April 2010 Brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
okay april ladies, i need your help! we're planning our AHR right now (wedding stage 4 as i call it) and we're having a family friend take pictures (she's also a pro photog). i really want to do a guestbook with the whiteboard pictures... don't know if you've seen it but it's where people write messages on whtie boards and take a picture with it. WELL, the photog doesn't think it's a good idea for her to get chased down every time a picture is going to get taken. i want all of the pictures on one camera, and i worry about leaving one there for people to use. anyone have an idea on how to remedy this? if it takes too much thought i may just pass on the idea, but for now i'm still trying to figure it out!!
I would suggest assigning a responsible friend to be in charge of just the guestbook pictures. I can understand your pro photog wanting to keep focused on other things. If you pull her to do the guestbooks pics, she may miss some crucial key moments you'd rather have her be focusing on. At least you'll be keeping all the guestbook photos on one camera. And I would definitely not leave a camera out for people to use, unless it's an instant polaroid.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the whiteboard is being passed around, would the quality of a disposable camera be sufficient? That way you wouldn't have to worry where the photog was at any given time. You could tape a note to the back of the whiteboard saying that when one camera was used up, please deposit it in _X_ location and pick up a new one there too!?!

Otherwise, I'd be heading out to walmart and buying a kids digital camera. They're reasonably priced, come in all sorts of fun colours and are usually a little more durable since they're meant for kids anyways which means you wouldn't have to worry quite as much about how the camera is being handled by so many guests. Kids Camera Reviews (with prices!!) or this one Cameras for kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
Otherwise, I'd be heading out to walmart and buying a kids digital camera. They're reasonably priced, come in all sorts of fun colours and are usually a little more durable since they're meant for kids anyways which means you wouldn't have to worry quite as much about how the camera is being handled by so many guests. Kids Camera Reviews (with prices!!) or this one Cameras for kids

This is an excellent idea!!! I may steal it. Our AHR is on a party barge on the lake and this would give us peace of mind in case it gets wets or dropped.

i like the idea of assigning someone to do it! knowing J's friends, if someone didn't watch over it, we'd have a camera full of inappropriate pictures! at least with a digital you can erase them though, right?! i actually have a friend who LOVES to take pictures, so i may ask her what she thinks about that! thanks girls!

I can't believe some of you have enough courage to plan your DW and your AHR. I can't even think about it at least until we get back! lol. I haven't even booked a place!

Good for you.

And I totally like your idea about the photo guest book!!! :) :)

Nat and Michele, I'm with you in the panic boat!!!!! I can't sleep it's been a month. I'm blaming it on my pillow but I've recently bought 4 different pillows and it's no difference.. I don't think it's the pillow lol.

I'm with you girls, FI on the couch by his choice just to get a restful night sleep because I'm tossing to much or hitting him (LOL!!!!) I think we wont sleep together again until the wedding as well.

On weekends I get 'upset' with the FI saying he always has a good sleep, while I'm stressing over everything. He just laughs at me (Not nice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ76 View Post
Ugh, sorry I guess that was a confusing comment!!

I KNOW about the Bachelorette party this weekend!!and I'm going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY YAY and YAY! and DID NOT know about the stripper...but we have talked about it just not on this forum, so it's not like I haven't commented on it!! My beliefs are pretty much the same as everyone else...it would have been murder!!!!!!!!!! Mel, so true with the difference between a stage and a personal one at home!

Oh I am sooooooo happy your able to make it to Meghan's bachelorette Party, it's going to be so much fun with the whole theme and all. I'm totally jealous lol.

Oh ok!!! lol. I'm with you, someoe would have been murdered. And being on stage and in your face is so different. It's why I didn't care my FI went to a strip club (He made it to his, I didn't lol) I just didn't want him having a dance. It all went well he didn't get one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
So now I am SO HAPPY we are not having bachelor/bachelorette parties, although paintball and rollerskating would probably be awesome for me...it's sad when someone has to try and mess with your happiness Meghan, but I agree with the other girls that something is lacking in his life that he wanted to get a stripper for your FI...it sounds like you guys have a strong relationship so it isn't an issue, and sometimes you realize who your real friends are at times like these. Sad but true.

If any of my friends ask me for wedding advice in the future, I'll def suggestion, more like urge people to have a Jack and Jill party lol

I just can't say it enough just love the theme roller skating idea!!!

it is really getting down to the final countdown - I'm still waiting for orders to come in of my (free) tshirts...ok i paid for some of them from vistaprint...they were 80% off...I actually woke up in a panic last night about it....i've been so calm till now, but with the new job and getting"final information" emails from the WC I think it's starting to set in for me.

I too wake up, saying to myself.. oh no I forgot all about xxxx and now I need to get up and put it on my list. It's driving me nuts, I just want to sleep!!!

Ah well 80% isn't to bad at all. So how many Tshirts did you actually need?!

At least you have good contact with your WC.. I can't say the same sad.gif which makes me even more nervous!

I have no list written down - it would probably be helpful to do that...I just have things running through my mind when I'm trying to sleep - FI went in the other room last night....I think we're sleeping separately till the wedding nowcrybaby2.gif because I'm tossing and turning so much.

No List?!?! Maybe you should just throw one together real quick, might help you sleep! I have tons of them if you want one, you can just take the things off they may not concern you and add some that might.

I even started packing in hopes it'll help me sleep (didn't work)

I have my first fitting on Thursday - hopefully it will be ok - I know it will have to be taken in.

