Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

I was wondering if anyone knew about the photographer situation at Dreams Riviera Cancun. I am getting married Aug 8, 2010 and I planned on using their photographer. However, I would like to look them up and see their work first. Are we able to bring in a photographer from the area? SO confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymkymkym View Post
Sorry Ashlynn - I don't know how much it would cost for them to do this, I haven't quite decided what I'm doing for decorations yet - I just knew some brides on here were looking for star paper lanterns!
I emailed Ana, so far her responce was if i want those bright stars they sometimes hang on the side, its USD 250 for them to provide and hang 25 stars - gotta love how I didnt get my question answered at all, so I re-emailed her and will let you know if Ana actually lets me know if stars can be hang above the deck and what the cost would be - jeez couple of frustrating days here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly129 View Post
I'm so pissed over this too! So here's thing right - my TA has already booked several people and all of thier confirmations (and mine) say "Complimentary Golf"...so can they really not honor that?!? Arrrrrrgggghhhhh. Naturally no one at the resort has gotten back to my TA and I yet...
If your confirmations say complimentary golf on them, I would assume that they would have to honor that? And if they tried not to, I would make a fuss about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly129 View Post
I'm so pissed over this too! So here's thing right - my TA has already booked several people and all of thier confirmations (and mine) say "Complimentary Golf"...so can they really not honor that?!? Arrrrrrgggghhhhh. Naturally no one at the resort has gotten back to my TA and I yet...
We got all of our travel documents, as did our guests, and we all have vouchers for "complimentary" golf at Playa Mujeres golf course. I'll have to let you guys know how that goes when I get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonJimmy View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew about the photographer situation at Dreams Riviera Cancun. I am getting married Aug 8, 2010 and I planned on using their photographer. However, I would like to look them up and see their work first. Are we able to bring in a photographer from the area? SO confused!
Hi and welcome! When I received information about a photographer from Ana, she told me that the resort photographers were Juan Navarro and Sweet Caribbean. Although, I think someone a few posts back mentioned that the resort photographer is Adventure Photographers, who are the on-site photographers at the resort. There is a link on this page of the thread to pictures that they took http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo.../index129.html
I am using Claudia Rodriguez as my photographer. I asked Ana before I booked her and she said that I could. She never said anything to me about an additional outside vendor fee though (I did ask and she didn't really answer my question). Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
I emailed Ana, so far her responce was if i want those bright stars they sometimes hang on the side, its USD 250 for them to provide and hang 25 stars - gotta love how I didnt get my question answered at all, so I re-emailed her and will let you know if Ana actually lets me know if stars can be hang above the deck and what the cost would be - jeez couple of frustrating days here
Thanks Boo - definitely frustrating!

Does anyone know if we choose the base Wedding Package - can we upgrade later? I'm sending in my deposit today and of course when I asked for the deposit documents etc. I asked Ana this but she never answered my question, so I've sent her another e-mail but you ladies are much quicker at getting back to me than she is!! Thanks popcorn.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymkymkym View Post
Thanks Boo - definitely frustrating!

Does anyone know if we choose the base Wedding Package - can we upgrade later? I'm sending in my deposit today and of course when I asked for the deposit documents etc. I asked Ana this but she never answered my question, so I've sent her another e-mail but you ladies are much quicker at getting back to me than she is!! Thanks popcorn.gif
I've read on here & my TA said that you can change your wedding package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura22610 View Post
Hi and welcome! When I received information about a photographer from Ana, she told me that the resort photographers were Juan Navarro and Sweet Caribbean. Although, I think someone a few posts back mentioned that the resort photographer is Adventure Photographers, who are the on-site photographers at the resort. There is a link on this page of the thread to pictures that they took http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo.../index129.html
I am using Claudia Rodriguez as my photographer. I asked Ana before I booked her and she said that I could. She never said anything to me about an additional outside vendor fee though (I did ask and she didn't really answer my question). Hope this helps!
hi girls!
It was me who posted about Adventure photos...I am doing the ultimate pkg and ana told me a week or two ago that they were my only choice? Anyone been told anything different that is having a late 2010 wedding (mine is nov30th). tiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebernard4985 View Post
Here is what I was told my the resort after emailing them about the golf....

Dear Ms. Bernard,

Unfortunately our golf promotion end on April 30th, and I would like to inform you, our sales department is working for a new promotion for after this date and we'll inform it to you, but as all the promotion are subject to change we can not offer you any compensation in reference the golf promotion, anyway I can ask the golf course if they can offer you a good price for you and your guest.

We really thank you for your understanding into this matter.

Please let me know if you need any assistance.

Sincerely,

Arely López
Chief Concierge
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Tel. +52 (99cool.gif 872 9200

I am soooo pissed right now. Basically they can care less! I am going home tonight and looking through the paperwork to see if it says it on our confirmations. How can they just get rid of a promotion? That is totally FALSE ADVERTISING!!! I understand that their promotions change, however, we should be grandfathered in!!
Geez that's so ridiculous! When I booked, the free golf promo was stated to end August 30th, so I knew I was not promised it (just secretly hoping it would get extended for my group...) but if you were promised the promotion would be valid for your group when you booked, I would be super pissed as well!!! Sorry you are dealing with this sad.gif

I know from reading the facebook page comments that you are certainly not the only one upset about this, so hopefully they will sort something out for all those that this affects (and I imagine it's probably quite a few!). In the meantime though, their dismissive, nonchalant attitude about all of this is really frustrating and disappointing, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlynn039 View Post
If your confirmations say complimentary golf on them, I would assume that they would have to honor that? And if they tried not to, I would make a fuss about it
I agree - I would scream FALSE ADVERTISING at the top of my lungs!!!
If it says complimentary golf on your confirmations then they have to give that to you, or at least something of equivalent value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura22610 View Post
We got all of our travel documents, as did our guests, and we all have vouchers for "complimentary" golf at Playa Mujeres golf course. I'll have to let you guys know how that goes when I get back.
Laura you should be fine. The free golf promo is currently available until May 1st. It's after May 1st that things are totally up in the air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1219 View Post
hi girls!
It was me who posted about Adventure photos...I am doing the ultimate pkg and ana told me a week or two ago that they were my only choice? Anyone been told anything different that is having a late 2010 wedding (mine is nov30th). tiff
Hi - My TA has said that I can use an outside photographer and that there was no fee and my wedding is in November. Of course from hearing on hear that some girls are being told differently I'm going to try and get that in writing. (I'm also doing the ultimate pkg)blink.gif Not sure why everybody seems to get different answers!