Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysgirl View Post
Ok this may be silly, but for you lovely ladies that have already been to the Riu....is the shampoo, conditioner, lotion that is provided at the resort decent? I really don't want to pack this if theirs isn't too bad. Also, is there a hair dyer in the roomhuh.gif

Thanks!
GREAT questions I was wondering the same things (shampoo/condit/hair dryer). Thanks for asking!

Samira- I just looked at your photographers websites- both are great! But IMHO, I am with you. I really loved Daniels work. I'm no photographer, but his use of lighting, and the way that he captured the best of candid moments was awesome! But you really cannot go wrong with either of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTrunck View Post
Samira- I just looked at your photographers websites- both are great! But IMHO, I am with you. I really loved Daniels work. I'm no photographer, but his use of lighting, and the way that he captured the best of candid moments was awesome! But you really cannot go wrong with either of them

I agree with you about Daniel's work I booked him late last night for our wedding! I am ecstatic!!! He is super nice and responds so fast with any questions that I had :-)

hi ladies,

just checking on you.

katie,im so sorry i missed you i think you leff today?hope you have a great time.i understand your worry about the restaraunt and ael but please dont worry you will be able to sort it out with her during your meeting.it will all work out.

sammysgirl+ladytrunk,dont worry you have soo little to lose you can do i know you can.when it gets nearer you will lose it to stress lol.

chloe,congratulations it sounds like you had a fab time.

its nice to see all of the old brides to be and the newbies are still helping each other out.

have fun ladies i am still sooo enjoying married life its great.we are still into drinking champagne it must stop lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysgirl View Post
Ok this may be silly, but for you lovely ladies that have already been to the Riu....is the shampoo, conditioner, lotion that is provided at the resort decent? I really don't want to pack this if theirs isn't too bad. Also, is there a hair dyer in the roomhuh.gif

Thanks!
Hi Sammysgirl,
They have an all-in-one shampoo/body soap/face soap in the shower. I thought that was it until we were there for almost a week and then housekeeping started to put small bottles of shower gel, shampoo & conditioner in the room. There is also body lotion, but no sunscreen. So....I would bring your own hair products just to be safe:) They do have a hairdryer in the room as well.
~Alexis

I agree with Alexis ! Bring your own hair products. My FI and I went to the RPRM last year before we booked our wedding to check it out and I didn't like the shampoo and conditioner , but I have semi naturally curly hair so I have to use certain products so it doesn't get frizzy! Any thoughts on how to keep your hair from getting frizzy on the wedding day ladies?? Did everyone like their hair that the ladies at the resort did? I know these are silly questions and if you have already answered them Im sorry there are just so many posts I haven't been able to get through all of them yet.

Sorry- That posted way before it was supposed to! Not used to posting on this site!

My fiance and I are leaving for our wedding on Tuesday and will be getting married on Saturday, March 27th... I haven't been great about posting but have been reading through every post as we've planned out wedding.

We have 26 people including ourselves coming to the wedding and I've confirmed that we will be able to have dinner at Chili's and everyone can order off the menu... I freaked out about that the other day after reading some of the other posts.

We're planning on taking our guests all to Carboncitos in Playa del Carmen the night before for the groom's dinner... my fiance did all the research and is really excited about it.

As for the ceremony... we're doing is at the gazebo. I ordered the chairbows through elegant perspectives (thanks to one of the brides I saw recommended that on this site!!) My fiance found music to play while we walk down and walk back. We're then having our cocktail hour in the lobby bar... I asked Ael if we could move it to the terrace but she said something about that being for people that have over 50 guests... I'm hoping once we tell her we want the trio (for our first dance and background music) she will tell us move it outside.

As for out of town bags- I ordered the bags through JoAnn fabrics for $4.99 a piece (they're microfiber bags that have an inside pocket for valuables). My sister is screen printing them all with our palm tree logo. We ordered travel mugs through discountmugs.com and have first aid kits, advil, SPF chapstick, playing cards, crossword puzzle books and pens incuded in the bags. I also did formal invitations with a list of all of our guests and a place for everyone to put everyone else's room numbers, an itinerary and a map.

We're flying our photographer down from Minnesota but are thinking about getting the videographer...

I'll be sure to let you all know my thoughts when I return. By the way- I know some people have had some frustrations with Ael but she's been really responsive and consistent with me (possibly because the smaller number of people we have coming down).

Happy planning ladies!!! And for all those married ladies... thanks for all the advice! I could not have done this all without you!

-Jessica