Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 View Post
Gah I'm so confuuuuuused! Tiffany had said that I could do a private reception for $14 pp, Tiffany says "This dinner event includes a private area, private service staff, and private international open bar, round tables that hold up to 7 people, eating/drinking utensils and chairs with white covers/white bows."

So does this include the actual DINNER, or just the private reception (meaning drinks, tables, UTENSILS-gee, thanks!, and chairs)? Do I have to pay above and beyond that for the actual FOOD?

Pleeease help :)
No, you do not have to pay extra for the food. I am doing the same private reception as you, but mine is $12 pp instead of 14 because I booked almost 2 years ago when prices were cheaper. That amount includes the food, plus everything else you listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan View Post
No, you do not have to pay extra for the food. I am doing the same private reception as you, but mine is $12 pp instead of 14 because I booked almost 2 years ago when prices were cheaper. That amount includes the food, plus everything else you listed.

Sweet glory hallelujah :) That is wonderful news! I was going to have to reconfigure my whole budget to try figure out how much this thing was going to cost! This was me ----> smile41.gif

Thanks for easing my fears Meghan!

Taylorwd...I'm SO glad things worked out the way you wanted them to. They were seriously going to have a riot on their hands with all us AB brides! I'm ok with our reception being "semi-private"...we'll be the life of the party anyway wink.gif Everyone else can just leave us alone! Hehe.

Lolo...good luck on your wedding! I am sooo jealous you get to go to Me-hi-co in just a few days. I hope it's sunny and beautiful and the alcohol is flowin'!

AmyKH...yay for your dress coming in!! I'm sure you'll look gorgeous in it...feel free to post pics cheesy.gif

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Quote:

Taylorwd...I'm SO glad things worked out the way you wanted them to. They were seriously going to have a riot on their hands with all us AB brides! I'm ok with our reception being "semi-private"...we'll be the life of the party anyway wink.gif Everyone else can just leave us alone! Hehe.
Me too!! It's a great start to what could have been a very stressful weekend. The final outcome of it all was the kind we all hope to get from luxury properties like Karisma.

Semi-private would have been okay if it weren't that we're paying for private. I have no doubt you'll have the whole restaurant joining you by the time your party gets going!!

You too have a great weekend! You're dogs are absolute cuties, BTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee1811 View Post
Okay, after hearing Taylor's story, I'm a little bit worried. If you go to the Karisma hotels website, and click on the weddings, then the private event banquet package, they have completely changed all of the menus, and they are over double/triple what I had been planning on paying (I was using one of the set menus). The reason I was concerned was because I sent in my details sheet last week with the menu on it, and when Tiffany sent it back, she had taken it off. So I resent it to her again, and now I'm just waiting to hear from her. I haven't paid off my balance, so I hope she doesn't tell me that the menus have changed--I really don't think I could afford to have a private reception with the new prices posted....
I also started to panic b/c I saw the price changes and wanted the $14 pp meal for the private event. I called and spoke with my WC today to make sure b/c I knew it would be on my mind all weekend. She confirmed that I still can get the $14 pp meal since I have already started the process. She also sent me an email to confirm this dinner menu. So girls give your WC a call and have them put it in writing for a peace of mind.

I actually feel alittle bad for the WC (mine is awesome) b/c it seems that Karisma is consistently changing the rules on them without any notice and they have to be the bearer of bad news to us brides.

lolo-have a great time.

I have a question about a few things for the Azul Beach brides:

1) The wedding coordinator who has been in contact with me is Cecile Alix--has anyone had any experiences with her?

2) Did you arrange all of your extras through the WC or through Lomas?

3) Has anyone used an outside florist? or have a good experience with the resort florist? I looked at the Lomas site and didn't see anything I liked. Do they take photos and make you what you want?

4) Does anyone have any experiences with the Kids Club or Teen Club?

Any tips??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenHeart View Post
I hope I'm not wrong but I think we should all relax just a little bit because stressing for the next 1-2 months over our weddings aren't going to make things any better.
:)
WOW, you girls are stressing ME out!! Big hugs to everyone! I agree with Amy, don't get worked up (of course easier said than done), but everything will work itself out! I hope next weeks goes smoother for all of you! Have a great weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
WOW, you girls are stressing ME out!! Big hugs to everyone! I agree with Amy, don't get worked up (of course easier said than done), but everything will work itself out! I hope next weeks goes smoother for all of you! Have a great weekend!
See what happens when you're not here, LOL!! You keep us grounded :)

Have a fab weekend!

KittenHeart I LOVE your new siggy pic! That is drop-dead gorgeous!

I'm trying to get the cojones to do BD pics, but honestly I'd like to lose, like, 20 more pounds first before I'll be comfortable letting my inner vixen out wink.gif. I'm working on it...have lost 10 already...but man it's coming off slow! Of course, it would probably help if I started working out (I'm notoriously lazy) so I'm going to start that soon....one of these days....

I thought it was pretty funny that Tiffany said in her email that the eating utensils were included in the private dinner event. Um...would I have had to rent them otherwise? I guess I can't take anything for granted in this whole planning process cheesy.gif

Quote:
KittenHeart I LOVE your new siggy pic! That is drop-dead gorgeous!

I'm trying to get the cojones to do BD pics, but honestly I'd like to lose, like, 20 more pounds first before I'll be comfortable letting my inner vixen out wink.gif. I'm working on it...have lost 10 already...but man it's coming off slow! Of course, it would probably help if I started working out (I'm notoriously lazy) so I'm going to start that soon....one of these days....

I thought it was pretty funny that Tiffany said in her email that the eating utensils were included in the private dinner event. Um...would I have had to rent them otherwise? I guess I can't take anything for granted in this whole planning process cheesy.gif
Thank you!! The secret for me was, working out like a mad woman the month before and eating really well. I even did a cleanse too. I brought my MOH/BF with me at the last second which was a great idea, helped me have more fun and my photog also greeted us with 2 double shots of Patron and made sure to continue filling up our wine glasses the whole time. That definitely made it easier!

LOL! Yeah... that's the thing with weddings, ask a lot of questions like exactly what things come with in detail, you'd be surprised at what they make you pay for. For example, I'm renting different chairs than the ones that come with the Sky Deck wedding and I obviously want those chairs at my reception so I asked if they could move the to the reception while we're having the cocktail hour... nope, I have to rent a whole NEW set of chairs!! So annoying.

I think a page or a couple posts are missing b/c I cant seem to find where Taylor (who is Wendy, right?) says what the outcome of the Terrace was or the post where Amy says brides with upcoming weddings don't have to worry about the price increases.... whats the story?

I know I shouldn't get worked up but its sooo hard to stay sane. Thanks Amy & Nicole!

I actually had a mini bridezilla attack last week. So, FI and I are staying 1 extra night for alone time after our wedding. Turns out one of the GM (the one who did not book the hotel until it was sold out) are bringing their girlfriend now to the wedding and staying 3 extra nights. I told him that we are having alone time and will not be talking to them after Monday. Anyways, I have never met this girlfriend before (its a 3 month relationship now). She is coming to Mexico on Saturday, the day we are getting married, so I am not even going to meet her before she sits at my wedding ceremony. I asked GM to have her come friday b/c everyone will already know each other and she might feel left out, especially when he is doing wedding party duties before the ceremony and she is staying at AS not AB so wont even get to mingle before the wedding. I know in the grand scheme of things this will not matter, but I am having a hard time getting over it.