Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Elizabeth Medina and Del Sol are amazing but too pricey for me! I am looking into Claudia Rodriquez for photography and Mike Cantarell for videography.

Phillybride - Juan does take amazing pics too. I have to compare the costs and what they offer to make my final decision. How many hours did you have him? Is the video your wedding pics set to music or is it an actual video?

Peterpanpixiedust - I think the bridal party covering up the rocks is a great idea. I will 6 people on each side which will help deal with the new view. haha

So..how long are most of you having your photographer and/or videographer at the wedding? If you choose 5 hours would that be from like 3-8pm for example or is it 5 hours of shooting. What if they are eating or something? haha I want to make sure I have them for all the important things but paying for a full day for both is going to be crazy expensive. Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm just trying to get a sense of what other brides are doing.

Abbie32 - i believe the resort vidoegrapher is Cancun Wedding Videos which is Mike Canterell, I may be wrong, but I think I saw a bride review some time ago and it was him.....

We can't afford a photographer / vidoe extra, so we are having the included ones and we will plan on a little money on the side to maybe buy extra photo time or a cd of pictures etc.

We are paying extra for DJ and dancefloor, we only have a small group but we think it will help with ambience.

Take care,

Tori

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie32 View Post
Elizabeth Medina and Del Sol are amazing but too pricey for me! I am looking into Claudia Rodriquez for photography and Mike Cantarell for videography.

Phillybride - Juan does take amazing pics too. I have to compare the costs and what they offer to make my final decision. How many hours did you have him? Is the video your wedding pics set to music or is it an actual video?

Peterpanpixiedust - I think the bridal party covering up the rocks is a great idea. I will 6 people on each side which will help deal with the new view. haha

So..how long are most of you having your photographer and/or videographer at the wedding? If you choose 5 hours would that be from like 3-8pm for example or is it 5 hours of shooting. What if they are eating or something? haha I want to make sure I have them for all the important things but paying for a full day for both is going to be crazy expensive. Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm just trying to get a sense of what other brides are doing.
I believe you are only suppose to have Juan for 90 mins (half hour for the ceremony and an hour after) He was with us longer, but that was his fault. He asked if we wanted regualr beach shots or Light house shots. To save time, I told him just beach shots since the light house was a little further away. He took all of the beach shots with us and the Wedding party and then he took me & DH over to the light house after. All in All, we had him over 2 hours.
Abbie is right (below)..Its Cancun Wedding Videos and they set to all to music. We made a CD for the ceremoney. It had all of the songs we walked down the isle too & ETC and he asked if he could have that...So we were able to hear those songs clearly on the video while the ceremoney was going on and then he added a couple more songs to play because he was with us the whole time Juan was taking our pics, so that was all in the video too. It's a short video, but it's really nice and since it was included in the package, you really cant beat it. I love it. But like I (& TA Jill) have said, make sure you tell him if you want to include your First dance song in there. That is my only regret sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriOary View Post
Abbie32 - i believe the resort vidoegrapher is Cancun Wedding Videos which is Mike Canterell, I may be wrong, but I think I saw a bride review some time ago and it was him.....

We can't afford a photographer / vidoe extra, so we are having the included ones and we will plan on a little money on the side to maybe buy extra photo time or a cd of pictures etc.

We are paying extra for DJ and dancefloor, we only have a small group but we think it will help with ambience.

Take care,
Tori
We didn't pay for anything extra with the resort photog, he just took ceremony pics and then pics of us after..However, 2 days later he sends someone to the resort with yur phot album that's included and a CD of the photos that are in the Album. Then he has the CD of ALL the pictures that Juan took that day, in our case it was over 600. If we wanted that we had to pay $350.00 for it. So we did. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but the pictures aren't copy righted, so we were able to make our own books and prints. I am glad we did it :)

A couple of us have mentioned this before, but I will mention again....

Look into bringing a photographer from the states! My total for 2 photographers, including 8hrs on the wedding day AND a 3hr TTD....$1600. Not bad. I get a DVD with full copy rights to all pics taken...estimated 800 pics just for the wedding. And a photographer I love who speaks perfect English! She charges $5,000 for the same back home, but she's in it for the trip to Cancun and making her portfolio look bigger. So worth it for all involved.

PhillyBride... were your photo's retouched (special effects, sharper image..airbursh, playing with the light, mixed black and white w/ color)? Also, what did the album look like.. were the photos high quality luster, is it a black or white book, leather? Sorry, lots of questions.

sooo.... crazy day. Just found out all in one day that his parents are "ok" with the idea of Cancun... meaning they will not complain (YAY!) and then received an email from my photog stating that he won't be able to come shoot our wedding afterall, even though he feels incredibly silly for not taking the opportunity (he's my age and about to start a family soon, and doesn't want to commit and then have to back out... kudos to telling me way before rather than close to the wedding, but still a bummer... his work is amazing, and he gives you 4x6 of 400-500 photos in a desinger display box to keep (and not one with "proof" stamped on it). I want to cry... but need to move on.... soooooooo

was looking at keeping the resort photog (all u ladies who did the same look amazing) and found out that Dos Ojos Cenote (or at least I think it's this one) has a TTD group outing. 50 photos from personal photog, transport to and from your resort, snorkling, lunch for 4 hours @ $60 a person. $85 throws in zip lines, sky cycle, another hour. I emailed to see if they do underwater and to see a sample. I'll let you know.

Sorry to hear about your photographer, however, lucklily the work done by the resort photographer looks great, we are having the resort phtog also :)

Wow, please let me know when you get more details on the Trash the Dress outing, I would love some more details on that - sounds very intriguing........

Thanks,

Tors