all trying to find specific info.

I'm wondering what options are available for the reception. I had already emailed the resort asking for this info (twice) but I guess they're busy as I haven't heard back, unfortunately. What did you do/are planning for your reception? Are they always in the a la carte's or can you have a private reception somewhere? What meal options are there (set menu or different packages to choose)? Is the beach party a public thing or can you arrange it just for you and your guests? What are the prices of all these options?

Sorry for all the questions...my FI and are getting ready to book soon and it's looking like it will be the GP for sure but I'd like to have all of this mind before putting money down on it.

Thanks so much!!! smile03.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarsd View Post
Hi ladies!

I'm wondering if someone can answer a few questions for me. I'm sure it's already been asked and answered in detail throughout all of the threads but it's hard going through them all trying to find specific info.

I'm wondering what options are available for the reception. I had already emailed the resort asking for this info (twice) but I guess they're busy as I haven't heard back, unfortunately. What did you do/are planning for your reception? Are they always in the a la carte's or can you have a private reception somewhere? What meal options are there (set menu or different packages to choose)? Is the beach party a public thing or can you arrange it just for you and your guests? What are the prices of all these options?

Sorry for all the questions...my FI and are getting ready to book soon and it's looking like it will be the GP for sure but I'd like to have all of this mind before putting money down on it.

Hello! I was told by my TA that Carolina said the 2011 wedding packages are not out yet and she should be emailing them out soon! If I hear anything I will post it here and let you know!

Thanks for all the feedback ladies about the ceremony and the Mexican Trio/CDs etc etc!! I am SOOOOOO happy I found this forum! Now if only I could catch up on some sleep....darn night shifts!!!

Quote:
Okay thanks! I will talk to him about a timeline to make sure we get all the shots I want!

Did you guys find that there was enough to do there when it was raining? I've been at resorts that had nothing -- but I would thikn that at the Grand Palladium there is the sports bar to go to or other places. Did you go there a lot? I've heard the food is amazing!!! (wings and beer!! )
We def went to the sports bar a couple of times, Good food. pool (tho it was out of order while were there) and foosbll. Icecream!!!We went 2 times because it was at the other end of the resort for us. But you can always take the train (but you'll walk faster then that)
We even stayed on the beach one of the days it rained. We just stayed under the umberella

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarsd View Post
Hi ladies!

Reception : You can have a semi private dinner at an A LA Cart which is included in your package, if you have more then 14 guest you must choose the dinner, you ge 4-5 different choice for the starters, main course and dessert. For dessert we choice to serve our cake since I read a lot of people didn't eat the cake because they were to full after dessert. Our cake was amazing, best wedding cake I've ever tasted!!!!
Or you can have a private reception for $1000 in a restaurant. Or $60 p/p to have dinner on the beach. If I'm not mistaken the menu is the same as the semi private.

Beach Party : It's a private thing for just you and your guest. You pay $9 p/p to have the open bar, with a bar tender and waiter. We hired the Dj (worth every penny) $250 (which is odd cause she told m $200, but was worth the $250) you can bring you own music and he'll play it. But ours didn't speak english, with out planning it, DH sister ended up being our MC...turned out amazing!!!!!

Ask any question! Carolina is real busy, and knowing that you still don't believe just how busy until you see her running around the resort. It would have help us if somone was here answering our questions, so I'm glad to return the fav. Plus it just keeps reminding me how amazing of a day it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgonzalez_83 View Post
Hi April Brides!

Does anyone have any pics of the beach party they wouldn't mind sharing? We had originally wanted the private reception but now I'm wondering if it would be better to do the beach party instead.

Thanks,

Rebecca
I don't have prof pics of the beach party, only on disposable camera..I'm in the mist of scanning them, and when I do I'l be sure to post some of it.
No ticki torch btw, just spot lights that are high up on a palm tree.