Quote:
Originally Posted by janapana View Post
josie, this is a gorgeous dress, have you bought the proper dress or are you having it made off one of the internet sites? I am STILL struggling to find a dress, and can't decide whether to try getting a knock off one?
Thank you so much - when i choose it i wasnt sure on the pleats as i have never seen a dress with pleats before but if hung so lovely and was really light.

I have bought the proper dress and it is currently being made - they have contacted me today actually to say mid June and it will be in and they will call me to check the fit. I hope i love it as much as i did on the day.
With regards to it being an internet site - the company is primarily an internet company - i know you are in Spain but you should check them out they are based in Milton Keynes - its a very small company and you can provide them with all your measurements and they make it to your size about a lead time of 10 weeks at the moment. They are called lilly mei Wedding Dress, Wedding Dresses Online from Lilly Mei
I dont know what your budget is but last time i looked there was nothing over £1000 because they are internet based they can keep their costs down. I came across them by chance at the national wedding fayre in London back in Feb this year and the quality is exceptional for what you are paying and their service is first class. They do have fitting rooms etc that you can try dress on it as well. Definately worth a look - as i was not really enjoying the dress hunting as they were all too big for the beach and having to travel away with; as you know how strict they are here in the UK with hand luggage.
I think they have them made in China though - as the lady herself Meiya is Chinese and she said she 'sends the designs away'...... hope this helps.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a huge guest list!

It's not even that many of our friends, just that we both have large families.

His parents are from Poland and if they had it their way we'd be inviting 700 guests (they had 750 at their wedding and that was 32 years ago!!) It 's definitely a cultural thing. We allotted them 100 guests and that's not even all their first cousins!

Then as for my family, my parents have been divorced since I was 2 years old, so we've got to invite my mom's side, my stepdad's side, my dad's side, my stepmom's side . . . snowball effect!

I seriously hope we don't get any more than 75 either. I'm not really stressing it though. Our parents are wonderful and they don't ask us for much. We'll basically just be out the postage on all these STD's and invitations. And I hate to sound greedy because this is not my motive at all, but a lot of those that can't make it will send us monetary gifts. (Also cultural, Polish people tend to stuff envelopes)

Hi Ladies! I am a January 2011 bride. We're getting married at Dreams Puerto Aventuras on January 14. I have my dress. My MOH and bridesmaids have their dresses and we sent out the STD's. I am starting to look at invitations. The time is flying by already!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen2011 View Post
Hi Ladies! I am a January 2011 bride. We're getting married at Dreams Puerto Aventuras on January 14. I have my dress. My MOH and bridesmaids have their dresses and we sent out the STD's. I am starting to look at invitations. The time is flying by already!!
Hey, welcome along. My hotel i have chosen is in Puerto Aventuras as well - i loved it there when we went a few years ago. I know how quickly is it coming around its only 8 - 9 months!!!! Have you any pictures of your dress or the BM dress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a huge guest list!

It's not even that many of our friends, just that we both have large families.

His parents are from Poland and if they had it their way we'd be inviting 700 guests (they had 750 at their wedding and that was 32 years ago!!) It 's definitely a cultural thing. We allotted them 100 guests and that's not even all their first cousins!

Then as for my family, my parents have been divorced since I was 2 years old, so we've got to invite my mom's side, my stepdad's side, my dad's side, my stepmom's side . . . snowball effect!

I seriously hope we don't get any more than 75 either. I'm not really stressing it though. Our parents are wonderful and they don't ask us for much. We'll basically just be out the postage on all these STD's and invitations. And I hate to sound greedy because this is not my motive at all, but a lot of those that can't make it will send us monetary gifts. (Also cultural, Polish people tend to stuff envelopes)

I know what you mean about the 'divorced' side of things - my parents have been together for 28 years this year but my FI his mum and dad are divorced; so to our AHR we will be inviting his mums family and some of his step dads family; then his dad remarried and FI has kept in contact with his then wife i am friends with her family so we will invite them; then the old man divorced her and remarried so FI has a new step mum so we will invite some of her family as well as well as FI dads family!!!! Not all will come we know that but we have to be seen to be 'doing the dutiful family thing'! :-)

Josie - I'll post pics of my dress asap - FMIL has it hostage at the moment, to stop me touching it and my cat has taken to running up all my clothes in the wardrobe to get to the top shelf, so taking no chances! lol!

Oh and both times i have been to mexico was in january, wind isn't too bad a little breezy but i wouldn't say it was anything to worry about though? I'm not letting it influence my dress/hairstyle choices, if thats what you worried about?

hope that helps

jodie.xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodieP View Post
Josie - I'll post pics of my dress asap - FMIL has it hostage at the moment, to stop me touching it and my cat has taken to running up all my clothes in the wardrobe to get to the top shelf, so taking no chances! lol!

Oh and both times i have been to mexico was in january, wind isn't too bad a little breezy but i wouldn't say it was anything to worry about though? I'm not letting it influence my dress/hairstyle choices, if thats what you worried about?

hope that helps

jodie.xx
Thanks for the 'wind' advice :-) its just i read about the North East wind which suddenly struck fear into me - im not going to let it determine my hair and dress though.

Anyone thought about the 'hair' side of things yet? I've decided whatever i do its going to involve braids / plaits as everyone says im a bit of a dippy hippy! Gonna trawl the net the next few weeks to get some ideas as one of my BM is a hairdresser and she keeps on at me to get some ideas together. But im too good at this girly lark; thats why i want to suprise my FI but looking so different on my wedding day :-)

Oh hair idea's I have a ton of ideas in my laptop thats broken just now! hopefully when i get it back i'll be just as struck with the ideas as i originally was....see if i actually still like them? :) I'm think Im gona go for a half up-do sort of thing maybe with small white flowers loose flowy curls?? May sound silly but when i envision myself on my wedding day that what i see my hair being like?

Thinking of blue's & greens for the colour scheme to tie with the ocean and FI is opting for a blue with green tartan for his kilt, so white flowers would be fine I guess?

OT - but when im still a noob i cant post pics right? (not that i have remotely figured out how to yet! must figure that one out I love to share photo's and idea's!!)