Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post
Thx FutureMrsRobart! Actually my sis picked that dress, because they aren't tall (but want to look tall, so long dress was out of consideration), and they are size 0 flat chest, so they want to get something to create an illusion. hahaha
I will definately check on the Leah's site.
LOL That must be nice - I never have had to create the illusion of more only less :-s They are lovely! I will say that HDgate (sp?) could have done it for almost 200 dollars cheaper but Leah guaranteed a 99% authentic replication (basically identical without the Pronovias label) and sent me pics of her previous work which required WAY more embroidery and detail on the bodice of the gown, which made me feel confidant that she would have no problem executing mine. I also snagged my veils and still got everything including s&h for just under $500. IF everything pans out with the dress ... a definite deal and a half. Now its just the waiting game but here's to hoping :-)

Nicy - these were the BM shoes i got for £15 so a right 'ole bargain - both my BM loved them I just came across them when i walking through M&S and sent them a picture and bought them there and then. Wouldnt mind a pair myself!

Click the image to open in full size.

FutureMrsRobart - loving the dress - you must be so happy. You will look the bomb!

Bonnie - the BM dress is lovely i had a hard time over this as one of my BM is quite a lot bigger than the other one and like Michelles sister she is very conscious of this so we had to go for the happy medium with a more flowy dress but they look great on. But then i suppose you were the opposite end of the spectrum needing something shorter for 'tiny' BM :-)

I'm all about the flip-flops!!! Especially if you're going to be "celebrating" with some drinky-drinks after the ceremony.

All I know is this: every time I go out dancing with the girls, and I get all done up, wearing high heels etc; after a few drinks my feet are KILLING me and I wish wish wish that I had brought some flats along with. Over the years I've learned that beauty is not worth the pain, so I go out now only wearing comfy shoes wink.gif

It doesn't help that I'm a complete klutz and manage to eat pavement 50 % of the time when I'm wearing heels. And That. Is. Embarrassing cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 View Post
I'm all about the flip-flops!!! Especially if you're going to be "celebrating" with some drinky-drinks after the ceremony.

All I know is this: every time I go out dancing with the girls, and I get all done up, wearing high heels etc; after a few drinks my feet are KILLING me and I wish wish wish that I had brought some flats along with. Over the years I've learned that beauty is not worth the pain, so I go out now only wearing comfy shoes wink.gif

It doesn't help that I'm a complete klutz and manage to eat pavement 50 % of the time when I'm wearing heels. And That. Is. Embarrassing cheesy.gif
lol, I feel your pain....literally! I'm not the best in heels.....although it's when I'm sober that i usually fall (and trust me I fall A LOT....also a fellow klutz!).
The more alcohol, the less i feel my feet! lol

I'm getting a flat sandal as well for my wedding....i want to be able to walk (the dress will give me trouble enough I'm sure) and dance and not worry about my feet hurting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirlcomo View Post
Im a 2011 bride also! Undecided still, but I really like Ceiba del Mar in Puerto Morales:) Anybody have any info or reviews on that hotel?? Or any suggestions on any great all-inclusive in mexicohuh.gif
I don't know too much about this resort other than its also strongly backed on tripadvisor and the WC is very prompt and friendly with her correspondence. It was one of the resorts that we looked at until they told us that they did not offer any wedding packages - you sort of customize and pay as you go. It started to add up quickly so we stuck to the resorts that had pre-packaged wedding options :-) The only other resort that I have been to was last year at The Royal Playa Del Carmen - we would have gone back in a heart beat but unfortunately is A-O and we need something child-friendly :-) As far as I know the rates for June '11 weren't available as yet but I could be wrong. Happy planning :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post
Where has Linhy gone? She's finished her planning and disappeared?....!
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post
Nicy i just noticed you are nearly at the 12month mark!!!!! YAH!!!! 7 sleeps till prices are out in the UK! Whoop!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post
My sisters already picked their BM dresses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 View Post

I sent Linhy a private message yesterday actually to see if she was ok, but no answer, I do hope she is ok, its been a while now since she's been around!!
OMG... Michelle, ARGH, i didnt notice that... nearly at 12 months... I Love it, your not far behind :-) WHOO WHOO!!! I popped into TC on tues (think it was tues... This week anyway) and prices are still on track for thurs... I really am so so excited been waitin so so long havent we!! x

Bonnie.. you are so well organised :-) Well done you!! And I really really Love that bridesmaid dress xoxo

Haha CJb0rder, Your so funny... you remind me of a while back in sept 2007, I was on a night out with my sis and got so paraletic that i cant really remember anything... the next day my arm was black and blue and my boss told me to get to hospital... low and behold Nicola in her stupid heels the night before fell over and i broke my left wrist :-( I was in plaster for 6 weeks!!! It was horrible, and my FI's sister was getting married 4 weeks later so stupid me had a bloody broken wrist at the wedding i think i managed to cover up well though

And thats why im going barefoot for the ceremony :-) I guess were all kinda in the same boat then when it comes to heels!!!

Hey welcome.gif to cowgirlcomo & FutureMrsHolt, Look forward to hearing ALL about your wedding plans :-) x

xoxox

Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
Nicy - these were the BM shoes i got for £15 so a right 'ole bargain - both my BM loved them I just came across them when i walking through M&S and sent them a picture and bought them there and then. Wouldnt mind a pair myself!
I really really like these :-) They are so so cute... I might go back to marks and have a look.. too right they are a bargain at that price, What a fab find xox