Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbeern View Post
We are having about 20 ppl.. our wedding is at the Gazebo, reception at the Bordeaux Terrace... private dinner..

We have a 4 year old coming... and we aren't sure if we need to, but should we bring a child car seathuh.gif
great size wedding! and love the gazebo and bordeaux terrace (my exact same choices lol).
I am not sure if you should bring the car seat or not... maybe if you feel that you need it for the drive from the airport to the hotel. I'm not sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Melissa~ View Post
When we were there last June Andrea and Jason had cups made but I don't remember seeing anyone use them actually sad.gif The cups they provide you with are pretty big... let me see if I can find a picture to show ya.

Click the image to open in full size.

So you can kind of see actually the mugs (the blue ones) from Andrea and then the beer glasses. For the fruity drinks they use a similar style. They're very tall and plastic if I can remember correctly.
We experienced the same thing, we gave out travel mugs before we left and pretty much no one brought them and only a few used them... I thought it was kind of a waste... IMOsmile27.gifwink.gif

Quote:
We are having about 20 ppl.. our wedding is at the Gazebo, reception at the Bordeaux Terrace... private dinner..

We have a 4 year old coming... and we aren't sure if we need to, but should we bring a child car seathuh.gif
We had 4 & 5 yrs and didn't bring any car seats... everything was fine, but it's up to you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam View Post
We had 4 & 5 yrs and didn't bring any car seats... everything was fine, but it's up to you...
Thanks Tam! We didn't know if the DR had any specific requirements... it will only be for to and from the resort from the airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdavis23 View Post
Ladies theres always that little clause that each resort puts on there "prices are subject to change" which basically means we can charge you whatever we want and that really sucks. Like Jen said when I picked DPC it was the cheapest of all the reosrts for everything you got and now since they jack the prices up its about the same as some other resorts. The only benefit that I will say is that alcohol is included, I have seen alot of DR resorts make you pay extra for open bar, on top of paying for your dinner and cocktail hour.

For everyone that has had their prices jacked up....are you using a travel agent? I am getting married in may at DPC, and booked my wedding LAST May. I was FURIOUS when they changed all of my prices, because like you, one of the reason I picked DPC was for the prices. My travel agent contacted the resort, and explained the situation. They said that because I had booked so far in advance, they would honor ALL 2009 prices. For EVERYTHING (minus the rooms). So all of my wedding costs, reception, cocktail hour, EVERYTHING. I would definitely have your travel agents call them and raise hell. The resorts don't want to lose the relationship with the agents, because that's how they get a lot of business! It is worth a try!! My travel agent just called last month, and got it all worked out.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!

Quote:
Thanks Tam! We didn't know if the DR had any specific requirements... it will only be for to and from the resort from the airport.

I have been trying to decide on the same thing. My son will be 2 1/2 by the time we get married in May, and I can't decide if I want to bring the car seat. I mean, it is ONLY one car ride. BUT, it is almost an hour (I think like 45 minutes?) to the resort from the airport. I don't know if you've been to the DR before, but like most other countries its size/wealth level, its a free-for-all on the roads. I'm sure the shuttle will be MUCH safer than other modes of transportation, but the other drivers....BEWARE! THAT is the only thing that concerns me...the length of the drive, and the agressive drivers. Still can't decide what to do....

Do you know how far in advance you booked? I think I booked my in July 09, so I don't know if they will honor it but I'll see about having my girl look at it. I'm kind of annoyed by the price change to but since I'm doing the ultimate that one really didn't change too much.

I was thinking about putting my favors in the welcome totes, along with the other welcome gifts. I like the winestopper idea as well.Do you think that's ok? I just didnt know if people are going to want to carry another thing after the reception. My totes include custom coozies, magnetic picture frames, gum, personalized chapstick and sunscreen, trail mix, granola bars, wine stoppers, fancy soap, cookie cutters. I think thats it so far.... I think I am going overboard with items for the bags but oh well, its fun to buy stuff!

Also, I'm bringing my daughter who will be 18 months and I'm definitely bringing a car seat - I know she is a bit younger then the other kids you guys have been mentioning but I've heard the ride in from the airport is really rough and bumpy. And we also need the carseat for the drive to the airport un nyc