Petite and tiny brides :)

Since we all seem to be a bunch of shorties...i'm 5'1-100 pounds, i'm wondering if you all are wearing heels?? My FI is 6'5 so he TOWERS over me but i'm uncomfortable in heels so I want to wear flip flops. I just don't want to look so small compared to him for my wedding pics & such. I'm getting my dress altered to fit with flip flops so wearing heels even for pics might look funny and the dress may be to short. Anyone else having this problemhuh.gif

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldal101010 View Post
Since we all seem to be a bunch of shorties...i'm 5'1-100 pounds, i'm wondering if you all are wearing heels?? My FI is 6'5 so he TOWERS over me but i'm uncomfortable in heels so I want to wear flip flops. I just don't want to look so small compared to him for my wedding pics & such. I'm getting my dress altered to fit with flip flops so wearing heels even for pics might look funny and the dress may be to short. Anyone else having this problemhuh.gif
I think you'll be fine in flip flops. Since you are hemming the dress to fit flats, stick with the flats. Another 2-3 inches isn't going to hide the fact that he's much taller. My FI is much taller too, but I don't think my heels will make a difference -- i'm still tiny next to him even if I wear 4.5 inch platforms.

Plus, if your ceremony is on the beach, flip flops will be more comfy for your walk down the aisle.

Sungoddess- How awesome! That is too cool we have just about the same measurements and ended up with the same dress! I guess thats a sign cheesy.gif Do you have your dress yet? I have mine sitting in the spare room eating me alive cuz I wanna peak at it every 10 minutes to make sure its ok! haha.

Oh && I recently decided I liked the idea of heels for the reception (I'm going barefoot for the wedding and bought cute bride flip flops for the reception) but I already have my dress cut to fit my flip flops so thats out of the picture. Its nice to feel tall sometimes. FI's friends are all around 6'5" and they like to pick on me about it. I have heard more short jokes than a comedians daughter! Guess my wedding day will be no different :P I have learned to get used to it over the years. But ohhh.. I must share this.. for my TTD shoot.. FI is having his car in some of them so I totally wanna do this..

Click the image to open in full size.

He has a '03 Roush Mustang that is his current wife wink.gif so I'd like to get me some heels and replicate this picture with both of his wives cheesy.gif Since shes pulling her dress up you'll never know my dress is too short with heels cheesy.gif yay! Now off to find some hot red heels!

I just found this thread. I can totally relate to you girls. The only difference is that I have trouble because I am tiny and sorta tall 5'7, 105 and a size 0 or even 00 sometimes. When I went to David's Bridal I had the hardest time trying to find dresses I liked! They claim to have many sizes but in most of the styles I liked the smallest size they had was a 4 and most looked frumpy on me. I decided to get my dress made from one of the China knockoff companies. I sent in my measurements and it fits perfect! I couldn't be happier with my choice.

wow, you ladies are TEENY TINY! i thought i was small at 5"4' and 110 pounds, but yikes! was able to get my dress in a 2 and all i needed was to have the hem shortened and the bustle added. i know, i totally lucked out.

a 21-inch waist and a D chest!? you must be near barbie proportions! i'm amazed that you can find ANYthing to fit you!

Yeah really!!!!

That's awesome you got one that fit you - I am SO excited to get mine back, just to see how it feels once it fits! I'm sitting at 110, but I am only 5'2. I'm tiny, but unfortunately it all sits at my legs/butt. ahha - so I'm not trying to lose weight, but I am definately targeting those areas.

I am with everyone on this... It was a nightmare finding a dress since I am so small. I am 5'2" and 104 so I am still bigger then a lot of you, so I could only imagine your painsad.gif. And then, I ended up buying a dress from a bride who canceled her wedding in a size 2. Holy cow, not sure that was the best idea! Over $500 in alterations so far to get it down to my sizesad.gif.

Where has everyone been going for their honeymoon attire? Sometimes I feel like everything I try on looks frumpy since I am so tiny. I have really come to like Ann Taylor Loft (some of their clothes go all the way down to a petite xxs or 00 petite!), BR petites or Jcrew petites.

Any great shops you have heard of and LIKE for petite girls on the honeymoon outfit front is much appreciated!!!