ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
duprk452- the charge is for ceremonies after 4pm, not the reception. I have the same situation as you, ceremony at 2pm reception at 6 pm

candicemarie- Im not really sure what to do! I agree it may be bad to just wait but I have tried several times with no luck. yikes! I will plan on doing manis/pedis the day before for sure. The guys are golfing that day so it will just be us girls! I feel like I should book spazul just in case Veronicas falls through. Ill post somewhere else and see if anyone knows what to do
I wish I could get a later ceremony.. I don't know what my guests will do for 3 hours. I guess I have time to figure that out. Also, I have kids attending the wedding, so where are they supposed to go between the ceremony and reception?

i'm still waiting to hear back from my WC about the additional $400 charge for a ceremony after 4pm (mine's at 6). since i booked before they added the feel, i feel like they should honor their original prices.

duprk452 - as far as the time for sunset in june, i'm not positive. in may, it's at 7, so i'm having my ceremony at 6 so we won't be caught in the dark but hope to have a nice sunset for the end of the ceremony and/or during the cake/champagne toast.

i'm curious, too, about what people are doing in the time between the ceremony and the reception. my ceremony is at 6 and the reception is at 9. we'll have a dozen people or fewer, so i'm wondering if we can just go to one of the resort's bars after the champagne toast and before dinner for an hour or so. i'd love to hear some creative (but not expensive) options for a super small group! is anyone thinking of walking down 5th avenue in their dress and taking some pictures? could be kind of a fun experience with such a small group...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
i'm still waiting to hear back from my WC about the additional $400 charge for a ceremony after 4pm (mine's at 6). since i booked before they added the feel, i feel like they should honor their original prices.

duprk452 - as far as the time for sunset in june, i'm not positive. in may, it's at 7, so i'm having my ceremony at 6 so we won't be caught in the dark but hope to have a nice sunset for the end of the ceremony and/or during the cake/champagne toast.

i'm curious, too, about what people are doing in the time between the ceremony and the reception. my ceremony is at 6 and the reception is at 9. we'll have a dozen people or fewer, so i'm wondering if we can just go to one of the resort's bars after the champagne toast and before dinner for an hour or so. i'd love to hear some creative (but not expensive) options for a super small group! is anyone thinking of walking down 5th avenue in their dress and taking some pictures? could be kind of a fun experience with such a small group...!
These are both options that I have thought of. I figured that the FI and I would be taking pictures for about an hour after the ceremony, so that our parents could host something in the cigar and tequilla bar, or the martini bar. Then once we take pictures on the beach, we could ALL take a stroll down 5th Ave. and this would be a good time to get some pictures there
and check out a bar or two. The guys could also stop and get cigars rolled as a favor or something.

Also, I checked and it seems that sunset is at 730 in June for anyone looking. I will probably start my dinner around 6 so that we can eat with the little sunshine left and then the party can start after dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post

I was just concerned that you say your reception is at 9? I think the beach receptions have to end by 10 and the other location at 11? Girls help, me out if I am wrong. Are you going to have enough time for your reception?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagPrincess View Post
Woohoo! I get to add myself to this list, I've been waiting for ages, we are going to book this week.

I saw the $400 on my info today as well. But it says no charge if you are doing th free package? Not sure if that means no free wedding on those days? Or you don't need to worry about the $400?

diana&steve0304 - April 3, 2010
Shining - April 17, 2010
kimmy44 - April 21, 2010
jcooper79 - April 22, 2010
aerazo - April 23, 2010
llm78 - April 25, 2010
kimmy44 - April 28, 2010
AprilandRyan - May 1, 2010
jennie.lewis - May 7, 2010
SDbeachgirl - May 7, 2010
LynnieS - May 14, 2010
Lexibride - May 15, 2010
tutti1299 - May 15, 2010
dianep - May 15, 2010 (gran)
astreit - May 16, 2010
boolo318 - May 28, 2010
Denisema00 - May 29, 2010
Lady_Di - May 29, 2010
candicemarie - June 5, 2010
kenlyn8984 - June 10, 2010
~Stephanie~ - June 11, 2010
duprk452- June 18, 2010

super19 - June 21, 2010
louise_pernell - June 25, 2010
2mckee- June 27, 2010
cinny726 - June 2010
Pattie - June 2010
Jamk32179- September 18, 2010
smckinney22 - October 9, 2010
ReidCapote - October 24, 2010
Shirley_Ken - October 28, 2010
Natalie79 - October 30, 2010
Celine- November 5, 2010
bmlynch - November 6, 2010
Randi - November 11, 2010
Trinas79 - November 11, 2010
jesmcan - November 12, 2010
futuremrs1113-November 13, 2010
giraffexx - November 19, 2010
mslisaaragon - November 22, 2010
MichaelandAraceli- December 18, 2010

Lisa DSO- January 1, 2011
FutureMrsYak- January 11,2011
pineapplebride - *maybe* April 2011
speedy130 - May 7, 2011
PaperBagPrincess - May 21, 2011
stevensfiance - 2010 -Royal, Cancun
Yay! So many brides around the time of my wedding! I will be looking for you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
I was just concerned that you say your reception is at 9? I think the beach receptions have to end by 10 and the other location at 11? Girls help, me out if I am wrong. Are you going to have enough time for your reception?
I thought this was true as well

Also, I believe children have to leave for the time in between and all non-Royal guests as well. I know they can definitely not drink from the Royal bars so it would be boring for them to just stand around and talk. However, mine are just staying across the street so it may be a good time and easy for kids to leave and take a nap!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
I thought this was true as well

Also, I believe children have to leave for the time in between and all non-Royal guests as well. I know they can definitely not drink from the Royal bars so it would be boring for them to just stand around and talk. However, mine are just staying across the street so it may be a good time and easy for kids to leave and take a nap!!!
Yep, we do not want to get charged for anything that non guests drinks/eat that are not included in the wedding package.

the garden reception ends at 10pm and beach reception ends at 11pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
i'm at the gran porto, so maybe it's different? i was told they have their receptions at 6 and at 9. they last an hour and a half. seems short, but we have such a small party that there won't be a huge dance. i hope to have some music and space there, though, if people want to use it.

the more i think about the walk up fifth avenue, the more i like it. we could probably get some fun and unique pictures. and there will be ten or fewer guests, so it could be fun to include everyone. and definitely a fun way to pass the time!

has anyone looked into the photographers provided through the resorts?