April 2010 Brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennyt1 View Post
Congrats to all the April 2010 Brides - I hope your wedding are amazing and enjoy your time away!
Oh, and thank you very much- aren't you sweet! Your year will fly by in no time- trust me.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tracy I can't stop laughing that you said its nearly 11am when you got up and that was early! FI and I have both been up by 8am the last couple mornings and on the go the entire day! The flowers are coming along well, but not ready enough to take pictures just yet. Otherwise I finished packing all my OOT bags, all my decorations, all my favours and have a "still to pack" list of bits and pieces to finish off. After that it'll just be finishing the flowers, packing our clothes and printing off anything and everything that I need LOL!

I'm kind of sad that I'll have a few little projects to do once we're down there but that's just the way it worked out for us. Things like my place cards that can't be quite finished ahead of time because we're gluing little umbrellas into a sand-filled tealight holder. But with the glue gun it should go really quickly!!

I'm heading out tomorrow morning as well to pick up some last minute clothes and it'll definitely need to include those few "something specials" as well as some cute undies to wear with my dress - I didn't even remember about that until just the other day! LOL! I'm not wearing a bra with my dress (as you all could guess now!) and the rest just got forgotten with it. LOL!

Michele/Tracy - what day do you girls leave again!?

yay!!!

Happy Wedding Month Ladies!

I bet a lot of you are leaving in only a few weeks - so congratulations and have a lovely wedding and trip!

I wanted to pass on a bit of helpful name change information:

MissNowMrs Online Married Name Change Service

It is a website that essentially walks you through the entire name change process, fills out all your forms and then you print PDF's with instruction sheets for each one! there are 2 prices $20 or $30 which is not bad at all.

I am going to check to be sure they can accept foreign wedding documents - but I know a lot of us probably have to get a local marriage certificate anyways so it may not matter.

Hope it is helpful -- and Happy Weddings to all! Looking forward to seeing pix and reviews ;-)

Mel,

Yah it kinda suck today in the car (in traffic) in black pants lol! but I prepared myself for the next 2 weeks of hot weather in Punta Cana (besides it's going to rain for the rest of the week)

I def went nuts on the labels. Hope everyone finds them funny (or even notice)

Meghan,

8am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh no no no, I would only wake up that early for work!!

I'm sure you got a lot done tho. I'm not a morning person (neither is Fi, so that worked out lol)

I still can't get over you guys waking up so early on a Sat, but I get it some people are morning people (early riser gets the worm I guess!!)

Wow your taking a lot down yourselves, how much luggage weight are you allowed? what decor did you pack?

I'm only bring, centerpiece,candles for the decor, the resort has the chair sash's, and I'm doing a private beach party afterwards that gets decorated with torches. Am I missing something?!?!?!

Your not alone, I'll have a few things to do too while we are done there before the wedding. Make the scrolls and put ribbon, get lots and lots of sand for centerpieces, sand ceremony, me too fold the name cards when we get there (I love your idea with the umbrella in the sand!!!!hope you get a pic of that at the wedding) I can't forget to give the WC all of this!!!

I got lucky, not needing any of the last minute lingerie, I got everything and more from the BD (GEEZ if I wouldn't have said that, i think I would have forgotten the book in my drawer!!!going to put that in the luggage now!)

I leave the 10th (next Saturday)

Michele is either the 8 or 9th... could be completely off tho!!

wow it's coming fast!!!

Thanks Katie for sharing (for me it's different rules cause of Quebec, we would have to pay to actually change our names, I'd lose mine all together, plus it cost $2000) I'm sure this will be helpful for many others.

Jenna,

HAPPY WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been thinking about you, hoping your having an amazing day, having fun!!!! I can't wait to hear back from you, and see all your beautiful pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyG View Post
Happy Easter everyone!! We leave on Tuuuuesday, 2 days away!
wow!!! 2 days!!! Well incase you get busy with all the last min stuff. I want to wish you a happy and joyful wedding. Have fun!!!! Can't wait to hear your review and see your pics!!!
When are you due to come back?

Happy Easter!!!!!!!!

hi Everyone-

I leave Very early thursday - car service is picking us up at 3:15am..smile41.gif but it's worth it to get down there early.

Almost done packing - I'm going to have to switch pocketbooks the day before - We each get one checked bag for free and the 2nd one is only $25 so not too bad - my bags can "nest' inside each other so the one that has my OOT stuff and decorations can go inside the other one.

Our AHR is May 22 - invites are going out Monday - my mom was ok with adding another guest - she's handling these invites and RSVPs - I have enough on my plate right now.

I kind of wish I took this whole week off - unfortunately i don't get paid if I don't work so it's hard - definitely need the $$$ - finding it hard to concentrate on things!

Hope you all have a nice Easter -

Wow Kimmy, two more days! And not many more than that for both Tracy and Michele! So exciting!!! Michele - it's going to be so hard to sleep on Wednesday night knowing that you have to get up so early anyways! Hopefully you're one of those people who can sleep on the plane. And everyone don't forget your neck pillows too!

Tracy - we're flying with Westjet so each person is allowed two pieces of luggage weighing 20kgs (44lbs) per piece within certain size measurements. Plus we're allowed two pieces of carry-on baggage too but since I have my dress and everything to worry about, I'm hoping to only have one piece of carry-on. I'm not even sure that we'll use three full bags between FI and I combined, maybe four depending how our mugs pack in to the rest. So right now I've got two bags that I'll have to pass off which is easy with our friends flying down with us. And like Michele, everything extra that I pack will easily all fit into a single piece for the return trip so there won't be any worries at all coming home. I'll just have to worry about hiding a few bottles of liquor cheesy.gif