ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is so strange your TA said April is a rainy month. I did tons of research and found that April is their driest month with the least amount of rainfall, even less than what rains in Feb & March. That is the reason why i booked in April.

O well, i pray for no rain! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astreit View Post
Does anyone know the dress codes for the restaurants? I'm writing my pre-travel letter and am trying to put the dress code for each restaurant so my guests can pack according to where they want to eat. I have VERY casual guests coming, so most of the guys will need to go buy dress pants. I know some allow beach clothes though, I'm just not sure which ones. Thanks!
This is on my to do list over the next couple of weeks, too. I would love to see yours if you are willing to share it when you are finished with it. Thanks!

diana&steve0304 - April 3, 2010

Shining - April 17, 2010

kimmy44 - April 21, 2010

jcooper79 - April 22, 2010

aerazo - April 23, 2010

llm78 - April 25, 2010

kimmy44 - April 28, 2010

AprilandRyan - May 1, 2010

jennie.lewis - May 7, 2010

SDbeachgirl - May 7, 2010

LynnieS - May 14, 2010

Lexibride - May 15, 2010

tutti1299 - May 15, 2010

dianep - May 15, 2010 (gran)

astreit - May 16, 2010

boolo318 - May 28, 2010

Denisema00 - May 29, 2010

Lady_Di - May 29, 2010

candicemarie - June 5, 2010

kenlyn8984 - June 10, 2010

~Stephanie~ - June 11, 2010

super19 - June 21, 2010

louise_pernell - June 25, 2010

2mckee- June 27, 2010

cinny726 - June 2010

Pattie - June 2010

Jamk32179- September 18, 2010

smckinney22 - October 9, 2010

ReidCapote - October 24, 2010

Shirley_Ken - October 28, 2010

Natalie79 - October 30, 2010

Celine- November 5, 2010

bmlynch - November 6, 2010

Randi - November 11, 2010

Trinas79 - November 11, 2010

jesmcan - November 12, 2010

futuremrs1113-November 13, 2010

giraffexx - November 19, 2010

mslisaaragon - November 22, 2010

Lisa DSO- November 24, 2010

Jenny310 - November 27, 2010

MichaelandAraceli- December 18, 2010

FutureMrsYak- January 11,2011

pineapplebride - *maybe* April 2011

speedy130 - May 7, 2011

stevensfiance - 2010 -Royal, Cancun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny310 View Post
Hey Lisa DSO we are getting married a few days apart! I'm actually flying in on the 21st. So I'll def see you there. Did you book you flight and hotel yet?
I'm actually doing that next week! Awesome, we will have to have a drink or two ;-).

Quote:
Originally Posted by astreit View Post
Does anyone know the dress codes for the restaurants? I'm writing my pre-travel letter and am trying to put the dress code for each restaurant so my guests can pack according to where they want to eat. I have VERY casual guests coming, so most of the guys will need to go buy dress pants. I know some allow beach clothes though, I'm just not sure which ones. Thanks!
There is a dress code for men at the Maria Marie's French/Mexican restaurant (one of the best in my opinion). Men need to wear shoes and long pants. Women can pretty much wear whatever they want at any of the restaurants.

Note: Not all guests have access to the Chef's plate restaurant - only those who upgrade to ocean view/ocean front and have VIP treatment can go to this restaurant... so I didn't get to try it. They wanted us to pay 80$ per person x 7 nights for the upgrade.. they were out of their minds!

Hi everyone! I just got back from a week's stay at the Royal in PDC.

We witnessed 3 weddings during our stay.. one in the lobby garden (Mexican, local wedding) with like 100 guests.. it rained (spitted a bit) around 6h30, everyone went into the lobby for about 25 mins and when it was over, everyone went back outside.. not much harm done.

Another wedding was on the beach (near the beach entrance, beside the pool).. VERY close to all the beach chairs, no intimacy, in front of everyone.. if you want to get married on the beach.. you might want to rethink this one since the location isn't that great! Prepare to have everyone watching and possibly walking behind, etc.

The last wedding was very small in the gazebo. Less traffic in this area (at the end of the large courtyard near the beach, but not on it). This was my favourite set up by far! I'm attaching pictures to give you an idea of the way things look... I hope it helps a few of you.

Tips and advice:

- Get up early (6h30 max) to reserve chairs on beach and at pool

- Try to sit on the left side of the pool when facing beach or else you get shade all afternoon on the right side of pool (jacuzzi side)

- Restaurants are amazing, you will eat like queens and kings..

- Say NO to the sales meeting the first morning (they will say it's not timesharing but it is.. we were stuck there for 3 hours because they wanted us to be club members and they will deal you down but they lie lie lie so just refuse and don't get sucked in like us.)

- Do order room service it is absolutely yummy, especially breakfast (beats the buffet hands down). You can order bottles of wine or sparkling wine with room service no problem

- Very windy in the evenings, bring long sleeved shirts, especially if you want to eat at Pelicanos restaurant, which has no wind protection, it's all open

- 5th Avenue is 2 blocks away from the hotel. Coco bongo + other clubs are within a 5-min walk

- The shows SUCK, they are cheesy and corny and not worth it... plus they only start at 9h45 (a bit late).

- If you're a light sleeper and go to bed early, ask for your room to be far from the lobby.. the music and shows are so loud until at least 11pm so don't expect to sleep easily at this time

- Activity team at the beach is amazing.. Rosario, Adam and Oscar will stand out.. they get points if you give them good comments on your checkout survey, the employees get days off if they have enough points

- Asiana restaurant is amazing. The restaurants across the street at Gran Porto Real are good, but the service is one notch down from Royal.. but it can be different to go over there.

I guess that's about it.. if any of you have more questions, feel free. I'll try to check back in this thread often to help out! :)

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Wow, that's so cool! What time is your ceremony? I think a lot of us girls are going to meet up sometime for a drink when we are down there. Would love to have you there!!
That sounds like fun! I am definitely in for a Bride Cocktail, just let me know when and where! Our ceremony is at 5pm on the beach, garden reception! Yours?? We will be there from 5.10 to 5.18, and have 35 confirmed guests so far. Are all of your guests able to stay at The Royal?? I have 4 guests (and bridal party at that!) that had to book at the Gran Porto next door due to being booked...

Everyone probably knows this, but just in case you don't... If guests book Master Suite rooms at the Gran Porto next door they do not have to buy day passes to The Royal, they can come and go as they please! This is a cheaper route for guest staying a week, but it was cheaper for a couple of my 3-night guests to just get the basic room and pay the day pass fee.