Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie22 View Post
I'm torn between bringing my Bose or renting the sound system/ i pod player with the speakers from the resort.

I would be doing the same thing either way, playing my i pod, I'm just affraid that with my Bose out on the cove terrace that the sound will get lost. What to do, What to do :)
Jackie, we are having our cocktail party on the Cove Terrace so if you do use your BOSE system let me know how it goes. How many people are you having at your wedding? sorry if I missed the post with the info..

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One month & 25 Days till my wedding!!!

Working on my pre welcome letter, schedule of events...folder. I'm going to give my packet out to my guests ahead of time with their oot bag so I don't have to lug that with me to Mexico :) Got to get on that this weekend.

I have to make a decision soon. I will let you know. Right now we are at 15 people including bride & groom. We decided on a private dinner on the cove terrace. The private dinner price was for 2 hours I just added on another hour for only $60 (per table of 10).

So we will have our ceremony, the cocktail hour then 3 hours at the cove terrace of dinner, drinking, dancing & cake. 7-10pm.

Then I'm going to have my guest head over to the disco bc that opens at 10pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristiandJamie View Post
Jackie, we are having our cocktail party on the Cove Terrace so if you do use your BOSE system let me know how it goes. How many people are you having at your wedding? sorry if I missed the post with the info..

If I remember correctly, the cove terrace is the terrace connected to the disco. It's like a balcony of the room so that should be nice and convenient for you! Such a great way to get the party started!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelov321 View Post
Del sol is definitely pricey! I think I might end up going with Adrian Herrera, his work is really nice and he fits right into my budget. Im going with the diamond package, it goes with my theme. I did read somewhere, either in my contract or the website, that there is some fee incorporated when using terraces with no elevators. I feel like its just another way to get money out of us lol what package are you going with?
We are still up in the air we also like the diamond package but we are thinking it might be cheaper to just add on all decor and cake options since a big piece of package is the photographer and we were thinking of hiring a private photographer and we did like the horse and carrige idea but what's the use if our guests can't see it. What locations are you using

I feel like its cheaper to have everything added in one package also. Plus, the other little things added in the package makes it feel like its worth the $2300. We're getting married on the Cove side because of my flower girl. Theres been a lot of talk about one gazebo not being horse and carriage "friendly", is it the Cove side gazebo? Have you decided what location youre using?

Hi ladies! i havent been writing on here because we have our engagment party this weekend, so ive been doing all the planning for that...i did place a big order through vista print for a bunch of stuff for the wedding...when it gets here ill let everyone know it is...also I think I found my wedding dress, its a maggie sottero and its beautiful, im trying it on one last time on saturday before the party and if i still get the huge smile on my face like i did the first time i tried it on then im going to buy it...love all this exciting stuff :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymason View Post
We are still up in the air we also like the diamond package but we are thinking it might be cheaper to just add on all decor and cake options since a big piece of package is the photographer and we were thinking of hiring a private photographer and we did like the horse and carrige idea but what's the use if our guests can't see it. What locations are you using
Months ago I signed up for the diamond package and have just recently switched to the complimentary wedding and did add on's. I was able to take the same amount of money I was going to spend on the diamond package-$2300 and taylor make my own package. This way I could get exactly what I wanted.

We didnt need the resort photographer due to the fact I'm using Del Sol.

So now we are doing a private cocktail hours, 3 hour private dinner, mexican trio at cocktail hour, horse drawn carriage, dvd of ceremony, table linens, and sound system for dinner plus all of the things that are included in the complimentary package. (flowers, cake...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie22 View Post
Months ago I signed up for the diamond package and have just recently switched to the complimentary wedding and did add on's. I was able to take the same amount of money I was going to spend on the diamond package-$2300 and taylor make my own package. This way I could get exactly what I wanted.

We didnt need the resort photographer due to the fact I'm using Del Sol.

So now we are doing a private cocktail hours, 3 hour private dinner, mexican trio at cocktail hour, horse drawn carriage, dvd of ceremony, table linens, and sound system for dinner plus all of the things that are included in the complimentary package. (flowers, cake...)
I ended up doing the same thing. I originally signed up for the Sapphire package and after thinking about it made more sense to change to the complimentary packaged. Also if you pick a package you have to go with the flowers in the package and really can't change anything. If you want different flowers you have to pay $180 extra on top of your package!

Plus firworks didnt make sense since we are getting married at 3pm and they shoot them off right after you get married. Also dont think they are the big fireworks and just shoot sparks from the ground. They look a lot like in the pictures on there website...