Ohhh so exciting!!! Taking it in will def not be a problem, nothing to worry about!! can't wait to see your pics.. going to look stunning!!!

i'm really glad I got this job but starting a job right before the wedding might not have been the best idea!

I def admire you for taking a job so close to the wedding, must def make things a little more stressful, but we're almost there so the stress wont be for to much longer, hang in there!!!

Anyone else panicking?

Or is it just me?

Tracy, did you make brochures or postcards from Vistaprint?

No not yet, as I'd love to have a list of the guest and then when we get there put everyone's room # on there. And I'm still waiting to see if 6 guest will be coming or not (they said if the price drops and they can find a weekend flight they'll come,and they'd book after spring break)Well doesn't tell ME much!! so I'm waiting, not so patiently.

I had a laugh about your template, FI re formatted for me a litte bit (I screwed things up lol so it wasn't lining up right) and he tried to take the credit for making the whole brochure, so I told him I was telling on him (to you) that his trying to take YOUR credit.. I wouldn't let that happen tho!! you did too good of a job!

lol.

Meghan, again sorry your having to go through all of this crap. No bride deserve this. But Erin is so right.. try your hardest not to allow these people to ruin anything for you.

And Make sure you have a great day on Saturday.

Your def having an amazing turn out, plus Suzy will be there!! that's supper amazing!!!

Try to make light of your situation a little bit. My bach party was great, until my BM (the one I had the problem with the whole dress thing and everything else, the spacey one!)

got soooo drunk,she first told some of my friends if they didn't like how she was being, the could leave!!!

then she went to the second floor of the pub,got on top of a table and started stripping!!!! (which by the way got out kicked out of the pub)

well I was as drunk as her (but I would never strip) I was just having a good time, partying like any bride to be so it's not like I was able to look after her. The one sober enough so happen to be my poor sister in law who had to be up at 6:30am the next morning for her son. So I feel horrible about that, plus my other friends she told they could leave. All awhile not remembering a single thing at that point of the night (btw I was a bar tender for 2 years I can def handle my alcohol, and never have not remembered my night)

so there isn't much I can so or do besides just keep apologizing. How embarrassing, especially for the BM too because she's never done anything like that either! but a lot of ppl are mad at her in a way (still trying to remember she was so drunk out of her mind) but I'm def in the middle of all this 'drama'

Well that is my story of my bach party! embarrest.gif

smile27.gif

Wow, those bachelor/bachelorette party are so full of drama, girls! I was sad to miss that since we're not telling anyone, but now I'm a bit relieved. (But still a bit jealous!)

Meghan, your FH friends were definitely not OK to do that against yours and your FH wishes. While I have no problem, this is just a matter of respecting the couple. Sorry about that, and keep up your spirit, the big day is coming!

And Tracy, that is so embarrassing for your friend... I have night I don't remember very well from my youth, but this is too much! She's probably feel so bad inside, I don't understand why people around have to make her feel worse. It won't change a thing anyway, and it should be about caring for you!

oh wow tracy.. i'm so sorry you had to deal with all of that!! it doesn't seem like anyone can go through the process without there being some kind of drama! J's bachelor party is this weekend and there will be no strippers (as my dad, grandpa and brother will be there) so here's hoping there are no problems there. i also already told my MOH that i don't want to get drunk and make a fool of myself.. i hate being hungover and i want to enjoy the night! we'll see if that happens next weekend!

i have my 2nd fitting on saturday and i'm VERY nervous. i spent the entire month of january out of town and busy season at work is just now ending... basically i have made no change from my normal routine to get "wedding dress ready"... hopefully everything will still fit fine!

michele, let us know how your fitting goes today! pictures maybe?! :)

Wowie! All these Bach party stories are making me nervous! No... ours will be fine. We are having them on the same night so we dont have to think about each other while 1 of us is sitting at home. Thankfully Ben doesnt drink so they are just going golfing and then going back to his sister's house to play poker. Us on the other hand, we're going out to a bar but I dont plan on drinking too much and I want to make that clear to everyone before they start going "shot" crazy. The next day is Easter and I'm sure all of us have somewhere to be and I certainly dont want to spend that day hung over.

Good luck ladies on the last month of planning. I hope all is well!

Well, I can cross another item from my list, they finally got my paperwork!!!woot.gif 3 weeks in the mail, most of this "somewhere" between New York state and Florida... Lesson learned, should have used FedEx next day! But I don't plan to ever get married again... I must say that Tuesday night I ordered new birth certificates super rush (they came today, quite good for some government service), was going to send them to my translator tonight, hoping he could do the job for Monday and then overnight them by Fedex. I won't have to spend this extra money now, and will sleep better tonight!

My next big thing are the rings. We have our silver samples since last week, and we wear them from the moment we get home till we leave for work. My DBF still don't know which of his sample he prefers, and we are 3 weeks from leaving! I'm also waiting for my necklace. And I need to go shopping for swimsuits, I only have 2 that fit well, and I usually bring 4 for a week at the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok View Post
Well, I can cross another item from my list, they finally got my paperwork!!!woot.gif 3 weeks in the mail, most of this "somewhere" between New York state and Florida... Lesson learned, should have used FedEx next day! But I don't plan to ever get married again... I must say that Tuesday night I ordered new birth certificates super rush (they came today, quite good for some government service), was going to send them to my translator tonight, hoping he could do the job for Monday and then overnight them by Fedex. I won't have to spend this extra money now, and will sleep better tonight!
Hooray!!! The last thing you need this late in the game is to stress about paperwork lost in No Man's Land. On to bigger and better things, like bathing suit shopping!!