Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinB View Post
I guess it depends on which resort you choose, but it is very easy to get married in Jamaica - just as easy as getting married in the US. I had no trouble with the social security office, bank, etc. using my Jamaican marriage certificate.

I know the process is more involved in Mexico and so pther places.

If you decide to go with JA, then you really don't need to be married before hand.
This is why we chose JA over Mexico. I wanted our wedding day to be "our wedding day" and not have us walking down the aisle knowing we were technically already married! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinB View Post
I guess it depends on which resort you choose, but it is very easy to get married in Jamaica - just as easy as getting married in the US. I had no trouble with the social security office, bank, etc. using my Jamaican marriage certificate.

I know the process is more involved in Mexico and so pther places.

If you decide to go with JA, then you really don't need to be married before hand.
how does that work with jamaica? would you be able to tell me what the requirements are? also, how long do you have to wait for the marriage certificate.... and I guess it is legal in the US?

thanks for all the answers... sorry for all of the questions!

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie1073 View Post
I am getting married at Sandals Negril and we have 2 singles coming, the MOH and the BM. They are going to share a room just to save on costs even though they have only just met each other! We considered Beaches for them, as it is right next to the Sandals, but then they would only be allowed one day pass to join us for the wedding, and the other 4 days they are in Jamaica, they would have to stay on the Beaches property, or we would have to meet them off the resorts. We wanted both of them to enjoy time with us through the week, not just the day of the wedding, so they opted to share a room, as friends, at Sandals. Sandals Negril would have let them have their own rooms, but they didn't want to pay double occupancy.

Hope this helps :)
We are getting married in Negril also in May! I haven't seen a lot of ppl on here that are going to Negril. We are staying at Sandals but getting married off resort. I am also from PA

Hi Jamaica0510!

Another Negril bride :) You will have to share pics when you get back. Are you staying at the same resort for the whole trip? We are doing Sandals Negril for one week for the wedding, and then when our friends leave, we are transferring over to the Sandals Whitehouse for a honeymoon week. How did you arrange an off premise ceremony? Was it difficult?

There are a lot of us from PA! I live right outside Philly in Delaware County...Don't know Lancaster very well, except for the outlets!

Rachel

• 2 months later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie1073 View Post
Hi Jamaica0510!

Another Negril bride :) You will have to share pics when you get back. Are you staying at the same resort for the whole trip? We are doing Sandals Negril for one week for the wedding, and then when our friends leave, we are transferring over to the Sandals Whitehouse for a honeymoon week. How did you arrange an off premise ceremony? Was it difficult?

There are a lot of us from PA! I live right outside Philly in Delaware County...Don't know Lancaster very well, except for the outlets!

Rachel
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. It was amazing! We didn't want to come back! We only stayed the one week at Sandals Negril. Two weeks would have been great but not in our budget. I am going to post a review that will hopefully be helpful to anyone going there when I get a chance.

It wasn't hard to do the off resort wedding, I found a good wedding planner who made everything wonderful. Jamaica Wedding Planner, Negril Wedding Planner, Weddings in Jamaica, Destination Weddings, Wedding Planner in Jamaica, Getting married in Jamaica, Wedding in Jamaica That is her website Dawn Sherman was who I dealt with. I told her our budget and she took care of everything. I will work on getting some pics on here. I do have a few on facebook if you are on there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaica0510 View Post
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. It was amazing! We didn't want to come back! We only stayed the one week at Sandals Negril. Two weeks would have been great but not in our budget. I am going to post a review that will hopefully be helpful to anyone going there when I get a chance.

It wasn't hard to do the off resort wedding, I found a good wedding planner who made everything wonderful. Jamaica Wedding Planner, Negril Wedding Planner, Weddings in Jamaica, Destination Weddings, Wedding Planner in Jamaica, Getting married in Jamaica, Wedding in Jamaica That is her website Dawn Sherman was who I dealt with. I told her our budget and she took care of everything. I will work on getting some pics on here. I do have a few on facebook if you are on there?

Can't wait to read the review and see some pictures! I am on facebook so PM me your name and I will look you up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaica0510 View Post

We were originally booked in Negril - I LOVE it there!! Would love to see your pics on fb if you want to PM me with you fb info :)

If you still prefer to get married in the US legally first, I'm pretty sure you can put a rush on the marriage certificate. We're doing our legal papers in Canada first before we go to Cuba and I think for around $60 you can get your marriage certificate the next day. I assume that option should be available in the States as well.