any sandals dunns river brides??

I'm really no help but for what it's worth, I stayed at the RIU in June and it's adjacent to the dunn's river sandals, those are the only 2 resorts in that stretch of beach. The 2 are separated by a rock wall and Sandal's beach is small but still beautiful. It makes sense that you said it is adults only, I didn't know that at the time, but it sounded like they we're having a rocking good time, lol. This restaurant at the RIU (plantation) is next to the dividing wall and there was good music playing on the other side and people sounded like it was so much fun, we wanted to look, lol.

I also remember seeing a lot of people on the balconies at Sandals eating breakfast in the morning....that's a nice touch. If you look at my siggy pic Sandals is to the right - the water is gorgeous. I'll see if I have any pics of Sandals in my album. I hope another Sandals bride pops up for ya!

pictures of real people's weddings!:

Our wedding pictures from weddings photos on webshots

pictures of the resort: sandals dunns river pictures and videos on Webshots

youtube video - the resort: YouTube - Sandals Dunns River Villagio Golf Resort & Spa- Resort Video

reviews (from yahoo):

I would give this resort 5 stars. We had our wedding there and despite the rain all week we had a great time. The sandals employees were wonderful and generally helpful. We had the butler service and could say that this service really made the difference in our trip. The butlers scheduled the tours we wanted made any reservations needed, was really on top of all of our requests, really made us feel pampered. All though it rained on the day of our wedding the staff did a wonderful job of relocating it and it turned out beautiful. We had pictures taken and were able to pick the ones we liked. They did a wonderful job. The best restaurant there was the El Capitano, the snapper was deliscous. The room we had was very nice. The bed was very comfortable and we had room service every morning for breakfast. We had some dissapointments with the weather but that cannot be helped. The resort tried its best to have activities to do even with the rain. We went kayaking, snorkling some of the inclusive items and those were alot of fun. We took the horsebackriding tour that was alot of fun. Dawnette was a great tour guide, we also did the mountain bike ride, it was fun. We wanted to do the boose cruise but it was cancelled twice due to the rain. We ate at the Marco Polo restaraunt but the service that day was very slow, but the food was good. The drinks were very tasty. I highly recommend this resort. I can't wait to go back and hope the weather will be better our next visit.

After reading both positive and negative reviews for two months prior to my honeymoon, I can admit that I was exited and scared. It seemed that either people loved this location and the hotel or hated it. Therefore, I thought I would write a review that might help those trying to make sure they have not wasted a good deal of money...not to mention vacation days.

Pros: Adults only (no nude beach, but a couple of guests went topless), beautiful beach, grounds were extremely clean, hotel staff was friendly and accomodating, water sports with modern equipment, hotel room decor. Cons: The drive to the hotel is about 1 hour 45 minutes including the stop (I really didn't mind, but some guests complained), expect severe poverty, customs at MBJ airport took about an hour, food was mediocre (the pizzaria was great, Italian restaurant was quite good too), hope you like Red Stripe, reef beyond the resort not in good shape for snorkling. To do: Dunn's River Falls (go on the "booze cruise" from the resort), James Bond beach, zip line tour was fun, but somewhat quick. To avoid: Margaritaville (love Jimmy Buffett, but this is the single biggest tourist trap I have ever encountered), the Marco Polo restaurant in the resort. Finally, we had a great time at the resort. However, the nightlife is surprisingly slow considering the average age of newlyweds (the disco was empty every night).

....and of course you can check tripadvisor.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by atjorgensen View Post
it seems like everyone is a riu bride and no sandals brides!!! i did look into riu but since we arent taking our kids we wanted a kid free resort so we went with sandals. any info is appreciated!! thanks.
Hi! I'm getting married at the Sandals Grande Ocho Rios on May 17, 2008. We can probably help each other since many of the offerings are the same. Let me know and I can share the info I've gathered so far.