Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina24 View Post
peterpan: you'll definately be able to trade extra people for the cocktail hour, that's a resort thing in general. I'm sure the photog wont be an issue either bc from posts on here, that is ALWAYS exchanged for something.

KB: There is an outside vendor fee of $100/vendor. This is not including the day pass of $92, but from posts on here, brides never get charged the day pass for their vendors.

tisha: The very first and most important thing you need to do is secure the date and time with a deposit!! Communication is quicker if you call the WC directly, but be sure to get EVERYTHING in writing!! also since your date is this year, the WCs will be communicating much faster with you than with those with a date of 2011. you'll find lots of info on here and if you have any questions, ask away!!
Claudia just emailed me back and said my date is open so I emailed her back about booking it right away (I'm surprised she didn't ask me for my payment info). Anywho, I'd like to share my email with you ladies! I'm a question queen, and gave her a huge list in the first email, and she was great about answering them (some are about trades too). Hope this helps! (i'd send as an attach, but i'm still a noob). I've already sent her another email with more questions, let me know if you want those too.

Me:If we chose non symbolic, do we still get free nights toward our anniversary (we would not have a legal document to show the hotel, only the non legal one you provide us, and the hotel says we need proof and have to stay on our anniversary night)?

Claudia:Yes you can have the free nights, the symbolic ceremony you will get a certificate (not a legal one) but this will work to prove you had a wedding with us.

M:If we choose symbolic, do we need to be legally married before we arrive, or can we file in the states for marriage after we come home?
C:As your prefer !

M:Can we choose to not use the photography in our package? One of my friends is offering to take our pictures for free (he and his wife will be guests at our wedding and will stay at the hotel).
C:Yes not a problem

M:Maybe you could let us choose something else (more hours towards our video, or more guests, or music)?
C:Instead of the photos I can give you 1hour video

M:Could you give us a list of options to trade if there are any? I talked to other girls who have received trades? Could we trade the Mexican trio for another musician?
C:Violinist or harpist or guitarrist or 1 hr sound system

M:How much are children prices at the reception (we will have up to 4, ages 2-6)? Are their children’s menus?

C:0-3 yrs old no charge, 4-12 yrs old half price from menu prices

M:Could we see pictures of hair and makeup of some of your previous weddings?

C:Please contact the spa at Spa2@dreamscancun.com.mx

M:Is there a discount if we decide to do a site visit before the wedding? We would like to go this June to check out the resort and maybe take some engagement pictures before our wedding.

C:Yes of course the special rate is $ 99 usd per person per night

M:If we order the ultimate package, can we still pick from the silver menu (my fiancé does not like fish and the gold menu has fish in all of its choices)?
C:Yes of course or we can prepare something special for him

M:Are any beaches going to be closed or scheduled to be under construction in June of 2011?
C:No actually they are finishing in the next couple of days

M:We were engaged under fireworks, and would love to have our first dance with fireworks in the back ground. I have talked to some girls who said it was once allowed. Is it still allowed? It would be so meaningful. How about sparklers?
C:It was allowed but we had an accident las time and now is not allowed, sparklers are allowed.

(i'm going to ask for more trade options, because I've seen some of you ladies getting more hours of sound system for photog, and that seems like such a great deal, but having a longer video is also nice... i want our first dance too and that won't take place until after cocktail hour - which btw i asked if we could nix for more guests.... how many guests extra did you all get ladies?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneWeddingDreams View Post
shae - I just asked her - it wasn't difficult at all to work with Cecilia on it.

I would be happy to share emails with you ladies if needed - just PM me your email addresses.
They may be becoming more strict with Cecilia because she has been allowed trades that they feel are not acceptable.

Claudia is actually the head coordinator, so if people have noticed that Cecilia is not allowing as many trades as she was in the past, it is probably because they've discussed with her what is, and what is not an option.

A while back I asked Claudia to exchange the cocktail hour for a few more guests at the reception...she allowed me 10 more guests. We are all just going to hit up one of the bars in the hotel and drink for free for an hour.

Yesterday I asked her if I could exchange the Mexican Trio for a few more people at the reception as our wedding party & guests attending is very large, she told me that the accounting department is being very difficult with the trades lately & not allowiing Claudia or Cecilia to do much more trading...she did say that regardless she was going to try & help me out with a few more....

hey ladies!!! so i've heard that DJ Mania is offering BDWF brides 30% if they book by the end of feb, I've also heard that it's cheaper to book them directly than through the resort but Cecilia says they can only be booked through the resort. so my question is...shouldnt we be entitled to promotions/discounts as well?? any suggestions as to what you're doing/have done about situations like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina24 View Post
hey ladies!!! so i've heard that DJ Mania is offering BDWF brides 30% if they book by the end of feb, I've also heard that it's cheaper to book them directly than through the resort but Cecilia says they can only be booked through the resort. so my question is...shouldnt we be entitled to promotions/discounts as well?? any suggestions as to what you're doing/have done about situations like this?
Last time he did this dreams gave a bit of a discount as well, if the brides mentioned to the WC the promotion that was being offered. But I think it's only if you don't already have him booked, just new bookings.

Hi ladies....which reception location have you decided to go with if you are doing a private reception? I definitely want to do something outside....but would like somewhere with a solid surface...not the beach or grass area. Is the Club Terrace the only outdoor reception place that is not on the beach or grass? Thanks!

what are Mannia's prices? I want a few hours and a light up dance floor. But I didn't see any price listings.

Btw.... I GOT MY DRESS YESTERDAY!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (bye bye money :-( haha) I'm so EXCITED!!!! It's a Sottero & Midgley JSM 1239 in ivory and pewter and I'm having a corset back added. I'll put up pics when it comes in!

Happy Valentines Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jill View Post
Last time he did this dreams gave a bit of a discount as well, if the brides mentioned to the WC the promotion that was being offered. But I think it's only if you don't already have him booked, just new bookings.
yeah I emailed Cecilia and she said the discounts dont apply at Dreams sad.gif
btw, Im faxing you the contract tomorrow :) :)

pp&pd--yay on your dress!!! another maggie bride, dont you LOVE the designs!?!? Cecilia quoted the DJ at 280/hour + 10% tax for this year (this is an increase from prior years of course). the dance floor you want i think is $800. We are doing the reception at the club terrace so that we can save at least on the dance floor!!