Monday wedding, Friday arrival - will I have enough time with the WC?

achoy

Hello,

My wedding is on a Monday at ROR and I will be arriving on the Friday. Will I have enough time with the WC to organize and plan the wedding as well as the rehearsal? Do the WC at ROR work on the weekend? Any info or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Of course I am not familiar with Jamaica, but I was scheduled to arrive at my resort in Mexico on a Thursday for a Sunday wedding. Due to freakish weather all flights for me to get out of NY were canceled. I ended up arriving at the resort on Saturday!!!!!!!!!! I was sooo freaked out because I didn't know if the wedding would even happen!

Let me tell you, in my crazy, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy situation.. organization and communication with the WC before hand was sooo important. I literally had about an hour with my WC before I was off to tend to arriving guests. Before hand we emailed for several months on every single detail of the day. I then emailed a powerpoint presentation with table seating, menu choices for each guests, pictures of items from my planning thread with diretions on how things should be placed together. All of what I thought was micromanaging really paid off! Even my WC was impressed with all of my planning lol. I made her job easier and I also ensured that the day would go off without a hitch. I must say even though I arrived the day before! My wedding was absolutely beautiful and perfect!! I wish the same for you.

If you are worried about not having enough time.. plan ahead and take care of all that you can before you arrive so that you can enjoy yourself a bit before your big day. Good luck with future planning and micromanaging wink.gif

TA Maureen - I managed to get clearance to arrive on the Friday as there are no flights to Jamaica from Toronto Wednesday or Thursday of that week! I just don't know if the WC at ROR will spend enough time with me to plan out everything the way I want. Also, I imagine that we would do the rehearsal on the Sunday but I'm under the impression that the WC's don't work Sundays....is this correct?

vdaybride - Sounds like your wedding was perfect even though you only got there the day before...I still can't believe that happened!! Good thing you're so well organized...thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achoy View Post
Hello,

My wedding is on a Monday at ROR and I will be arriving on the Friday. Will I have enough time with the WC to organize and plan the wedding as well as the rehearsal? Do the WC at ROR work on the weekend? Any info or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
What is your wedding date I read somewhere in this forum of an outside WC
I will try and find it for you

I think if your very organized it can be done.Im sure on all the reviews ive read the girls have said the meeting with the wedding coordinator was all done in a hour or less.I would dupliate everything you email and make notes like youve never made notes before.It really dosent take long if you could get someone from your family to go check how there doing on the day im sure you will be fine xx

I think it is going to depend on how much communication you have before your wedding with your wedding coordinator. If they are the type that just throws the details together at the last minute then I would go as early as possible. If they are contracted to assist in planning "before" the wedding, then I wouldn't worry about having three days to tie details together if it is their job before the wedding to make sure its done. Hope this helps.

Thanks for everyone's advice! I guess another concern is will the WC actually have time to spend with us and the bridal party so that we know what to do for the ceremony (ie. where people should stand, walking down the isle, etc). I would imagine that this is part of the rehearsal but I'm not even sure if we would be able to fit a rehearsal in with the time restraint!

SeptemberBride - the wedding is tentatively booked for Dec. 6, 2010. Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achoy View Post
Thanks for everyone's advice! I guess another concern is will the WC actually have time to spend with us and the bridal party so that we know what to do for the ceremony (ie. where people should stand, walking down the isle, etc). I would imagine that this is part of the rehearsal but I'm not even sure if we would be able to fit a rehearsal in with the time restraint!

SeptemberBride - the wedding is tentatively booked for Dec. 6, 2010. Thanks for your help!
Because of my time constraints, we didn't have a rehearsal. The WC was onsite the day of the wedding and directed everyone and it was all fine. Good luck.