Question about Victoria Secret Dresses??

I'm in Canada too and I've ordered from VS a lot with no problems. Their things always get here really quickly and I'd say the sizing information they give you on the site is pretty accurate. I've never ordered one of those dresses but I've ordered other clothes and bathing suits and always really liked whatever I got. Good luck!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldal101010 View Post
Hi ladies,

I'm from Canada and there is no Victoria Secret located here and I was looking online at purchasing my BM dresses through them. I just want to purchase something like...

Victoria's Secret - The Beach Dress

or along those lines. My BMs picked them because they are so beachy. They want a dress they could wear over again if they wanted.

My question to all of you who have ever purchased from VS is what is the fit like. Is it very clingy and unforgiving? My BMs are tiny so that shouldn't be a problem, but I'd still like to be able to tell them if the dress will stick to their body like glue. Any info on these or any beachy dresses for VS would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
I'll let you know when i get home - my order arrived today and got the beach dress in Orange! Their dresses generally fit well. if it looks tight on the model it's a fitted dress - the beach dress is 18' from the waist so it's not very long but not too short either.
Ok - so i got the dress, size medium in 18' length. i am 5'4", size 8, C cup

Personally, i think it's a little too casual for a BM dress but maybe with the right accessories. it's just above the knee on me and not too form fitted, but it is a bit plunging and it's tshirt material.

Good luck!

I don't think the dress is very formal at all. I think their sizing is pretty accurate; however, I have a shirt from victorias secret that is almost identical to the dress top. My chest pops way out in that dress and i honestly wore it once for that reason. The girls were not just out a little, and i am a C cup. I would get the longer length if you can and if any of the girls have a large chest i would maybe reconsider this dress. It's totally your decision and your bridesmaids, but like you said you dont want their chests to be out the whole day. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Yeah, definitley not wanting to have them wear those anymore.

I've decided to go for this one instead...

Victoria's Secret - Daytime jersey A-line Convertible Dress in solids

Its still beachy and they can wear it over again, and seems to be the perfect length. Plus it can be worn 7 different ways...Bonus :)

Thanks for your help everyone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldal101010 View Post
Yeah, definitley not wanting to have them wear those anymore.

I've decided to go for this one instead...

Victoria's Secret - Daytime jersey A-line Convertible Dress in solids

Its still beachy and they can wear it over again, and seems to be the perfect length. Plus it can be worn 7 different ways...Bonus :)

Thanks for your help everyone!!!

We ordered that exact dress for our bridesmaids in Blackberry and they all love the dress and I have a couple of girls who aren't super thin. The dress is very flatering and they can wear it any way they want. Some of the style options are really nice and will look very pretty on the beach.

Before I ordered them I found a dress in the same colour on ebay for $70 that I bought as a test dress so the girls could check it out and then decide if it was for them. Well they all have their dresses now and can't stop trying them on to figure out which way they want to wear them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallarta_2009 View Post
Sorry - we didn't get the A-line, we got the flirty convertible dresses:

Victoria's Secret - Flirty Convertible Dress
Vallarta-

The first one you said (VS A line) is exactly what I was thinking for my BM's.
Did you find that it was still a good purchase/deal with the shipping/duty costs?
You answered my questions before I even got a chance to ask them regarding the style and look. All 4 of my BM's have diff body types (very thin, to tall and curvy! ) and I was hoping that a convertible dress would work as they could make it look best on their body!
Thanks for the post!
I'm definitly going to show this to them and see what they think
Cheerssmile159.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallarta_2009 View Post
We ordered that exact dress for our bridesmaids in Blackberry and they all love the dress and I have a couple of girls who aren't super thin. The dress is very flatering and they can wear it any way they want. Some of the style options are really nice and will look very pretty on the beach.

Before I ordered them I found a dress in the same colour on ebay for $70 that I bought as a test dress so the girls could check it out and then decide if it was for them. Well they all have their dresses now and can't stop trying them on to figure out which way they want to wear them!
Thanks Heather!! Your comment just reinforces the idea to buy those ones!! I hope my BMs will be as excited about them as yours are :)

I'm going to get them these shoes to wear as well...They are so cute i'm going to get a pair for myself to!!

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/comm...ZZZ&rfnbr=7151

Quote:
Originally Posted by CND_Redhead View Post
Vallarta-

The first one you said (VS A line) is exactly what I was thinking for my BM's.
Did you find that it was still a good purchase/deal with the shipping/duty costs?
You answered my questions before I even got a chance to ask them regarding the style and look. All 4 of my BM's have diff body types (very thin, to tall and curvy! ) and I was hoping that a convertible dress would work as they could make it look best on their body!
Thanks for the post!
I'm definitly going to show this to them and see what they think
Cheerssmile159.gif
We actually shipped them to a friend in the states who them sent them to me. I saved money this way because I was able to take advantage of some of some of the promo's they have which are only good in the states.

I'm not sure about the A-line, but the flirty dress is very flowy and although the material is Jersey/cotton it doesn't cling it just flows away from the body.
If you can, I would do the test dress thing on ebay - if you're bridesmaids are in the same city as you.

Good luck!