Ocean Turquesa & Coral Brides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjaeb View Post
Hi Everyone,

I just got married at the H10 Ocean Coral & Turquesa on January 26th, 2010 and it was AMAZING! One of the brides on the Newbies forum asked for DO's & DON'T, so here they are ... also, if anyone has specific questions feel free to email me: cdjaeb@gmail.com as for some reason I'm no longer getting email updates from this site.

All in all, our wedding was AMAZING and the few tiny things I'm pointing out for you to do differently were hardly even noticeable on our day because of all the other wonderful things happening! My husband and I are both very detail-oriented and perfectionist, and we ended up being THRILLED with how things turned out! All of our guests were also happy and have been making all kinds of nice comments about our wedding. I can't emphasize enough how wonderful Ana is - she is really the BEST!!

Happy wedding planning - enjoy it because it will be over before you know it.

And one more piece of advice ... walk down the aisle VERY VERY slowly to make it last as long as you can.

Good luck & happily ever after!
Clarissa
Hey Clarissa,

Firstly, huge congratulations on becoming a Mrs!! :)
Secondly, I am so pleased for you that you had such a totally amazing time, which really comes through from your post; and
Thirdly, thank you so much for such a comprehensive and detailed review. That has got to be one of the most helpful I have seen on most threads! It is going to be so totally invaluable to me and other OCT brides - thank you so so so so much for taking the time out now you're back to write, and in so much detail.

I'm now coming up to my 10 week mark and time is starting to fly by faster and faster now! it really calmed me down reading that, and made me take a step back and appreciate why it is we're going there and stop worrying about all the little details - I can't wait to come back being that happy! (I HOPE!!)

Congratulations once again smile159.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin&Scott View Post
Katie you're so excited and I love it!! I know your day will be amazing!!
haha thanks Lin....everytime someone comes back and tells us all about it, I just can't help but get excited all over again!!

So much to do but at the same time I can't wait to get out there!! I had my first dress fitting today so that's made me even more excited!! smile29.gif

Hi Everyone,

I just got married at the H10 Ocean Coral & Turquesa on January 26th, 2010 and it was AMAZING! One of the brides on the Newbies forum asked for DO's & DON'T.....

THANK YOU CLARISSA!!!!

What a great list, very helpful! My big day is coming up so quick and your review has me breathing a little easier :)

I appreciate all the information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post
I am debating between the Barcelo Mayan Palace and the OCEAN TURQUESA...anyone who compared the two..ur feedback will be appreciated.
I did and am very happy about my decision to go with the Ocean Turquesa. My biggest reasons were Barcelo will not allow outside photography as they have a contracted group (once I saw their website/photos, I was not impressed). The other thing was we didn't want a huge chain resort that was very large, we want an opportunity to run into our family & friends during the week.
The proximity to the quaint town of Puerto Morales was a draw too.

I suggest readding some of the threads on here and various trip advisor websites.

Hope that helps!
Happy Planning,
Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post
Ok! change of heart, I will stay at Royal Playa Del Carmen in June and do my onsite visits! because me and my fiancé really wanna stay at adult only resort... even we have to pick a kids friendly resort for our wedding...sigh...
Good luck!

Not sure if it makes any difference but OCT does have an adult only section and pools etc so kids are separate if that's what you want....just thought I'd throw that in there! lol

Enjoy your site visits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Katie~ View Post
Good luck!

Not sure if it makes any difference but OCT does have an adult only section and pools etc so kids are separate if that's what you want....just thought I'd throw that in there! lol

Enjoy your site visits!
WOW...that is COOL to know. I love kids when they are mine! otherwise...I prefer adult only section! LOL

Ok Ladies...my big day is at the end of this month!!!

I am getting so excited but at the same time a little worried. All of your feedback has been helpful & wonderful but I've just read some absolutely horrible reviews about the hotel.

I'd like to know who went with the priviledge package and did it make any differences?

Hopefully this is just some last minute panics... I just want all my guests to be happy (and free of food posioning & bed bug bites :)

I am feeling really positive & looking forward to our special day, I guess reading some of the negative has got me nervous.

Maybe I'll just go reread all the great reviews on here :)

Thanks ladies!