I'm married - Reviews inside

md2002

I’m back and married! Fortunately everything went GREAT!! As we all realize when you start your quest for a destination wedding all you can do is trust people and hope that they all do their job. The people we chose could not have done a better job. Everything met and exceeded our expectations.

Wedding Site – Sheraton Nassau Cable Beach Resort (West End Beach) – This wasn’t as private as I thought it would be but it was still out of the way. There were plenty of onlookers but trust me when the wedding starts you notice nothing and no one but the eyes of who you are about to marry. Location was clean and beautiful and as private and a beach can get.

Wedding consultant – Horatio Smith – Horatio is the on- site wedding consultant for the Sheraton. If you started planning you know that coordinators take awhile to get back to you. Bahamian time, and I was worried a bit. When all was said and done he had everything under control and we didn’t have to do a thing. The Ceremony was flawless. Start to finish.

Preacher – Matthew Sweeting – You need to look no further. He was terrific. So laid back and everyone loved him. He made us feel like the words he had written were written just for us. It felt like he had known us for years and was marrying us. He was so much fun.

DJ – Jose Ageeb - Great guy! He did our PA system for the ceremony and DJ’d the reception. He was very personable and fun to have around. Was accommodating and ran the reception for us which made our job less stressful. He took control of the situation. He even offered to get us all into a club for free if we wanted to go there after the reception

Florist – Full House Floral, Michael Hall – PERFECT! All we gave Michael was ideas and pictures and he used his vision to make the reception and ceremony perfect. Competitive pricing and kept checking back with us to see if there was anything else he could do for us before we got to the Bahamas. We don’t have pics of the ceremony but here is a link to his Face book page and our reception. Scroll down to Mike and Heather.

Login | Facebook

Cake – Swiss Pastry shop – Manfred – Again, couldn’t have been better! The cake was exactly as we described, he only had a picture to go on. It was quite a design too. Prices were the best I could find! It looked good and was honestly the best cake I ever tasted. My dad took half the cake home and ate it for breakfast.

Photographer – Shoreshotz1 Photography – Amanda Constadine – We brought her from Mass. GREAT job, easy to work with and took tons of pics. She had most the pictures up within 3 days, great price and she lets family and friends download pics from the site. Highly recommended! I couldn’t imagine trusting this day to someone I met that week at a resort. SO HAPPY I brought Amanda with me to take pictures. You can look her up on face book and her website(Shoreshotz1 Photography). Loved her work! Again, if you look at Face Book we are Mike and Heather

Reception Site – Lucianos – Sue and Nadia – I can’t say enough about this place. Sue and Nadia’s help was invaluable. They helped us with everything in and outside of Lucianos. They always had advice for us. They called 2 hours before the wedding to say a storm may arrive and did we want to set up a tent outside. Every call and email was answered within 24 hours. They truly helped in a way they didn’t have to. The food was outstanding, the staff was all class, the whole Lucianos experience was 2nd to none. You will not find a better place to have a reception!!!

Transportation – Majestic Tours – Betty Fox – Not too much to say here. Betty worked with us right up until a day before the wedding. The buses were on time and accommodating. She arranged for a couple of things that were out of the ordinary to satisfy our needs. Would recommend. Prices were the best around.

I think that is everything. If anyone is just starting or need help let me know and I will be happy to help. The folks I mentioned are a good place to start. I and our guests couldn’t say enough good things about the whole day.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasjsgirl View Post
Congratulations and welcome back Heather! It's wonderful that everything turned out so well for you. Great review, thanks for sharing :)
LOL... It's actually Mike. YES... there is a guy on here :)

Yeah Mike!!! It sounds as if all of your hard work paid off!! So glad that Mathew Sweeting was so good...he is our minister too!! I credit you with findind many new vendors that we had not previously heard of...including the florist...it was too late for me, but it is nice to see that there are more than two options. So happy that it all worked out for you!! Congratulations!!