Dreams La Romana

Ahhh,

Amy, MayBride and Jenne, Congrats on everything. I really hope it was everything you imagined.

Havent't read the review yet Jenne but I'm heading there next.

Tiara, thanks for coming on the forum and I apologize if you thought any of our frustration was directed at you. I think we're all just frustrated by the amount of work (ask my fiance ... he just calls me grumpy now).

Budgeting for any wedding is sometimes insane and it's unfortunate that you are the one who has to hand us the prices, even though you had nothing to do with setting them.

In any case, I know you've accomodated many of my requests so for that I thank you.

Okay here are the pictures of the Seaside Grill Deck. I feel awful because I do not think that I got all the photos you wanted! But here are the ones that I do have:

Click the image to open in full size.

On the deck during the daytime setup.

At the right part of this picture is where you would come onto the deck. If you are having your reception on the Seaside Grill Deck, there is plenty of room to dance right on the deck.

SSG deck setup for our wedding. This view is from the dance floor part looking at all of the tables, and the head table at the back.

Looking from the head table towards the rest of the tables. It looks like there is not much room at the other end, but there is a big space for the dance floor and then the DJ table and drink table at the far end.

Head Table

Looking from the deck towards the Seaside Grill. The tables you see is the outdoor area that you would eat at at the SSG.

Again, I'm sorry that I didn't get all the angles for you. But I hope that these help at least a little bit!!!

Wow Jennifer -- thanks for the awesome shots of the SSG! Everything looks gorgeous. Your guests appear to be having a really wonderful and relaxed time (totally love how some decided to forgo the shoes for the barefoot dancing -- too cute!)

Seeing your setup of tables really helped me to envision what it is that I'm after for my added decorations (centerpieces etc). I'm only going with the free package so I'll have to get really creative while staying within budget :)

AmyGirl -- Happy Wedding Day!!! I know everything went just perfect :)

Nadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araity View Post
Good morning, Brides:

This is the reason that most of the time, the emails are not as quickly as we want. Not mentioning that on a wedding date, we also have to be coordinating and preparing everything...

I really regret that sometimes the prices do not go with your budgets or the service that you require is not as quickly as possible. But at least you should imagine how things are on the other side of the coin. We work hard (and that's why they pay us), we work from early morning (like now) to unimaginable late hours, also on our day off, we check our emails at home trying to provide you better services...

The hotel hired another wedding coordinator, since there is a lot of work here and only myself handle more than 250 brides at this moment; so one more person was added to the department. She will be contacting some of you, as we have divided some weddings. I will ask you to give her your best support, since she is just starting.
Tiara:

I'm glad that you finally made it onto the forum. You are correct when you say that feedback only works when it is given to the right people and in the right way.

I would like to personally apologize for any statements that you may have found to be hurtful or insulting to your efforts that are being made. Having visted you in January, I witnessed for myself how extremely busy you are with all of the weddings and the planning involved. I also directly benefited from your flexibility since you willingly accomodated my visit outside of our previously scheduled time!

I think if you read the posts from page 1 and onward (I know it's a LONG thread) you will see that most of the brides are here to support each other through the planning process. Being a recent bride yourself, I'm sure you can relate to the many emotions and frustrations associated with that. Having a destination wedding can sometimes make the process even more crazy because brides do not know who they are speaking to, or if things will really be what they expect it to be!

Anyway, I want you to know that your hard work is greatly appreciated. In fact, the reason you have not heard from me often is because after meeting you in person I became very confident and comfortable with your abilities when I realized that you had everything under control!

Thanks for being honest with us all, I will see you in September!

Nadia

Thanks Dolphinluck, you're probably right about the teachers. I will just go ahead and book one of these days and they'll just have to deal with it.

I had email Tiara a list of questions, after reading a lot of your guys corrrespondence I see somethimes thats not the best plan, ad I see she is also very busy. My head would be spinning if I was her.

One of the questons I had asked, may be stupid, I'm not too sure is...

Do any chairs come for the guests? Or if we dont rent the folding white or the tiffany ones, do all the guests stand at the ceremony?

What about the reception chairs?

Someone had metioned renting out the SSG for $1000, did that include anything? We're thinking of gong with the Dreams of Love or more likely the Ultimate but either of those include meal for 20...what if you have 30 guests?

I'm just so confused. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbabe View Post

One of the questons I had asked, may be stupid, I'm not too sure is...

Do any chairs come for the guests? Or if we dont rent the folding white or the tiffany ones, do all the guests stand at the ceremony?

What about the reception chairs?
The chairs in Jenne's pics come free of charge for the ceremony and reception, its when you upgrade the chairs you have to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinluck View Post
The chairs in Jenne's pics come free of charge for the ceremony and reception, its when you upgrade the chairs you have to pay.
Do you know I've been on this forum for ages, and I DID NOT know those chairs were free, I was actually quite worried about our budget as its just mounting up and up, but thats one thing i can tick off.

jenne your photos on facebook are beautiful I cried from start to finish (what on earth will I be like on the dayhuh.gif) One question though, Did Tiara have those pink sashes for the chairs or did you bring them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyjayne View Post
Do you know I've been on this forum for ages, and I DID NOT know those chairs were free, I was actually quite worried about our budget as its just mounting up and up, but thats one thing i can tick off.

jenne your photos on facebook are beautiful I cried from start to finish (what on earth will I be like on the dayhuh.gif) One question though, Did Tiara have those pink sashes for the chairs or did you bring them?
Thanks Lizzyjayne! I was so scared I was going to cry too on my wedding day and I totally did! haha.. right when my dads walked me up the aisle! But I was all smiles too so I don't think anyone could tell. Tiara had the pink sashes. We didn't bring any decorations with us at all. When you meet with her she will show you a photo album of other weddings and you get to pick what you want. The colour was perfect for our theme!